May Ellie 72 62.61%

Total:115

May looks a ton better in design.

Around the Network
Andrespetmonkey said:
MRKs said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
MRKs said:
I prefer the old Ellie, because it's older and that implies it would not be a useless character. The new model, as many said, looks way younger and to me, it now looks the typical useless characters that always get abducted/killed/whatever to make you angry.

Also, old model reminds me of Zoey from L4D which was badass.

She is still the exact same character, the only difference is her appearance. 

And that appearance gives me that impression. Obviously I don't know what kind of character she really is, I am judging over her appearance only.

Right, just letting you know her appearance changes nothing. It's her appearance that needed to be changed to fit the character they want. BTW I don't think we have to worry about her being a useless character and her AI annoying, ND have said they're avoiding all the negative characteristics people often associate with tag alongs, so she'll defend herself and help you out etc. instead of being whiny and needing constant protection.

As far as I'm concerned there is little to no gameplay of the game. Probably ND will deliver and Ellie will be a great character but unless I see some gameplay, her image still gives me the looks of an useless character. Kind of Ashley from RE4, you can see the word useless all over her face xD

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

I think it was a good idea to change things so that a player's initial thought won't be Ellen Page. The new design makes her look more unique, and apparently more fitting for the character and story. Looking forward to some true gameplay at E3.

I like the old model better. This new model lost the look of a sarcastic, tough SOB. Like from the trailer, Ellie was a bit more independent; she ran around alone looking for ammo, stabbed a mutant in the back without hesitation, and was really sarcastic about the whole situation "... better than that guy". This new model she looks more childish, and as others have put it, more helpless.

I guess people don't realise that this doesn't change the actual character whatsoever. It's just a change in appearance, she is still the same age, has the same personality, will do the same things etc.