By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony expects to sell 32 million consoles and handhelds next FY - Is it possible?

Home consoles, possible. Potential slim/cuts + GTA/CoD combo should do a bit of good.

Handhelds, unlikely. They'd need to cut AND get a couple of big selling, mass market games released this Holiday. CoD/GT combo with a cut? Will also need big JP suport during the holidays, which currently looks dull.

Sony need a big E3 and Gamescom. They need to convince JP developers to treat Vita like the PSP of '10 and '11.

Around the Network

Well, at least it's a good sign for Vita that they're aiming high

Price cut now is guaranteed! Big games, also... unless they have insane hopes for the ones they have.

Hope they pull it off vita bundles for the holiday season should be the hottest item this year, If they market it right which I have my doubts about. I dont wanna see some cheesy only funny to hardcore gamers Kevin Butler commercial about the Vita. They will have a larger library of good games. 8gb memory card 2 games wifi model for $300 and I'm on board

dj2one said:
Hope they pull it off vita bundles for the holiday season should be the hottest item this year, If they market it right which I have my doubts about. I dont wanna see some cheesy only funny to hardcore gamers Kevin Butler commercial about the Vita. They will have a larger library of good games. 8gb memory card 2 games wifi model for $300 and I'm on board

It really does need a good combination of, a price cut, great marketing, big games and maybe a few holiday bundles to get close to those numbers.

Possible Vita subscription plan??
179$ Vita with 3G for 2 years?? I wonder...

PSAllStars possible port on Vita. MH4 announcement incoming?

Around the Network

PSP will sell 3m at best so 13 million for PS VIta? Not posible unless huge games are announced for it and with it price cut also.

I'm honestly surprised PS2 still sells so well, I have not seen one in a store for years now.

Panama said:

I'm honestly surprised PS2 still sells so well, I have not seen one in a store for years now.

You ought to look BETTER! Sony is active in more markets then Ninty and MS, its selling well in developping markets.

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:
Possible Vita subscription plan??
179$ Vita with 3G for 2 years?? I wonder...

PSAllStars possible port on Vita. MH4 announcement incoming?

Well, I would probably take a Vita with 3G for two years, if Sony paid me $179.

But seriously, the most likely scenario is Sony vastly overestimating the Vita.

When was the last time Sony overestimated their sales power so vastly? They're off at max by 1m. PSP is (contrary to your figure) at best 4m.

That leaves 11m vitas. Let's say they're 2m off, a record amount to adjust for them. How do they sell 10m? Like you said, I also don't think a price cut is all that is necessary. There's gotta be something else there we don't know about.

If they cut PSV's price during the next fiscal year then it's very possible.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.