By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Do You Like (and Dislike) Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft The Most?

Tagged games:

Which Do You Like the Most?

Nintendo. 80 45.45%

Sony. 71 40.34%

Microsoft. 21 11.93%

Total:172

Nintendo

• The best IPs
  • The most reliable hardware
  • The most innovative
  • Shigeru Miyamoto
  • Region locked hardware
  • Lacks basic multimedia features (like DVD)

Sony:

• Free Online
  • Nice Balance between 1st and 3rd parties
  • Nice original games
  • Poor handhelds
  • Poor customer support
  • Poor community
  • Too much emphasis on multimadia rather than games
  • Five hundred and ninty-nine US dollars!!!

Microsoft:

• Most content from 3rd parties
  • Price balance
  • Controller
  • XBLA for indie games
  • Unreliable hardware
  • Lack of IPs
  • Gotta pay for Xbox Live
  • Gotta pay for Wi-Fi adaptor
  • Gotta pay for proprietary HDD
  • Gotta pay for Kinect adaptor
  • Gotta pay for everything

Around the Network

Nintendo

Dislikes: An R&D division run by middle schoolers. Attempting to innovate the industry in the wrong ways such as Power Glove, Virtual Boy and Wii motion gaming. Refusal to create any memorable new IPs post Gamecube. A sick attempt during the DS and Wii generation to allude their brand to that of Apple, with their gloss white designs of the DS lite and Wii along with appealing to the casual crowd and forgetting their core for many years.

Likes: NES, SNES are two of the greatest consoles of all time with the best libraries out there. Their handheld game libraries are even more memorable than every console out there in my personal opinion. A fanbase that believes that Nintendo invented everything from the wheel, to discovering fire and electricity, they're listed under 'like' because they make me laugh. Fire Emblem and Donkey Kong Country.

Sony

Dislikes: A level of arrogance during the 90s and early 00s that not even the farts of politicians could overpower. Unintentionally screwing over gamers all the time despite thinking they're helping such as removing B/C on the PS3 to lower it's high price point, or adding online passes to combat preowned game sales and piracy. Overpriced electronics though they're changing this at the moment. A fanbase that keeps thinking Sony are doing just fine even if they post a 10trillion dollar loss. A marketing team consisting of monkeys mashing away at typewriters.

Likes: An R&D department that most probably consists of individuals that graduated from college; a recent push this generation in relying heavily upon newly created first party IPs as opposed to third party support. Some of the best and most memorable game libraries out there on the PS1 and PS2, and an immensely strong first party library on the PS3 unseen on the PS1 and PS2. Known to really push the envelope when it comes to tech post PS2 period, but this has only been to their financial detriment but to the benefit of the industry by popularizing blurays. Kaz.

Microsoft

Dislikes: Paying for XBL a service which just acts as a middleman to games that mostly just have P2P matchmaking making it absolutely illogical as to why a pricetag even exists for the service especially when Steam exists. Having to use GFWL is as pleasant as undergoing a root canal. Forgetting that core gamers exist on the 360 after 2008 and relying too heavily on XBLA exclusives as opposed to retail exclusives. A fanbase that needs learn what humility is. Kinect being a major market strategy as opposed to being an ancillary peripheral. Ads on the 360 dashboard that suffocate anything gaming related.

Likes: Popularized online play on consoles. The first Xbox was an honest attempt at a console and had an excellent array of exclusives most of which are criminally underrated. Showed that there's room for indie support outside of the PC platform. Strongest offering of downloadable titles. Fable is that abusive significant other that you keep crawling back to no matter how many times it breaks your heart.

Adinnieken said:
Chark said:

M: Likes

- Developer friendly, plenty of 3rd party support

Dislikes

- unfriendly to developers

This seems well thought out.

Oops, lol. Let me correct that. Should be easy to develop for in the like section. MS still has some practices I find unfriendly for developers.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

I dislike everything.

Anyone that's ever read my posts knows that.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

-

Around the Network

- I dislike N because of announcing a Mario-game every 6 month...
- I dislike S because everytime they are saying how powerfull their consoles/handhelds are........ they aren't!
- I dislike M because of their money....

amp316 said:
I dislike everything.

Anyone that's ever read my posts knows that.

But we love you!

chocoloco said:
brendude13 said:

The first one was listed as a like.

The second one is purely opinion and was to show that there were downsides to the Westernisation of gaming, I like all games, regardless of the genre and in what country it was made, but I feel that most popular Western games lack creativity.

As for SONY copying Microsoft too much, I guess it could be considered a good thing, but because the Xbox 360 and PS3 are so similar and the fact that the Xbox 360 is cheaper, many people choose to buy the Xbox 360. I listed it as a negative point because SONY were playing catch up, if they tried to differentiate the PS3 from the Xbox 360 and thought of some of Microsoft's innovations first, they would be doing a lot better right now.

Well it looks like I agree with you more.       Looks like I gave you an opportunity to share more of your opinion.

Yeah I have truthfully always found that the library was extremely close on both systems and that the 360 has always done so well especially early on by being cheaper. So I can hardly blame many people buying it when the PS3 performs almost exactly the same.

That's good to know, I agree with what you said too.

I would have explained every point a bit deeper but it would have taken ages.

Blacksaber said:
N: They tried to kill SEGA
S: They succeed in killing SEGA
M: They aren't SEGA

lol. I love it. 

TC_Squared said:
Blacksaber said:
N: They tried to kill SEGA
S: They succeed in killing SEGA
M: They aren't SEGA

lol. I love it. 

We Sega Fanboys will never forget....ever.

Former something....