By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Want to get screwed by EA? Get BF3 now!

Tagged games:

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

LOL..@ Commies. Theres no commie here (a utopian way of life that in reality doesn't work). Don't get mad at me because I know how the American economy works. I'll give you one thing, you're correct that all of those things are optional, but what if someone who is a shooting fan wants all those games on an Xbox?  Free market? Microsoft and competition don't mix if you know their history, just saying. They like being a monopoly and thank god for Apple that the "free market" continues. 

Anyway as for the Xbox Live fee hike:

Bobby Kotick complaing that he doesn't get a cut of the Xbox Live subscriptions after Microsoft boasted about the majority of Xbox Live players being COD players.

http://gamer.blorge.com/2010/07/08/activision-wants-cut-from-xbox-live-subscription/

"So, with $60 a year out the door for many Call of Duty players – that would be those playing on Xbox 360, as opposed to PC or PlayStation 3 – it's already a significant $5 a month expense and Activision has only snagged a "modest amount" of that $5. So, subscription service, right? "We have an obligation to provide a return for our shareholders,"

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/12/bobby-kotick-on-the-business-of-call-of-duty-dlc-treyarch-inf/

A good enough portion of the money you pay yearly goes to Activision even if you don't play their games.

What if you want all those shooters on Xbox? Then you pay the fees! If you feel the product isn't worth the price, don't give them your money. Simple as that.

Microsoft and competition don't mix? What the fuck are you talking about? Microsoft has a ton of competition. I won't even bother getting into this.

I already know Activision is getting a piece (which I feel they deserve). But clearly you were talking out of your ass when you said its $10.

"A good enough portion of the money you pay yearly goes to Activision even if you don't play their games." This is a ridiculously stupid argument.

If you pay for cable, do you only pay for channels you want? No, you pay for the whole package. Don't like that? You can cancel.

If you pay for PSN Plus, do you get to pick the free content and discounts you want? No. Don't like that? You can cancel.

If you pay for Netflix do you just pay fees for programs you enjoy? No, you pay for access to everything available. Don't like that? You can cancel.

If you pay taxes do you pay only for the services you use? Nope, but we have to pay anyway.

You can pay for bundles of packages and also channel packages relating to one brand with you pay for your cable. Microtransactions, gotta love them.

Want to buy a song on Itunes instead of buying the whole package? Itunes microtransactions. Half the reason Apple is is gouging out the gaming market. It's called Microtranactions. You pay for what you want.

If you pay for PSN Plus everything they have thats available to be played for free is up and ready to be seen before purchase of PSN Plus. Theres a lot of good stuff there and it's optional. Sony doesn't lock you out of your own personal subscriptions that you pay for. Microsoft should have Hulu Plus, Netflix and more on Silver beside you pay for all of those things despite their existence.

You're comparing the US tax system to an online OS subscription? Ok...this argument is over.

why should microsoft have these things for free? because the competiton, losing money with it, has it for free? just because microsoft isn't going the "we are so nice to you we give it for free" way doesn't mean they are assholes or whatever. it's a strategy, as much as sony's system is a strategy as well. they don't give you that for free because they like you so much, they do it because they hope to sell more consoles with this system. that's the only reason, it's a strategy to do it as much as microsoft has a startegy as well. but a different one.

and do you really believe 0 euros from ps+ is going to pay the psn costs for sony? they make money with it which they can use to reduce the loss of psn as example. who knows what they would do without playstation+ and so many users nowadays. maybe they would charge everyone as well, just for less, for mabye 20 bucks a year or so.it's not like sony is doing it like this: "everyone who pays for ps+ is getting so much extra, it's an even bigger loss for us". it's more like: "everyone who is paying for playstation+ is also paying a little bit for the people playing for free"

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

LOL..@ Commies. Theres no commie here (a utopian way of life that in reality doesn't work). Don't get mad at me because I know how the American economy works. I'll give you one thing, you're correct that all of those things are optional, but what if someone who is a shooting fan wants all those games on an Xbox?  Free market? Microsoft and competition don't mix if you know their history, just saying. They like being a monopoly and thank god for Apple that the "free market" continues. 

Anyway as for the Xbox Live fee hike:

Bobby Kotick complaing that he doesn't get a cut of the Xbox Live subscriptions after Microsoft boasted about the majority of Xbox Live players being COD players.

http://gamer.blorge.com/2010/07/08/activision-wants-cut-from-xbox-live-subscription/

"So, with $60 a year out the door for many Call of Duty players – that would be those playing on Xbox 360, as opposed to PC or PlayStation 3 – it's already a significant $5 a month expense and Activision has only snagged a "modest amount" of that $5. So, subscription service, right? "We have an obligation to provide a return for our shareholders,"

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/12/bobby-kotick-on-the-business-of-call-of-duty-dlc-treyarch-inf/

A good enough portion of the money you pay yearly goes to Activision even if you don't play their games.

What if you want all those shooters on Xbox? Then you pay the fees! If you feel the product isn't worth the price, don't give them your money. Simple as that.

Microsoft and competition don't mix? What the fuck are you talking about? Microsoft has a ton of competition. I won't even bother getting into this.

I already know Activision is getting a piece (which I feel they deserve). But clearly you were talking out of your ass when you said its $10.

"A good enough portion of the money you pay yearly goes to Activision even if you don't play their games." This is a ridiculously stupid argument.

If you pay for cable, do you only pay for channels you want? No, you pay for the whole package. Don't like that? You can cancel.

If you pay for PSN Plus, do you get to pick the free content and discounts you want? No. Don't like that? You can cancel.

If you pay for Netflix do you just pay fees for programs you enjoy? No, you pay for access to everything available. Don't like that? You can cancel.

If you pay taxes do you pay only for the services you use? Nope, but we have to pay anyway.

You can pay for bundles of packages and also channel packages relating to one brand with you pay for your cable. Microtransactions, gotta love them.

Want to buy a song on Itunes instead of buying the whole package? Itunes microtransactions. Half the reason Apple is is gouging out the gaming market. It's called Microtranactions. You pay for what you want.

If you pay for PSN Plus everything they have thats available to be played for free is up and ready to be seen before purchase of PSN Plus. Theres a lot of good stuff there and it's optional. Sony doesn't lock you out of your own personal subscriptions that you pay for. Microsoft should have Hulu Plus, Netflix and more on Silver beside you pay for all of those things despite their existence.

You're comparing the US tax system to an online OS subscription? Ok...this argument is over.

why should microsoft have these things for free? because the competiton, losing money with it, has it for free? just because microsoft isn't going the "we are so nice to you we give it for free" way doesn't mean they are assholes or whatever. it's a strategy, as much as sony's system is a strategy as well. they don't give you that for free because they like you so much, they do it because they hope to sell more consoles with this system. that's the only reason, it's a strategy to do it as much as microsoft has a startegy as well. but a different one.

and do you really believe 0 euros from ps+ is going to pay the psn costs for sony? they make money with it which they can use to reduce the loss of psn as example. who knows what they would do without playstation+ and so many users nowadays. maybe they would charge everyone as well, just for less, for mabye 20 bucks a year or so.it's not like sony is doing it like this: "everyone who pays for ps+ is getting so much extra, it's an even bigger loss for us". it's more like: "everyone who is paying for playstation+ is paying a little  bit for the people playing for free as well"

I know that it's not free because they like us so much. I am saying what makes them so different from the competition when the competition from PC to PS3 gives the same offerings for free. Simple question really...no need to go around it. PSN had losses recently because of the PSN breach not because it was free. PSN Plus is doing pretty well for themselves and they are making profit off of microtransactions. PSN Plus should be considered a tier above Live because it gives you much more. Free games and themes (conditional that you can't keep it without Plus, but you keep the trophies)? 60 minute demos? Early demos? Discounted titles? The gamers are using their own connection for the online anyway so, meh.

TheKoreanGuy said:
KylieDog said:
Cannot understand people who defend XBL fees.

I subscribe to Lovefilm, a movie streaming service. I can access this free on my PC, or free on PS3. If I want to do the same on my 360 I need XBL Gold.

Why? Where the hell is the cost on Microsofts part? I pay lovefilm for the subscription, Lovefilm stream it from their servers to me. The 360 is just a connection device between my router and TV. So why exactly do I need pay MS for the privilege of using my paid for subscription on my own internet line which I pay for and get data from Lovefilms servers.

Lovefilm is not even close to being the only example like this.

XBL Gold paying for MP servers is a complete farce also, most games are P2P hosting, that is a player using their own internet connection, no XBL servers. Some games like many of EAs use dedicated servers, again nothing to do with XBL.

Activision gets a cut of XBL fee, well I don't play any Activision games...I take it I pay less because of this? What, no? I'm paying for other people to play and not myself? Amazing.

This post should not go unnoticed. Although I can see the benefits of paying for an online service, I don't like how Microsoft handles it.

It will go unnoticed.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Those bundles don't give you exactly what you want and you still end up with crap you don't want.

I fail to see how buying a single song can be compared to a subscription service. Its like comparing buying a single movie to a month of Netflix, cable, etc.

No, you pay for PSN plus in packages. You can either buy a 3 month ($20) or 12 month ($50). So you may sign up on a month that has products you want, but there is no guarantee the other months will have products you want. Also I believe you lose access to free games if you cancel, which means the free games aren't actually free. The people generally getting locked out of their accounts on Xbox are morons harassing people, cheaters, or pirates.

I wouldn't mind Netflix, Hulu, or other services being available to Silver members. But MS chooses to make that available only to Gold members. However, you're free to use other platforms that let you access those services free. Simple as that.

Only in the US people are obliged to pay taxes on services they don't use? That's news to me.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

correction/ ignore this post 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

Derailed, by the usual suspect it seems.

7 years on, people still bitch about live.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan said:

You can't blame them though, I don't see where our money goes.

What a fantastic game.

VGKing said:
Euphoria14 said:
VGKing said:
Euphoria14 said:
Gamers will bitch and moan, bitch and moan, bitch and moan, but at the end of the day they will then go out and buy the next EA title, Call of Duty, etc..., further enabling this stuff to go on.

Stop complaining and just stop buying their games. It is really that simple and is the only way to make things change.

Wait, what's so bad about Call of Duty?
What are we "enabling" by buying this game every year?

Is Activsion screwingn people with "rented servers" or "online passes"? Are they removing content from their games in favor of Call of Duty Elite?
That answer to all of this is NO.

Activision is a SAINT when compared to EA and Ubisoft.

The worst things in this industry such as Day 1 DLC, Online Passes are NOT supported by Call of Duty. So naturally, you should support these games over ones that do, should you?

There is nothing wrong with it, I am just saying that the same people who bitch about something end up being the same ones who buy those games and enable it to happen.

Call of Duty is mentioned just because it seems to be the game everyone cries about. I don't play them so I have no clue what these "issues" are.

So you're just spreading misinformation. Cool, gotcha.

Misinformation if you believe all of what i said has only to do with Call of Duty.

It is not misinformation that gamers love to bitch and moan about anything and everything and then proceed to still buy the things they continually bitch and moan about. That is what my point is. My point isn't about Call of Duty.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

brendude13 said:
NotStan said:

You can't blame them though, I don't see where our money goes.

To line a corporation's pockets. That's no surprise to anyone who knows the usual business model - to fleece the consumer.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.