By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Thread - OP Updated

This game needs to come to Vita. Make it happen Sony!

Around the Network
Play4Fun said:
Turkish said:
Play4Fun said:
Turkish said:
Btw if Sony wanted to blatantly copy Nintendo they couldve made a SSB ripoff long time ago on the PS1 but they didn't, this is purely fan servive becoz fans have been asking for this kinda game for a long time.

All in all I think Sony is the only company listening to what fans are asking for:

When we asked for ICO Collection, they made it, when we asked for Sly 4, they started working on it, when we asked for X game chat, they were honest to tell us it was not possible on the PS3 and implemented it on the PSV.

Oh please  , anyone with a brain can see that this was obviously inspired by Super Smash Brothers. There's nothing wrong with that but don't try to deny it.

Also, lol at some people getting upset over this.

You ought to read my comment again, I don't deny this being a copy of SSB. I just said they could come up with a lot sooner, they're just giving fanservice. But anybody with a few braincells would know Nintendo doesn't have a trademark on 4 player brawler games.

Oh?  Somebody said Nintendo have a trademark on 4 player brawler games? Point them out.

No, some people sure act like Nintendo has a trademark on 4 player brawlers LOL

Play4Fun said:
Ronster316 said:
Fear not 360 fans....... no need to feel left out........ for we have THIS..!!!!! (skip to the 9 minute mark for a 12 player battle)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq1LIOatsXw

Truth is....... these type of games wear thin pretty fast (yes, even Super Smash Bros)

Smash Bros  is still going strong.

I'm sure it is.......... it's a multi-million selling game, it's bound to still have a hardcore following.

Did people REALLY think this would be that much different from SMB? It was obvious, since the leaks started that it would be heavily inspired by it! How people getting are caught off guard by this is beyond me. Also to that one guy going on about blatant copying or some bullshit, take a chill pill bro. Nobody is ruining your game. A lot of sony fans, like myself, have always wanted something like this. Again, no denying this was inspired by SMB but it looks like it will have its own take on the genre. Besides, this was long overdue. Sony has a shit tons of iconic mascots, it was just a matter of time really.

That being said, this looks like a great game! I have always found SMB series to be pretty entertaining, but I wasn't a huge fan of the characters cause I didn't know shit about Nintendo characters other than like mario, zelda and metroid. Every other character was eh. Now with all my favorite Sony franchises clashing together, I could not ask for a better game. Overall, it looks very promising, I can't wait for more character reveals and I hope the online is top notch! Sony fans rejoice!

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

After getting some 3 hour sleep - god why did I stayed up! - I realized something!

I was all in for this game (the occasional Vita version, of course), as Sony has a nice roster of characters to pull something like that.

But reading the previews, I think the way the matches are going to be decided are a big design flaw! No kills, but time and points! One of the major positive aspects of SSB is the satisfaction of the kill - your opponent flying through the air or exploding in a fountain of light after he tries a triple jump but still can't reach the ledge!

Going for points... not a good decision! Not at all. This system is preliminary and might grow on me, but just thinking about it sounds wrong.

Around the Network

This will be awesome.
If they add Dante,Snake and Jehuty.

Take my love, take my land..

Tagged...

Holy shit another game Sony Santa Monica are working on?! They do so much it's unreal, without them Sony Playstation would be nothing...

This game releases during the xmas holidays this year, I bet it'll include a timed exclusive gameplay demo for God of War: Ascension, in which case I'd buy Sony All-Stars Battle Royale day one for that demo alone, and also because the game itself looks great so I'd buy it anyway regardless of whether they include a demo for GOW:A or not.

A big ass pool of characters?Probably check
60 Frames per Second?Awesome check
A good Online Mode > SUPER AWESOME CHECK

The biggest thing that annoys me with the SMB Series is the bad Online service from Nintendo
It will probably be a lot easier with the Sony Smash Game.

And there is always the possibility of DLC Characters.Sony needs to talk with SquareEnix and stuff to get Cloud and so on cause they are more or less Sony Exclusives too.

Stupid SONY!!! Only COPY PASTE

-mod edit-

This post has been moderated -twesterm