By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 70 percent of PS3 owners passing on Vita, citing price and lack of games

I will buy one but I am waiting for the Holiday bundles that I know will come including a game and memory card.

Around the Network

PS VITA just needs a few more games. I'm waiting for the first sale I see and I'll probably get it.

They are right. Price is keeping my hands off of the vita atm. That and the memory cards. Price cut and slim model along with more games and I'll dig it.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Honestly, I think Sony made the big mistake of thinking that the Japanese people and Japanese developers would just throw themselves at the Vita off the success of the PSP. It just didn't happen. As a result the JRPG situation on the Vita looks dire in the short, and possibly, long term also. Trying to get Japanese developers to create JRPGs for a handheld which such a small userbase when they could make one for the PSP which has a giant userbase is going to be a hard feat.

I'm buying a Sony handheld this week and it's going to be the PSP because it's a third of the price and it's where all the games are that meet my personal tastes. Just got Trials in the Sky for PSP this week, can't wait to play it =)

The Vita is great tech, but it really has some game problems.

I agree really. I wont own one until Persona 4: The Golden is released in America.  (Id say 90% of games I play on handhelds are RPGS)

Was the same with the PSP.  I did not buy one until the Slim, because of the redesign + games.

Around the Network

Well, I'm part of that 70 percent. Taking into account the system, a memory stick, and a couple games, I would be spending over $400, and the system just isn't worth that price for me.

Makes sense. I mean, I know personally that there aren't many games I am excited about for it (Disgaea 3, Persona 4, and a couple others have me excited, but they are all remakes/re-releases), but the one original title that looks great, Gravity Rush, isn't enough to push me over the edge and drop that much money on it. So yeah, more games and a price cut would help greatly (obviously), but can Sony afford it? I'm not so sure they can. E3 could help though.

Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain

But that is vaguely encouraging. Lack of games and price are pretty much the factors holding back every console after launch. Give it time, and it will sell... I hope

Games will come, there is no doubt about that, but they might not keep coming after the first few years which is the real concern... That is when we should start worrying

well I'm apart of that 30%

I think it's the lack of games than the price point as everyone practically went apeshit when the PSV was announced at a $250 price point... the only game that I think has remotely move PSV hardware is Uncharted: Golden Abyss, other games are your basic shovel-ware and rehashes. and it doesn't seem like the PSV has any hard hitting titles as of yet then possibly call of duty and hopefully that will change with coming gaming events such as E3/Gamescom/TGS