By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most disappointing game you've ever owned?

You just made me realize I've never owned disappointing games. Funny.

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
which is why Wink Waker will last throughout the agies, due to its toony celshaded graphics.

Yep; it looked hideous in 2002 an it will look hideous in 2022. ;)

Dragonball Z Sagas by far... I never been that disappointed in a game ever and I played Final Fantasy X, X-2, and XIII...

Outside of that and the newer Final Fantasy games? Tekken 3D Prime Edition, man other than the graphics it's such a lack luster and lazy port.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Oh, Pokemon Diamond is another one - it just didn't live up to the hype I gave it

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

fordy said:
Chark said:

I was thinking all day about how I should have added in a comparison to motion controls. The only thing I would add is 2D to 3D is much more important than analog to motion. Anyway, some early 3D were atrocious, but I still love the PS1 Final Fantasy games and other 3D and 2D mixed RPGs/games. Someone shoud make a few more of those instead of the mostly 2D or 3D only titles out now. FF7's battle was so much better than thier 2D older brother, but I loved the use of 2D backgrounds using a 3D charcter to allow you to travel in mapped depth. Way better than what 2D only could pull off at the time. Remember Wild Arms 3D battle graphics? Now talk about bad, they should have stuck with 2D for that one for sure. Thankfully that was still a great game.

I dont know what games with camera controls you are referring to. Most have free controls now adays. Also why do I keep seeing people use psx for ps1. PSX was a japanese only DVR version of the PS2.

See, this is where we differ. Fans of FF6 see FF7's battle system as too slow or sluggish, especially when the long, drawn out summon techniques are used. FF6s introduction of the ATB system made it that you had to keep on your toes, or else the enemy would get the upper hand. I can't remeber a summon or  magic spell in FF6 that lasts more then 5 seconds (Kefka might have had one in the final battle. Thats about it). While Neo Bahamut of Knights of the Round look appealing to see, it's almost like it's drawing you out of that state of panic that should be induced in a tough fight, in order to relax and watch a cutscene or restrategise.

PSX was the Playstation's original call mark. I believe it came from when their system was in beta and just passed along in IRC channels and such medium back then. However, when the PSX DVR was released, people started dropping the original beta usage in favour of PS1.

Actually, it was FF4 that introduced the Active Battle System, they even filled a patent regarding that same system on 1991. FF6 introduced the "desperation" attacks that were the FF7's equivalent of Limit Breaks.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
fordy said:
Chark said:

I was thinking all day about how I should have added in a comparison to motion controls. The only thing I would add is 2D to 3D is much more important than analog to motion. Anyway, some early 3D were atrocious, but I still love the PS1 Final Fantasy games and other 3D and 2D mixed RPGs/games. Someone shoud make a few more of those instead of the mostly 2D or 3D only titles out now. FF7's battle was so much better than thier 2D older brother, but I loved the use of 2D backgrounds using a 3D charcter to allow you to travel in mapped depth. Way better than what 2D only could pull off at the time. Remember Wild Arms 3D battle graphics? Now talk about bad, they should have stuck with 2D for that one for sure. Thankfully that was still a great game.

I dont know what games with camera controls you are referring to. Most have free controls now adays. Also why do I keep seeing people use psx for ps1. PSX was a japanese only DVR version of the PS2.

See, this is where we differ. Fans of FF6 see FF7's battle system as too slow or sluggish, especially when the long, drawn out summon techniques are used. FF6s introduction of the ATB system made it that you had to keep on your toes, or else the enemy would get the upper hand. I can't remeber a summon or  magic spell in FF6 that lasts more then 5 seconds (Kefka might have had one in the final battle. Thats about it). While Neo Bahamut of Knights of the Round look appealing to see, it's almost like it's drawing you out of that state of panic that should be induced in a tough fight, in order to relax and watch a cutscene or restrategise.

PSX was the Playstation's original call mark. I believe it came from when their system was in beta and just passed along in IRC channels and such medium back then. However, when the PSX DVR was released, people started dropping the original beta usage in favour of PS1.

Actually, it was FF4 that introduced the Active Battle System, they even filled a patent regarding that same system on 1991. FF6 introduced the "desperation" attacks that were the FF7's equivalent of Limit Breaks.

I should have used the word "refinement" instead. FF6 has a faster paced ATB, in which times between character moves were significantly shortened (which is why you can generally see a second character in the team attack before the first has gone back to original position). Nevertheless, the original point still stands. FF4 is in the same boat as FF6; both didn't really have spealls/summons over a few seconds long (I'd say FF4s longest move would probably be Big Bang, but I might be forgetting one). 

Bubsy 3D on the ps1, I still haven't forgiven the guy who recommended I buy it...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

fordy said:
lestatdark said:
fordy said:
Chark said:

I should have used the word "refinement" instead. FF6 has a faster paced ATB, in which times between character moves were significantly shortened (which is why you can generally see a second character in the team attack before the first has gone back to original position). Nevertheless, the original point still stands. FF4 is in the same boat as FF6; both didn't really have spealls/summons over a few seconds long (I'd say FF4s longest move would probably be Big Bang, but I might be forgetting one). 

Oh I agree that FF6 did refine the ATB system, especially since FF4&FF5 had some glitches when it came to the priorities between magic and physical attacks which FF6 corrected. And I also agree that most of the long drawn out moves in the 3D FFs are almost exhasperating due to their duration but mostly those in FF7 since later FFs added a shorten summon duration function. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

curl-6 said:
Runa216 said:
which is why Wink Waker will last throughout the agies, due to its toony celshaded graphics.

Yep; it looked hideous in 2002 an it will look hideous in 2022. ;)

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Twisted Metal PS3
i was so excited and it turned out to be so broken :(