By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 70 percent of PS3 owners passing on Vita, citing price and lack of games

Signalstar said:
I am the 30% !

Ya well we 70% people don't like you! :P

Around the Network

The mention of the PSP-Go in the article has me thinking ...

Between the PSP-Go, Xperia Play, and (to a lesser extent) PSP and PS3, Sony hasn't really been on a winning streak; and many of Sony's most loyal fans have been "burned" for adopting early. While this obviously isn't as bad as Sega's position after the Sega CD, 32x and Saturn, it has probably made Sony's fans far more gun-shy about adopting a new platform; especially in the wake of Nintendo being forced to reduce the price of the 3DS.

As I've said before Sony needs to do something (probably significant price reduction/bundling) at E3 to get the PS-Vita on track or they could be in trouble in the not too distant future.

Acevil said:
Turkish said:
I'm a proud PSV early adopter :D

You can't expect 65 million of PS3 users to be early adopters can you...

Do you understand what this survey tried to accomplish, this isn't about 65 million, this is about loyal hardcore fans of sony, and if 70% of your loyal demographic aren't on board, you have no chance of getting that 65 million audience to get on board. (Anytime soon based on current trends)

Change this to readers of PS Universe, I'm a hardcore Sony fan but never visited that site.

don't worry 63% of PS3 owners will buy a Vita in the first 18-months, and 60% of PSP owners as well! They told Sony they would...

http://www.shacknews.com/article/70839/63-of-ps3-owners-will-buy-vita-sony-survey-says

Anyhoo these types of survays are always bullshit TBH

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Turkish said:
Acevil said:
Turkish said:
I'm a proud PSV early adopter :D

You can't expect 65 million of PS3 users to be early adopters can you...

Do you understand what this survey tried to accomplish, this isn't about 65 million, this is about loyal hardcore fans of sony, and if 70% of your loyal demographic aren't on board, you have no chance of getting that 65 million audience to get on board. (Anytime soon based on current trends)

Change this to readers of PS Universe, I'm a hardcore Sony fan but never visited that site.

That is enough of sample size of loyal hardcore fans. Just because you don't visit the site doesn't mean that the findings aren't the basis of discussion or worries of project. 

Around the Network
zarx said:

don't worry 63% of PS3 owners will buy a Vita in the first 18-months, and 60% of PSP owners as well! They told Sony they would...

http://www.shacknews.com/article/70839/63-of-ps3-owners-will-buy-vita-sony-survey-says

Anyhoo these types of survays are always bullshit TBH

Well depends what is the set goals of the survey, since with that one I can totally see servey bias getting the way. It didn't try to gather data that is strong, it seemed to gather data to be positive. 

Honestly pretty sure Sony has the best research on the product, and know exactly what is wrong, but they won't release that data to the public. 

Scratch that statement, thought PSU was a magazine. Then again I'm surprised 100% own a PS3 there, that means that no trolls post there. I could be wrong.

Its not just the Vita price, but all the bells and whistles it needs to go with it that hikes the price up to an insane level.

For example, you can get yourself a 3DS along with a fine game like OOT or MK7 or Super Mario World for anything between £130-£150 (I got my 3DS with OOT for £110, but that was on an auction). Compare that to the Vita Wifi only, the console along with a memory card (which you must have) and a game like UC:Golden Abyss will cost you anything between £270-£300, pretty much double that of the 3DS. The PS3 still itself costs less than £200 now, so not many people would shell out that cash for a handheld.

Difference between p2p vita and the ipad?
People actually want the ipad.