By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Now that God of War has fallen into the MultiPlayer darkside, What other good singleplayer games are left?

Tagged games:

Game is not yet out, but uncharted 2&3 had excellent MP another good example is Mass Effect 3. Muiltiplay can be good if done right and by right I mean balanced, not out of place and most importantly fun.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

Though I agree with your premise that multiplayer is not needed in god of war. I would say that uncharted was in fact improved with the multiplayer and coop a great deal especially in the third entry. It is the epitome of doing tps multiplayer right. Still most single player games like bioshock and deadspace that later added multiplayer I just skipped it. But I was also told the multiplayers were good by those that like it more than me.

In fact, as long as the campaigns do not lose length and quality I see no problem with it. Only adds to the potential longevity of the game. I demand a coop sex game in God of War.

Uncharted 2 had multiplayer too...

You could give examples like Bioshock 2 or Resident Evil 5 though.

Looks fucking sick and UC3 was my favourite SP AND MP of the whole generation.

So I whole-heartedly disagree.

Around the Network
Boutros said:

Good or bad? Coop resident evil 5 was one of my favorite coop games ever. Then after the campaign we played endless hours of mercinaries it rocked the party.

chocoloco said:
Boutros said:

Good or bad? Coop resident evil 5 was one of my favorite coop games ever. Then after the campaign we played endless hours of mercinaries it rocked the party.

I mean the singleplayer of Bioshock 2 and Resident Evil 5 was lacking. I too really loved the multiplayer component of RE5 though.

Uncharted 3 is the best single player in the franchise... not the best example.

Why add multiplayer will make the single player bad?

Boutros said:
chocoloco said:
Boutros said:

I mean the singleplayer of Bioshock 2 and Resident Evil 5 was lacking. I too really loved the multiplayer component of RE5 though.

Oh I see, I always thought playing RE5 singleplayer would be bad because the AI partner would be stupid. I also  am currently playing Bioshock and say the story is lacking compared to the original, and it remains easy due to the vita chambers. Basically, I partially agree with you on the single player being lowered in standards for both games.

CGI-Quality said:
Boutros said:
Uncharted 2 had multiplayer too...

Indeed, and it wasn't even as robust as Uncharted 3's (including far fewer features  and no 3D), and still sits on the throne with the highest GOTY awards in history. Still, I'm not pegging Ascension's multi as a "for sure" success, but saying the single-player will suffer is too soon to call.

<3