By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Now that God of War has fallen into the MultiPlayer darkside, What other good singleplayer games are left?

Tagged games:

but...Uncharted 2 also had MP.

Around the Network
Aldro said:
Millenium said:
Aldro said:
Millenium said:

While I still have complete faith in the Campaign for GoW: A, I have to say while the footage did look good, I'm concerned because the game mode itself just didn't feel quite fleshed out.

Gee, nice analysis based on less than 2 minutes of showcasing >_>'

Gee, nice analysis that I can't have an opinion on how it looked. >_>'

What CGI said.

You feel the game mode isn't fleshed out based on like a minute of gameplay which isnt even consistant?

Sigh, he did spend some time detailing the game mode you know.

But feel free to be a defensive fanboy if you want, I'll stop having a opinion just for you.

User has been moderated for this post - Kantor

flagstaad said:
Ajescent said:

Should I be worried or is this not a sign of things to come?

I am sorry to tell you, the answer is YES, this is a sign of thing to come, let me tell you rthe reasons.

First, adding multiplayer means they can also add ONLINE PASS, thus fighting the sales of used games

Second, if the game has a multiplayer component the people will take longer to sell the game back to a store like Gamespot

Third, With multiplayer is very easy and cheap to create DLC that brings more revenue for the company

Fourth, With multiplayer your friends will add peer preassure so you buy your own copy instead of waiting for somebody else to finish the game and lend it to you

There may be more reasons, but as you can see from a bussiness perspective makes a lot of sense.

^

Depends. I prefer single player for most games, but if we are talking co-op, I think that can make some games better. Like RE5 mentioned before, though the addition of the AI character in single player sucked. If you play the game co-op it becomes one of the most awesome games this gen. I actually want more games that I can play through the story with local co-op, esp survival action games.

It can hurt some games by splitting resources to add multi player, but it didn't hurt Uncharted 3, or ME3 in my opinion. As for God of War, I can't say. I just started playing the first one. Not sure about team deathmatch, but I would not mind playing through the game in local co-op. Though the platforming parts would need a major revamp to make co-op work.

I guess you'll have to get used to the horrible fact that more and more games are offering the capability to be played socially :P

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
Millenium said:
Aldro said:
Millenium said:
Aldro said:
Millenium said:

While I still have complete faith in the Campaign for GoW: A, I have to say while the footage did look good, I'm concerned because the game mode itself just didn't feel quite fleshed out.

Gee, nice analysis based on less than 2 minutes of showcasing >_>'

Gee, nice analysis that I can't have an opinion on how it looked. >_>'

What CGI said.

You feel the game mode isn't fleshed out based on like a minute of gameplay which isnt even consistant?

Sigh, he did spend some time detailing the game mode you know.

But feel free to be a defensive fanboy if you want, I'll stop having a opinion just for you.

Just a friendly warning, but believe it or not they actually ban people here just for using that word. You should change it to just "But feel free to be defensive if you want".

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Boutros said:
You could give examples like Bioshock 2 or Resident Evil 5 though.

I've never played Bioshock so I wouldn't know as for RE5...whilst I agree it defeated the entire purpose of the game, the only time I played the online part of the game was with this random guy on PSN against the giant troll on level 3 on the hardest ldifficulty who kept kicking our ass over and over again. No matter what we tried, the troll would kick our asses and we kept saying one more try, one more try eventually when we beat it, it was a brilliant feeling, which I actually enjoyed...so it's hard for me to pick on RE5.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Regarding picking on Uc3: I played and completed the SP in the first week it was out and sold my copy (so I can buy the GOTY version when it comes out) so I don't know what's been added since then. But I feel from my experience playing through the game, it was severely lacking. I'm not talking about all the fancy edge of your seat stuff in the campaign, I'm talking about the extras outside of the actual single player campaign.
In Uc 1&2, you unlocked artwork, making of Videos Concept arts, costumes, "cheats" but in Uc3, there was none of that. No, 3D doesn't count primarily because I, like most people don't own a 3D tv so it didn't do me anything, apart from that, I can't think of anything else exclusive to the single player that wasn't there in the previous versions, save for more bugs.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

It would be awesome if the multiplayer had a co-op mode. I don't mind multiplayer so long as it's enjoyable. I didn't like the idea of multiplayer being in Assassin's Creed until I realized it was hide-and-seek with concealed weapons.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Ajescent said:
Regarding picking on Uc3: I played and completed the SP in the first week it was out and sold my copy (so I can buy the GOTY version when it comes out) so I don't know what's been added since then. But I feel from my experience playing through the game, it was severely lacking. I'm not talking about all the fancy edge of your seat stuff in the campaign, I'm talking about the extras outside of the actual single player campaign.
In Uc 1&2, you unlocked artwork, making of Videos Concept arts, costumes, "cheats" but in Uc3, there was none of that. No, 3D doesn't count primarily because I, like most people don't own a 3D tv so it didn't do me anything, apart from that, I can't think of anything else exclusive to the single player that wasn't there in the previous versions, save for more bugs.

Trust me when I say this..you are in for a treat with UC3 MP. I will make a thread about it in a day or two (have an exam tomorrow night) Let's team up to whoop some butt ;)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!