By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Thread - OP Updated

theprof00 said:
logic56 said:

no no no you don't get it, it's not that I don't think it's fun, it's that it the same damn game, like literally, everything, even the graphics. I stayed up, till 1 in the morning to see a damn wii game WTF IZ THIS SHIT MAN!! C'MON this is not Nintendo ok, this is  Sony. I expected more than a smash bros clone, no strike that, a pathetic smash bros clone.... it even looks like a wii game, A Wii GAME lol 6 years into this generation and you announced a wii game on the PS3, they fail by default

uhhhgghh the more I watch this the more repulsed I am.... what a waste

*goes to play SSBB*

The absolute worst smash brothers game. Ok, now I see why you're disappointed :D

Watch what you say about Brawl!

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
So whats the consensus?

Are most people here "I am against copying" or "Sony is bigger then Jesus it doesnt matter if they copy I will only be upset if Nintendo or MS copies?"

that kind of game is all about fan service, it doesnt matter if it looks or plays the same. even if microsoft did the same thing it would be ok cause its the same game but for different fanbases. so where's the wrong in that?

I said it before but no one cared :(

What you guys think of the "no-death" point system? I'm wait and see, but so far it sounds not so good!

JustThatGamer said:

Holy shit another game Sony Santa Monica are working on?! They do so much it's unreal, without them Sony Playstation would be nothing...

This game releases during the xmas holidays this year, I bet it'll include a timed exclusive gameplay demo for God of War: Ascension, in which case I'd buy Sony All-Stars Battle Royale day one for that demo alone, and also because the game itself looks great so I'd buy it anyway regardless of whether they include a demo for GOW:A or not.

Santa Monica = dev of the year

Journey
GoW4 2013
PS allstars
Twisted Metal
Sorcery
Datura
Sound Shapes

jesus christ

it's disgrace how Nintendo fans blatantly copy their own arguments!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
rutea7 said:
sales2099 said:
So whats the consensus?

Are most people here "I am against copying" or "Sony is bigger then Jesus it doesnt matter if they copy I will only be upset if Nintendo or MS copies?"

that kind of game is all about fan service, it doesnt matter if it looks or plays the same. even if microsoft did the same thing it would be ok cause its the same game but for different fanbases. so where's the wrong in that?

You didnt answer my question. Ill put you down for Sony >>> Jesus. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

VicViper said:

What you guys think of the "no-death" point system? I'm wait and see, but so far it sounds not so good!

Do you have a source for that? I didn't see a "no-death point system".

VicViper said:

So what you get a powerup and score a "point" if it lands a hit? Most points wins? No knock outs?

lol this game is gonna get boring fast

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

... just saw the gameplay. I mean we know they had copies of super smash bros in their office but come on that is kinda ridiculous.

Not to mention the first characters shown and it's already as embarrassing as I feared it would be. Radec from Killzone? ..... yes he's almost as well known as pikachu I believe. Fat Princess? It was a good game but again a totally forgettable character from only a few years ago.

It just looks like such an embarrassing cheap knock off. It's the type of thing you would expect to see posted on youtube as ''Chinese knock-off of SSB found!'' alongside videos of the Vii and other knock off consoles.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that if someone like Gameloft made this then EVERYONE would be disgusted. But because it's Sony suddenly some people think it's fine. 

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

^ From Eurogamer

None of this really strays from the Smash Bros. formula, but the scoring method has notable differences. Attacking foes fills an AP bar at the bottom of the screen, which grants three levels of a super attack once filled. You can attack an opponent all day, but the only way you'll actually score a point is if you KO them with a super attack. Level one attacks are usually limited, such as Parappa's spin kick. Once you get to level three, however, you're almost guaranteed a couple of points with screen-clearing attacks. Parappa breaks into a rap performance that annihilates nearby opponents, while Sweet Tooth transforms into his robot form for an insane damage boost.