By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Thread - OP Updated

Play4Fun said:
maverick40 said:
Chevinator123 said:

I don't understand what people were expecting from this?? Honestly tell me what yous thought this game was gonna look like... Street fighter with PS characters??? Yuck.

I knew it was gonna be a SSB clone witch i was happy about because i like SSB. A SSB with PS characters?? YES PLZ!, DAY 1 BUY, TAKE MY MONEY!

It is just the nintendo fans having a meltdown as usual.

A couple of people  =  Nintendo fans? Okay.

Because I said ALL of the nintendo fans on vgchartz right?...okay. 

Around the Network
maverick40 said:
Play4Fun said:
maverick40 said:
Chevinator123 said:

I don't understand what people were expecting from this?? Honestly tell me what yous thought this game was gonna look like... Street fighter with PS characters??? Yuck.

I knew it was gonna be a SSB clone witch i was happy about because i like SSB. A SSB with PS characters?? YES PLZ!, DAY 1 BUY, TAKE MY MONEY!

Play4Fun said:
maverick40 said:
Play4Fun said:
maverick40 said:
Chevinator123 said:

Play4Fun said:
Turkish said:
Btw if Sony wanted to blatantly copy Nintendo they couldve made a SSB ripoff long time ago on the PS1 but they didn't, this is purely fan servive becoz fans have been asking for this kinda game for a long time.

All in all I think Sony is the only company listening to what fans are asking for:

When we asked for ICO Collection, they made it, when we asked for Sly 4, they started working on it, when we asked for X game chat, they were honest to tell us it was not possible on the PS3 and implemented it on the PSV.

Oh please  , anyone with a brain can see that this was obviously inspired by Super Smash Brothers. There's nothing wrong with that but don't try to deny it.

Also, lol at some people getting upset over this.

I agree it's obvious where the inspiration came from. However I think the point Turkish was trying to make was that if sony just wanted a pure moneygrab ripoff they  would have made one sometime in between  melee's sucessful debut and when brawl came out. This game is Sony pandering to fans who  have been for years asking for a smash bros style game with sony franchise characters.

Chevinator123 said:
Play4Fun said:
maverick40 said:
Play4Fun said:
maverick40 said:
Chevinator123 said:

That's right, repent and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Edit: Wait, you're not maverick.

GTFO of our argument!

Around the Network

Fear not 360 fans....... no need to feel left out........ for we have THIS..!!!!! (skip to the 9 minute mark for a 12 player battle)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq1LIOatsXw

Truth is....... these type of games wear thin pretty fast (yes, even Super Smash Bros)

Play4Fun said:
Turkish said:
Btw if Sony wanted to blatantly copy Nintendo they couldve made a SSB ripoff long time ago on the PS1 but they didn't, this is purely fan servive becoz fans have been asking for this kinda game for a long time.

All in all I think Sony is the only company listening to what fans are asking for:

When we asked for ICO Collection, they made it, when we asked for Sly 4, they started working on it, when we asked for X game chat, they were honest to tell us it was not possible on the PS3 and implemented it on the PSV.

Oh please  , anyone with a brain can see that this was obviously inspired by Super Smash Brothers. There's nothing wrong with that but don't try to deny it.

You ought to read my comment again, I don't deny this being a copy of SSB. I just said they could come up with a lot sooner, they're just giving fanservice. But anybody with a few braincells would know Nintendo doesn't have a trademark on 4 player brawler games.

Ronster316 said:
Fear not 360 fans....... no need to feel left out........ for we have THIS..!!!!! (skip to the 9 minute mark for a 12 player battle)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq1LIOatsXw

Truth is....... these type of games wear thin pretty fast (yes, even Super Smash Bros)

Smash Bros  is still going strong.

Turkish said:
Play4Fun said:
Turkish said:

You ought to read my comment again, I don't deny this being a copy of SSB. I just said they could come up with a lot sooner, they're just giving fanservice. But anybody with a few braincells would know Nintendo doesn't have a trademark on 4 player brawler games.

Oh?  Somebody said Nintendo have a trademark on 4 player brawler games? Point them out.

Still annoys me that everyone mentions Power Stone & Smash Bros...... but the above game is criminally overlooked despite pre-dating Power Stone & Smash Bros by quite a few years.