By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Of Us: Ellie's altered model

Tagged games:

December 2011 Ellie vs May 2012 Ellie

December Ellie 43 37.39%

May Ellie 72 62.61%

Total:115

Aside from the sliiiightly more colorful tone of her skin, what did they change? I ... I can't spot the differences.

Edit: The hair is slightly different as well, I see. It seems like she lost a few strands. :P

Around the Network
wfz said:

Aside from the sliiiightly more colorful tone of her skin, what did they change? I ... I can't spot the differences.

Edit: The hair is slightly different as well, I see. It seems like she lost a few strands. :P

The biggest difference are the lips and cheeks. They mad her "cuter".

I like May Allie more.

May removes any idea of "romance" between her and the dude, which I think is a wise move.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

she looks a lot younger in the new video, however those two pictures she look the same.

Around the Network

The new Ellie obviously has a longer face and less of a flushed out skin tone. The new os much better than the old.

Ajescent said:
May removes any idea of "romance" between her and the dude, which I think is a wise move.

How are they going to fight extinction ?

CGI-Quality said:
Ajescent said:

Never really considered that, but makes perfect sense. Well that and, according to Naughty Dog, they wanted to modify Ellie to look more like her voice actress, Ashley Johnson.

When December came out, I remember reading opinion pieces everywhere saying there was an unspoken sexual tension and "feelings" between the pair in the trailers, which I never really saw. At the same time when it was revealed she's actually 14, questions were being asked about Joel being a peadophile (which makes sense considering NG said, he's not your A-typical good guy), "fixing" her face and explaining the protectiong storyline will hopefully remove all of that.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

It also looks like she got a slight Rhinoplasty and Eye Surgery!

Ellie went under the knife!!! :O

CGI-Quality said:
AndrewWK said:
I like May Ellie more.

Fixed.

Now, why?

Ajescent already answered. She looks more like a kid. In the first trailer she looked kinda arrogant and like ellen page (I hate Ellen Page).

Off topic: I am so freakin hyped for this game I want to preorder it!