By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Want to get screwed by EA? Get BF3 now!

Tagged games:

brendude13 said:
NotStan said:
Derailed, by the usual suspect it seems.

7 years on, people still bitch about live.

You can't blame them though, I don't see where our money goes.

If you don't see where the money goes than stop putting your money into it.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
NotStan said:

Seven years ago Xbox Live had no equal on consoles, and had already PC where Microsoft had Windows Live. Within the last two years Xbox Live has a direct competitor with equal services which remains free, Steam is superior and free and PC is still free and Windows Live is worthless on PC because Microsoft can't lock you into a payment on an open system so if the people ignore it Microsoft is forced to drop it, hence why Xbox Live is at its current status as a closed entertainment format. All consumers have to do is put two and two together.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
NotStan said:

Seven years ago Xbox Live had no equal on consoles, failed on PC where. Within the last two years Xbox Live has a direct competitor which remains free, PC is still free and Windows Live is worthless on PC because Microsoft can't lock you into a payment on an open system, hence why Xbox Live is at its current status.

Growing and thriving? Despite the free alternative available on a console that is practically a replica of the console? If the service did not justify the cost, then we wouldn't see the constant selling of consoles and growth in the numbers of users who subscribe to xbox live. Not everyone is cheap, the payment does not justify the bitching that ensues. It's literally one months fee of phone contract for the duration of a year. No one forces people to buy Xbox, no one forces people to buy Xbox Live.

Face it, no matter how much you crusade on the internet against xbox live and the MS products in general, people will still be buying it, and I don't think many would give a tiny rats ass about your biased opinion.

Now can you STOP derailing a thread with your useless baseless arguments? If you want to continue, do start your own thread so I can continue to ignore your constant droning and whining.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
NotStan said:

Seven years ago Xbox Live had no equal on consoles, failed on PC where. Within the last two years Xbox Live has a direct competitor which remains free, PC is still free and Windows Live is worthless on PC because Microsoft can't lock you into a payment on an open system, hence why Xbox Live is at its current status.

Growing and thriving? Despite the free alternative available on a console that is practically a replica of the console? If the service did not justify the cost, then we wouldn't see the constant selling of consoles and growth in the numbers of users who subscribe to xbox live. Not everyone is cheap, the payment does not justify the bitching that ensues. It's literally one months fee of phone contract for the duration of a year. No one forces people to buy Xbox, no one forces people to buy Xbox Live.

Face it, no matter how much you crusade on the internet against xbox live and the MS products in general, people will still be buying it, and I don't think many would give a tiny rats ass about your biased opinion.

Now can you STOP derailing a thread with your useless baseless arguments? If you want to continue, do start your own thread so I can continue to ignore your constant droning and whining.

I have an Xbox and I bought Xbox Live for the same reasons many continue to buy it. Word of mouth, Halo, COD, Kinect whatever you will could be reasons why Xbox Live can hook people in. PSN was never marketed as the alternative (even though it is), Most people just connect to it and dont think about it (not to mention it has a more complex community, which you know nothing about until you go into home). The majority of gamers who buy Xbox Live buy it because their friends do. With the alternative, once realized there is no denying it.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
NotStan said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
NotStan said:

I have an Xbox and I bought Xbox Live for the same reasons many continue to buy it. Word of mouth, Halo, COD, Kinect whatever you will could be reasons why Xbox Live can hook people in. PSN was never marketed as the alternative (even though it is), Most people just connect to it and dont think about it (not to mention it has a more complex community, which you know nothing about until you go into home). The majority of gamers who buy Xbox Live buy it because their friends do. With the alternative, once realized there is no denying it.

Right. So by that rationale, a friend of my friend is also a friend of another friend who's actually friends with Bill Gates. So that makes me somewhat of a friend to Bill Gates, after all he's the CEO of MS and it's only logical that his live account is one of the ones who started it all?

What I've seen so far, PSN has nothing in terms of community when compared with the XBL, cross-game party chat being one of the main cons for that, and lack of microphones to top it off.

As I said, I know your posting pattern, this is a pointless argument, don't bother replying, because I sure as hell won't reply back.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network

I was wary when I bought BF3, never again EA.

NotStan said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
NotStan said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
NotStan said:

Right. So by that rationale, a friend of my friend is also a friend of another friend who's actually friends with Bill Gates. So that makes me somewhat of a friend to Bill Gates, after all he's the CEO of MS and it's only logical that his live account is one of the ones who started it all?

What I've seen so far, PSN has nothing in terms of community when compared with the XBL, cross-game party chat being one of the main cons for that, and lack of microphones to top it off.

As I said, I know your posting pattern, this is a pointless argument, don't bother replying, because I sure as hell won't reply back.

PSN has everything that makes Xbox Live special besides the centralized OS which puts everything together into one player friendly unit. It's graphics and design aesthetic pretty much at this point. All Sony would need to do now is find a way to make home apart of a centralized unit, make messaging quick and easy, bundle a headset bring over the cross chat from the Vita (on the next console) and whats done is done. Never thought it was that close? Well it really is. I think Sony also has their head screwed on better about what is worth paying for and what isn't compared to Microsoft who would rather just make you pay for everything including your own subscriptions. Next generation if Sony keeps up what their doing while staying the gamers console and beefing up the online could take back at least some their customers with the online and the games that Microsoft scooped up early on. In a new gen everything starts over. 

As for EA, I know they will still do well in America, but everywhere else? We'll see.

KylieDog said:
Mr Puggsly said:
KylieDog said:
Cannot understand people who defend XBL fees.

I subscribe to Lovefilm, a movie streaming service. I can access this free on my PC, or free on PS3. If I want to do the same on my 360 I need XBL Gold.

Why? Where the hell is the cost on Microsofts part? I pay lovefilm for the subscription, Lovefilm stream it from their servers to me. The 360 is just a connection device between my router and TV. So why exactly do I need pay MS for the privilege of using my paid for subscription on my own internet line which I pay for and get data from Lovefilms servers.

Lovefilm is not even close to being the only example like this.

XBL Gold paying for MP servers is a complete farce also, most games are P2P hosting, that is a player using their own internet connection, no XBL servers. Some games like many of EAs use dedicated servers, again nothing to do with XBL.

Activision gets a cut of XBL fee, well I don't play any Activision games...I take it I pay less because of this? What, no? I'm paying for other people to play and not myself? Amazing.

Why do you have to pay to use a service free elsewhere but not on the 360? Here's a better question, why do you have to use that service on the 360? Its no secret MS charges to access online services. If you don't like that than go use some other piece of hardware and stop the bitching.

All XBL games are actually using servers. Even games that don't have dedicated servers still need to access servers for match making. Safe bet the Live infrastructure is a lot more complex than you imagine.

"Activision gets a cut of XBL fee, well I don't play any Activision games...I take it I pay less because of this? What, no? I'm paying for other people to play and not myself? Amazing." DEJA VU! I Just responded to a ridiculous argument like this. I'll give you the same response.

If you pay for cable, do you only pay for channels you want? No, you pay for the whole package. Don't like that? You can cancel.

If you pay for PSN Plus, do you get to pick the free content and discounts you want? No. Don't like that? You can cancel.

If you pay for Netflix do you just pay fees for programs you enjoy? No, you pay for access to everything available. Don't like that? You can cancel.

If you pay taxes do you pay only for the services you use? Nope, but we have to pay anyway.

WRONG, wrong, wrong again.

Matchmaking servers on games - Nothing to do with XBL.  This is all on the devs, XBL fee does not go towards this.

Cable/sattellite etc - Several different tiers of packages where you only pay for what you want, do not like sports?  Do not pay for spots channels etc.
PSN Plus - This is an example of a different tier, PSN is free for to access all services which I already pay for, PSN+ does not grant me access to things it does not provide.
Lovefilm (UK version netflix) - This offers individual steaming options where you only pay for exactly what you want if you so chose.
Taxes...you do not pay taxes for things you have no involvement with at all.  If you mean 'services' like fire department...they are on standby covering you 24/7 even if you never need them you are always using them.

So no, none of this compares to paying Activision money as part of XBL when I have nothing to do with Activision.  Or paying to use my own services once again.

Nearly all the major differences between XBL SIlver and Gold boils down to Gold just lets you use things you already paying for.  There is very little it actually adds.  If anything MS should offer a small one off fee to ugrade to access and nothing more.

Stop trying, he just doesn't get it.

KylieDog said:

Matchmaking servers on games - Nothing to do with XBL.  This is all on the devs, XBL fee does not go towards this.

Cable/sattellite etc - Several different tiers of packages where you only pay for what you want, do not like sports?  Do not pay for spots channels etc.
PSN Plus - This is an example of a different tier, PSN is free for to access all services which I already pay for, PSN+ does not grant me access to things it does not provide.
Lovefilm (UK version netflix) - This offers individual steaming options where you only pay for exactly what you want if you so chose.
Taxes...you do not pay taxes for things you have no involvement with at all.  If you mean 'services' like fire department...they are on standby covering you 24/7 even if you never need them you are always using them.

So no, none of this compares to paying Activision money as part of XBL when I have nothing to do with Activision.  Or paying to use my own services once again.

Nearly all the major differences between XBL SIlver and Gold boils down to Gold just lets you use things you already paying for.  There is very little it actually adds.  If anything MS should offer a small one off fee to ugrade to access and nothing more.

Wrong, matchmaking on games has everything to do with XBL.

Wrong, you still pay for crap you don't want. Unless you can pay for individual channels you want, your argument is flawed.

Wrong, my point about PSN Plus was subscription fees go to paying for items not everyone wants or some already own. This is no different than a peice of Live subscriptions going to Activision, regardless if you're a CoD fan.

"Gold just lets you use things you already paying for."  No, Gold allows you to use all online services. Some of which is exclusive to the 360 (i.e. playing exclusive games). If people simply want to use Live for services that are free elsewhere, then I high suggest they cancel and look elsewhere. Not piss and moan about the fee.

"If anything MS should offer a small one off fee to ugrade to access and nothing more." No, if anything you should stop being so damn concerned about the fee. Its not forced on you so move on.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

S.T.A.G.E. said:
KylieDog said:

Stop trying, he just doesn't get it.

I don't get how you guys see a successful service like Live and feel you know best on how it should be run.

Its not forced on anyone, it has strong competition, yet you people are angry simply because you want it all free and MS getting more money. You're also angry at those willing to pay regardless if they see value in the service. This is the kind of logic socialism and communism breeds. You know what's best.

Recently Completed