By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most disappointing game you've ever owned?

miz1q2w3e said:
Super Paper Mario *spits* ~is the most disappointed I've ever been with a game.

Oh totally this!

Around the Network

I'd have to give it to three games. Crysis 2, Red Dead Redemption and Deus Ex: Human Revolution. None of them were bad, I just got bored of them about halfway through and found I was forcing myself to play them.

Crysis 2 was quite good up until the point where I was dealing with the swarms of aliens. The only way I could find to deal with them effectively was to use the Shotgun, and I hate games where the Shotgun is the most effective weapon. Online was a massive frustration and did not have the draw games like Halo and Battlefield do.

Red Dead was again good, but the vast, empty expanse that could only be explored on a horse just not for me. The concept of GTA in the Wild West just did not work for me. I just did not find the game as fun and enjoyable as I was hoping.

Deus Ex for me was over complicated and the 'do you kill, do you not kill' situations did not work well. In Splinter Cell, when you get detected you have the muscle to escape but in Deus Ex that was not the case. Some non-boss battles where it felt as though killing was the only way forward had me stuck hiding in a vent for a considerable amount of time.

Everyone sees this coming, but Final Fantasy XIII

After VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, and XII all being ranked in my all-time top ten with VI being my favorite of all time, after years of me defending every final fantasy from its wave of haters (8-12 all had people who hated them and I defended every one), I was sure Final Fantasy could do no wrong. Hell, I even went back and played 1 and 4, loved them both.

but then Final Fantasy XIII came out and seemed to forget that it had the words 'Final' and 'Fantasy' in its name. gone was the openness that made final fantasy special; gone were the sidequests that kept you playing; gone were the good plots and memorable characters, all replaced with restrictive linearity, a stripped down weapon and level system, a boring and broken battle system that gave you very little control over your allies and punished you for mistakes you didn't know you made; and above all else a complete lack of side content, and minigames.

its sequel corrected a few of those issues by giving us nonlinearity and side quests, making it considerably better, but still had a lame battle system, poorly developed characters, a poorly told story, and a campaign so short you could beat it in a weekend. Not to mention the ending was horribly bad.

Horribly disappointed, but you all knew that.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Skyrim on PS3.

It's a mistery because I loved Oblivion.Just never seemed to get going with Skyrim,plus lag and disastrous load times killed it for me.Quests were boring and repetitive,combat mechanics nothing short of atrocious and story so-so.If I knew that what I know now I would have never bought this game.

Sonic the hedgehog 3. just couldnt get into it,in fact i didnt even link the cartridge to sonic and knuckles such was my disdain of having to play through it again.

Around the Network

grand theft auto 4, it was enjoyable to an extent but it doesn't hold a candle to its predecessor san andreas imo and i'm hoping that i find grand theft auto 5 more fun

1. Mass effect 2
2. Batman arkham asylum
3.Chrono Trigger

In know particular order, I Couldn't bring myself to finish any of these games purely because they just didn't feel to ME like they had a real spark that gets me excited.

Lol @ millenium
ill buy all your disappointing games here on out

Id say scribblenauts and modren warfare 3

Alao perfect dark for n64.
I was expecting goldeneye 2, and instead got an almost impossibly ugly game.