By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why Machina And Seece Left VGChartz

TruckOSaurus said:
brendude13 said:
Mr Khan said:
Mixed feelings on Seece leaving. He did run some good threads, but he was a bit of a jerk and definitely one of those stealth trolls that really undermine discourse on here.

A not-so-nice person who did good things, where does that leave him?

I was being polite in my last comment because I thought I was the only one. I agree.

I hate how he could get away with anything because he was best friends with the head mod as well. Their friendship is on of the reasons why I wasn't so bothered about Machina leaving, the head mod shouldn't be friends with one of the most frequent argument starters on the site.

Check his profile. Machina doesn't have any friends!

Oh snap!

Around the Network

It's because a majority of the threads now are BAD off topic threads, and a majority of those threads have well over dozens of pages. There's no interesting discussion about video games here anymore.

brendude13 said:
Mr Khan said:
Mixed feelings on Seece leaving. He did run some good threads, but he was a bit of a jerk and definitely one of those stealth trolls that really undermine discourse on here.

A not-so-nice person who did good things, where does that leave him?

I was being polite in my last comment because I thought I was the only one. I agree.

I hate how he could get away with anything because he was best friends with the head mod as well. Their friendship is on of the reasons why I wasn't so bothered about Machina leaving, the head mod shouldn't be friends with one of the most frequent argument starters on the site.

They were friends long before Machina was head mod, and I'm pretty sure before he was even a moderator (and when Seece was a great deal worse. He was positively mellow recently compared to then). You don't abandon your friends because you receive a promotion.

The idea that Seece got special mod protection because he was friends with Machina, on the other hand, is ridiculous. Machina isn't here to see what I'm saying, and knowing both of them, I still maintain that point of view. The reason it seems as though he got mod protection is that while much of what he said was (considered) inflammatory, none of it came close to breaking the rules. It's an art that one seems to pick up after four years on the site

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

KillerMan said:
I have never unterstood why some people leave sites completely. It's not like forums are your work that you have to do eight hours per day. You could still post from time to time. Maybe it's just me.

Seece posted so much here it WAS like a job.  I'm not an extremely active poster that starts threads with time consuming research like he did.  And while he was getting more and more cranky, I can understand when some posters are so unreasonable here.  You start to ask yourself "why do I bother????".  So maybe he just needed a clean break from something that was taking up so much time in his life but was not bringing him any joy.

I used to look forward to E3 time here, but now I dread it as the last couple of years have just been unbearable discussions that lasted months.  Then as sales become more competitive it just gets emotional and cruel.  When financials are released it just gets even worse.  So my name just isn't one that's seen much anymore either.  Still, shame about all of this, as his passion for truth actually was great.  He'll be missed.

thranx said:
KillerMan said:
I have never unterstood why some people leave sites completely. It's not like forums are your work that you have to do eight hours per day. You could still post from time to time. Maybe it's just me.

it confuses me also. If i dont feel like going to a forum i just don't go. Than if thing s change and i feel like going I do. I usually only frequent 1 forum at a time and right now its VGC. It used to be a comic forum before though.

Which comic forum?  I used to be on Newsrama until that forum basically died after the redesign.  Then I went to CBR and still contribute a little there, but it's mostly more unbearable than this forum at it's worst.  Comics fans are sadists!

Around the Network

So long Seece. He stealth trolled like no other. Rol needs to step his game up now.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

TruckOSaurus said:
theprof00 said:
Yeah I missed this big news too.
Kowen has apparently expressed dissatisfaction as well.
Soon, yo_john will be the only 360 fan.

Millenium is still here.

And I'm still here... although I am hiding amonst the shadows, but I am ever present.  Well MS/Ninty fan, but due to my recent system play time, I think it is pretty clear that I am more on the 360 side haha.

Pretty sure Rol and Seece have a bigger mod history than all other users in this thread combined.

Machina and Seece are dating...

Rainbow Yoshi said:
Machina and Seece are dating...

I also heard they've adopted triplets and that's the real reason they don't have time for VGChartz anymore!

Signature goes here!