By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Thread - OP Updated

Snovalo said:
I'm sorry, I hate this. I really do. Blatantly copying so blatantly and full of blatant, my favorite game series of all time, I can not be happy about this.

And I just know that it won't live up to the standards the Smash series has set, sadly. You're going to make me cry Sony, ruining my favorite and best designed and structured type of game.

Ugh, and I know, I just know, I feel it in my bones, that fanboys of Sony will troll me :(

Why the fuck does Sony always copy Nintendo. So blatant blatantly blatantly, too? Originality wouldn't hurt you mother fuckers!!

I am going through the 9 or whatever amount of stages, of grief :(

Dude is just a game

Around the Network

i don't care for this game, i am only here for the meltdowns

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

miz1q2w3e said:
maverick40 said:
miz1q2w3e said:
maverick40 said:
It looks like smash brothers except 10 times better!

At least you have the decency to admit it, I've seen idiots already try to deny it haha

I saw the vids, gotta say the footage shown didn't look too impressive. I was kinda interested/curious before, but now I don't think so...

I take it don't like smash brothers then. I hate smash brothers with a passion but I will admit this looks better than it. That doesn't mean I will buy it though. 

I, on the other hand, was interested in buying it. I do like smash brothers and was interested in a similar game since it'll be a while till we get another SBB game, but this did not look like the same level of quality, not even close. I was expecting something more when I'd heard it was going to be a SSB-like game, guess I set the bar too high for this new studio.

I might still end up getting it, depending on what else they show, but for now it looks rather meh imo

What do you mean by the same level of quality?? As I said, from the video it looks like they took the smash brothers formula and made it better! it will have better graphics, better animations and probably more expansive levels. The character roster might not be as big as smash brothers, but you can bet your ass Sony will have some solid 3rd party characters like Solid snake, Ezio and maybe even a big daddy!  

It seems like you are just nitpicking to hate on the game to be honest. 

I have never been less excited for a Sony Exclusive as I disliked Smash Bros since it released many years ago. Though I do say it has a better aesthetic appeal and seems to have a larger variety of characters. Tagging this baby for the lulz.

looks like i need 2 more controllers, this should be fun. also... loving the meltdowns.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Btw if Sony wanted to blatantly copy Nintendo they couldve made a SSB ripoff long time ago on the PS1 but they didn't, this is purely fan servive becoz fans have been asking for this kinda game for a long time.

All in all I think Sony is the only company listening to what fans are asking for:

When we asked for ICO Collection, they made it, when we asked for Sly 4, they started working on it, when we asked for X game chat, they were honest to tell us it was not possible on the PS3 and implemented it on the PSV.

Oh please  , anyone with a brain can see that this was obviously inspired by Super Smash Brothers. There's nothing wrong with that but don't try to deny it.

Also, lol at some people getting upset over this.

Rafux said:
Snovalo said:
I'm sorry, I hate this. I really do. Blatantly copying so blatantly and full of blatant, my favorite game series of all time, I can not be happy about this.

And I just know that it won't live up to the standards the Smash series has set, sadly. You're going to make me cry Sony, ruining my favorite and best designed and structured type of game.

Ugh, and I know, I just know, I feel it in my bones, that fanboys of Sony will troll me :(

Why the fuck does Sony always copy Nintendo. So blatant blatantly blatantly, too? Originality wouldn't hurt you mother fuckers!!

I am going through the 9 or whatever amount of stages, of grief :(

Dude is just a game

My god I love how some people overreact, like its a life and death sittuation :)) let them be, tough I still dont get why the SS could get any mud on it because SOny makes a clone :-??

OT: this could have been a Vita system seller... then it would have been interesting

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I don't understand what people were expecting from this?? Honestly tell me what yous thought this game was gonna look like... Street fighter with PS characters??? Yuck.

I knew it was gonna be a SSB clone witch i was happy about because i like SSB. A SSB with PS characters?? YES PLZ!, DAY 1 BUY, TAKE MY MONEY!

Chevinator123 said:

I don't understand what people were expecting from this?? Honestly tell me what yous thought this game was gonna look like... Street fighter with PS characters??? Yuck.

I knew it was gonna be a SSB clone witch i was happy about because i like SSB. A SSB with PS characters?? YES PLZ!, DAY 1 BUY, TAKE MY MONEY!

It is just the nintendo fans having a meltdown as usual.

maverick40 said:
Chevinator123 said:

It is just the nintendo fans having a meltdown as usual.

A couple of people  =  Nintendo fans? Okay.