By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony expects to sell 32 million consoles and handhelds next FY - Is it possible?

Kynes said:
Totaldemon said:

around 70k vitas a week its 280k in a month x 12 = 3,3 millions, how can it sell 10 or 15 million LOL if dont get a price drop it dont will sell a shit, its 2 expensive for a handheld

specially when you have almost the same games on vita and ps3 and ps3 is cheaper, smart business strategy yes.

and with games like uncharted on psvita, 50$ for 8 hours of gameplay, ok.

After NPD numbers we know Vita is overtracked here in USA, so take some K of it's numbers. Even DS sold more last month. I just don't know how are they going to sell 10 millions.

Wait. You're claiming DS sold more then Vita last month? Can you show me these NPD numbers? If you don't know how they're going to sell 10 million then this means major announcements coming soon regarding Vita and its games.

Around the Network
superchunk said:

Honestly, I don't even see how they think this is possible. Who the fuck makes their shit up?
Using current rounded VGC numbers.

PS3
2010 - 14m
2011 - 14m

PS2
2010 - 6m
2011 - 4m

PSP
2010 - 9m
2011 - 7m

PSV
2011 - 2m

It makes no conceivable sense that they think they will get anything more than these following 2012FY numbers:

PS3
12m

PS2
3m

PSP
5m

PSV
10m (MAX with price cut, BIG holiday push, AND bunch of new games)

(I actually expect PSV to be more around 6m as I don't see a price cut this FY)

For a total of 30m

That's being very generous with PSV and normal end of life declines for other three platforms.

Your estimates for next FY are wrong in my opinion. I dont see PS3 slowing down to 12m, at worst it'll be down to 13m. It has the smallest drop YoY of all consoles.

I have a harder time understanding why people like you only expect around 10m for PSV+PSV, is Sony that optimistic that they can miss their target by almost 50%? When they expect this much next FY you can bet that they have some major things up their sleeves.

Turkish said:
Kynes said:
Totaldemon said:

around 70k vitas a week its 280k in a month x 12 = 3,3 millions, how can it sell 10 or 15 million LOL if dont get a price drop it dont will sell a shit, its 2 expensive for a handheld

specially when you have almost the same games on vita and ps3 and ps3 is cheaper, smart business strategy yes.

and with games like uncharted on psvita, 50$ for 8 hours of gameplay, ok.

After NPD numbers we know Vita is overtracked here in USA, so take some K of it's numbers. Even DS sold more last month. I just don't know how are they going to sell 10 millions.

Wait. You're claiming DS sold more then Vita last month? Can you show me these NPD numbers? If you don't know how they're going to sell 10 million then this means major announcements coming soon regarding Vita and its games.

I'm not saying it, it's the GAF user who has access to NPD data:

smbu2000 said:

According to somebody at GAF:

Originally Posted by creamsugar
PSP < ? < Vita < Wii < ? < 3DS < 150k < PS3 < 200k < 360

I believe you guys could figure out what is '?' stand for.
Originally Posted by creamsugar
Sorry, DS seems better than Vita.
So...

PSP < 50k < Vita < DS < Wii < 100k < 3DS < 150k < PS3 < 200k < 360

superchunk said:

Honestly, I don't even see how they think this is possible. Who the fuck makes their shit up?
Using current rounded VGC numbers.

PS3
2010 - 14m
2011 - 14m

PS2
2010 - 6m
2011 - 4m

PSP
2010 - 9m
2011 - 7m

PSV
2011 - 2m

It makes no conceivable sense that they think they will get anything more than these following 2012FY numbers:

PS3
12m

PS2
3m

PSP
5m

PSV
10m (MAX with price cut, BIG holiday push, AND bunch of new games)

(I actually expect PSV to be more around 6m as I don't see a price cut this FY)

For a total of 30m

That's being very generous with PSV and normal end of life declines for other three platforms.

This seems well thought out, so I'll agree. Give or take 1 or 2 million units...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Kynes said:
brendude13 said:
Kynes said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect

Now everyone waits for a vita price cut, so it will kill it's sales at least until E3/TGS. It seems Sony doesn't learn.

I don't think many people are going to read SONY's sale forecasts.

But it's something known in forums, and Vita buyers are nowadays mostly people who read forums or vg sites.

Forums really aren't that common, and even then, the majority of forum users wouldn't have read about their forecasts because it isn't big news.

Around the Network
Turkish said:

Your estimates for next FY are wrong in my opinion. I dont see PS3 slowing down to 12m, at worst it'll be down to 13m. It has the smallest drop YoY of all consoles.

I have a harder time understanding why people like you only expect around 10m for PSV+PSV, is Sony that optimistic that they can miss their target by almost 50%? When they expect this much next FY you can bet that they have some major things up their sleeves.

no no no, our expert arm chair analyst here knows way more about Sony and thier plans than Sony do, it's best you don't question his well though out highly researched "analysis"  least you look like a fool later on