By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 70 percent of PS3 owners passing on Vita, citing price and lack of games

It's not terribly surprising. Until the Vita is adequately able to compete with the 3DS in its current state, it will continue to lag behind. If you try to evaluate the system's worth in a complete vacuum, then it's more than worth the price. Vita, however, does not exist in a vacuum. Whether it intends to or not, it's in competition with every other handheld device capable of playing video games, and unfortunately, it currently doesn't do enough warrant its price tag. I still maintain that the Vita doesn't need a price cut--in fact, I don't believe it will help the situation at all if implemented now--it needs great games. A price cut should only be used to accelerate demand, not to create interest in the device.

Around the Network
greenmedic88 said:
Solid-Stark said:

Here's another spin. Did someone actually expect all ps3 owners to buy a Vita a few months after launch?

If you want to make the points that:

a) the PSV is a dead platform: SCE should exit the portable market effective yesterday because I don't like Sony.

b) the PSV needs to cost $169 now because I want one cheap and Nintendo did the same thing with their $250 portable last year.

c) I like to make unrealistic predictions under false pretense so that when those projections fail to meet my personal unrealistic expectations, I can claim what a monumental failure has been made. 

Then yes. 

Indeed

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

http://www.shacknews.com/article/70839/63-of-ps3-owners-will-buy-vita-sony-survey-says

Here is a before launch survey, 63% of PS3 owners will buy a Vita. (within first year I think) Funny how internet rumors and misconception alters the market. People are sure fickle.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Chark said:
I don't know why people keep using the example of the PSPgo. It was a PSP, not it's own system

Because it makes their arguements stronger. Why worry about facts when you can get a "good" arguement?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I disagree with handheld gaming being on the way out. I personally have no interest in gaming on a phone,were it's a secondary feature/afterthought. Same with the tablet's. I'd rather have a dedicated handheld gaming system. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Around the Network

The thing about any of those too pricey arguements are made completely obsolete by apple. I personally would pay more for a vita than an ipad or iphone because i don't like apple, but what it shows is that millions of people that say they cant afford really can. its sonys marketing teams fault because vita is physically worth more than apples shitty products.

The games seem decent. It's price and lack of general interest in handheld gaming for me.

yum123 said:
The thing about any of those too pricey arguements are made completely obsolete by apple. I personally would pay more for a vita than an ipad or iphone because i don't like apple, but what it shows is that millions of people that say they cant afford really can. its sonys marketing teams fault because vita is physically worth more than apples shitty products.

there is a difference between being able to afford something and being able to justify the cost. I can afford to buy Binar Domain on Steam but I can't justify paying $50US for the game, so for me the price is to damn high.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

I don't have a Vita yet. Probably won't until the price goes down quite a bit

I couldn't justify a purchase of the PSP until 2009, and even then it was only because Circuit City was liquidating their inventory and I got it for $117.00. I don't plan on getting a VITA until it can connect/stream to my TV and it has some worthwhile games.

I am the Playstation Avenger.