By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most disappointing game you've ever owned?

Overhype can sometimes lead to disappointment, even in a game that would otherwise be great. Have any of you had an experience of being disappointed with a game that you've bought because you were expecting it to be something more?

I think Scribblenauts for the DS is probably the closest I've come ot this - it was hyped as "game of the forever" on some sites, with people claiming that there was nothing that you couldn't do. It was still a good game, but not like it was hyped to be

How about you guys?

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

Uh It'd be a tie between: Condemned 2, Uncharted 1 & 2 and Killzone 2.

Uncharted is just purely overrated in my opinion, it's about as boring as it can get...

Killzone 2 was hyped up to be great, in the end I got a bland and boring game, and the voice acting and characters really made it unbearable.

Condemned 2 is probably the worst offender though, after the great first installment I bought this with enthuisiasm only to be granted a game that is so dull and ugly I turned it off within 20 minutes, it truly is terrible.

Fable: The Lost Chapters

I heard so many good things about this game. Then I bought it and wanted to break it.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (Gamecube) (most disappointing, even when in fact the game is not so bad)

3DS friendcode: 2836 - 0151 - 1371

Super Paper Mario *spits* ~is the most disappointed I've ever been with a game.

Around the Network

For me, Modnation Racers. I wanted to like the game; I really did. I just couldn't get into it. I'll also mention Killzone 2, which, while enjoyable, was nowhere near as it was hyped up to be, in my opinion. I preferred Resistance 2 for the epic co-op.

Duke Nukem Forever most likely

Yoshi's Story on N64; not because it was hyped up by the press/media, but because the last game to star Yoshi (the incredible Yoshi's Island on SNES) set my personal expectations high. Huge disappointment, IMO.

everyone knows i hate Halo, but COD takes 4 of the top 5 spots with MW3 being number 2. if you look at my review list, you'll notice it likely has the lowest score for a game on this site. and that's a 0.1!!!

the game in question? Kane and Linch dead me. or is it dog days. doesn't matter, both games suck. i've yet to post my review for the first one, which will likely get the same score.

Killzone 3. After Killzone 2 being such a great game Killzone 3 just felt codified.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!