Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Of Us: Ellie's altered model

Tagged games:

December 2011 Ellie vs May 2012 Ellie

December Ellie 43 37.39%

May Ellie 72 62.61%

Total:115

I honestly can't tell the difference.

Around the Network

Okay, here face does look more round in the second picture.

Another thing I did notice is that in both pics she looks mildly cross-eyed. I wonder if Naughty Dog did that intentionally.

Jay520 said:

Another thing I did notice is that in both pics she looks mildly cross-eyed. I wonder if Naughty Dog did that intentionally.

Umm... I don't see it. I think you are cross-eyed and you are just seeing it that way.

NintendoPie said:
Jay520 said:

Umm... I don't see it. I think you are cross-eyed and you are just seeing it that way.

Perhaps...but the right eye appears to look to the left more than the other eye.

Jay520 said:
NintendoPie said:
Jay520 said:

Perhaps...but the right eye appears to look to the left more than the other eye.

She is looking to the left, that is why. 

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Jay520 said:
NintendoPie said:
Jay520 said:

She is looking to the left, that is why. 

Compare the left eye to the right eye. The right eye is clearly directed towards the left more than the other eye.

CGI,
Do you think TLOU will touch UC3 in the variety of animations?

I mean.. UC3 has like Drake moving so differently wether hes:
Sneaking, fist fighting, moving, on a horsey, on the cruise ship & dry docks/boats, on the cargoplane, climbing, climbing on the truck hanging FROM the cargoplane, the whole variation in the rub al khali (crawling etc), interacting with items during fights eg bottles or walls, touching things as you go by, balancing on small shit, going down steps like a boss, going up steps like rocky, three jump animations (i now how to trigger each on demand!), running/chase animation, drug animation aaand i cant bother to go on.

So yay or nay?
Look at dis shit! Just filmed it with my crappy iphone off screen footage ( gotta get me some capture card ):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zZ6ml4A5pQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

my point of view cant tell any differences right away but the brow wrinkle and eye spacing, lighting has nothing to do with the model.  in reality dont even care if they made these small changes and dont know what the fuss is about, i dont like little girls and shes not the main or playable character of the game.

i agree about the cross eyed part, left eye's off i think it could be b/c of NDs engine and its not intentional, i mean it cant even do long hair models, notice all the female charters in UC1-3 have short hair or do not have there hair down? and now the same with ellie, you can praise ND all you want but in my eyes if you cant do female hair properly and have to disguise it every time in all your games. . . then i dont care about you

Play Me

Jay520 said:

Compare the left eye to the right eye. The right eye is clearly directed towards the left more than the other eye.

I know. That's how eyes are. My eyes do that when I'm looking towards the left or right. 

CGI!

I forgot the very awesome cover animation. You could sit for 10 mins just watching Drake behind that crate hahaha and in Yemen when you stand still he whipes his forehead with his arm and moves his hands on his face from time to time. Such details x,D