By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony expects to sell 32 million consoles and handhelds next FY - Is it possible?

Honestly, I don't even see how they think this is possible. Who the fuck makes their shit up?
Using current rounded VGC numbers.

PS3
2010 - 14m
2011 - 14m

PS2
2010 - 6m
2011 - 4m

PSP
2010 - 9m
2011 - 7m

PSV
2011 - 2m

It makes no conceivable sense that they think they will get anything more than these following 2012FY numbers:

PS3
12m

PS2
3m

PSP
5m

PSV
10m (MAX with price cut, BIG holiday push, AND bunch of new games)

(I actually expect PSV to be more around 6m as I don't see a price cut this FY)

For a total of 30m

That's being very generous with PSV and normal end of life declines for other three platforms.

Around the Network

White PS Vita + Hatsuke Miku Special Edition Vita = Big Boost for Japan in the coming months.
Soul Sacrifice this Winter should also provide a boost if it comes out at the end of this year.

is good you have faith

Kynes said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect

Now everyone waits for a vita price cut, so it will kill it's sales at least until E3/TGS. It seems Sony doesn't learn.

I don't think many people are going to read SONY's sale forecasts.

Pavolink said:

PSP

FY2007 - 9.6
FY2008 - 13.8
FY2009 - 14.1
FY2010 - 9.9
FY2011 - 8.0
FY2012 - 6.8

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37732751&postcount=1

12m for Vita this year? They need games becuase at this rate won't make it.

some of the post on site..... seriously, I mean seriously.....

Around the Network

I think Vita forecast was said to be 10m? I think it's possible to ship 16m portables with a Vita pricecut and releasing that $99 no wifi PSP worldwide.

I think consoles will most likely happen without a ps3 pricecut. It can do 13m and the ps2 3m. Imo.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

brendude13 said:
Kynes said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect

Now everyone waits for a vita price cut, so it will kill it's sales at least until E3/TGS. It seems Sony doesn't learn.

I don't think many people are going to read SONY's sale forecasts.

But it's something known in forums, and Vita buyers are nowadays mostly people who read forums or vg sites.

around 70k vitas a week its 280k in a month x 12 = 3,3 millions, how can it sell 10 or 15 million LOL if dont get a price drop it dont will sell a shit, its 2 expensive for a handheld

specially when you have almost the same games on vita and ps3 and ps3 is cheaper, smart business strategy yes.

and with games like uncharted on psvita, 50$ for 8 hours of gameplay, ok.

Turkish said:
PS3+PSV bundle for 399

You heard it here first folks!

That's...a pretty neat idea. I like it.  

Totaldemon said:

around 70k vitas a week its 280k in a month x 12 = 3,3 millions, how can it sell 10 or 15 million LOL if dont get a price drop it dont will sell a shit, its 2 expensive for a handheld

specially when you have almost the same games on vita and ps3 and ps3 is cheaper, smart business strategy yes.

and with games like uncharted on psvita, 50$ for 8 hours of gameplay, ok.

After NPD numbers we know Vita is overtracked here in USA, so take some K of it's numbers. Even DS sold more last month. I just don't know how are they going to sell 10 millions.