By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most disappointing game you've ever owned?

Black and white 2, I really loved the first one and started reading all the development diarys on the 2nd one about how "you can squeeze a fireball spell on the floor and create a trench, which can then be filled with water to protect your city" and a ton of other things that were never implemented.

I did still enjoy the game, but it was no where near as good as I thought it would be.

Around the Network

Soul Fighter for the Sega Dreamcast.

It looked like a love letter to the classic Golden Axe. It turned out to be a stiff and boring beat 'em up with NO co-op. The graphics were terrible and the camera never worked right. The enemies where stupid and repetitive. Worst my parents gave it to me for Christmas so I felt terrible that they paid for something that I'd never want to use. I had to tell them I was having fun and pretend that it was a good gift. I still regret that I listed it on the gift idea list I made to make their gift purchasing easier. Not because I didn't like the game, but because it led to me having to lie and say I liked it.

Anyway, Soul Fighter for the Dreamcast is terrible. I can usually tell if I'll like a game long before it even comes out. But for some reason I didn't see that one coming. I wasn't even hyped about it. I just thought it looked like Golden Axe so it would be fun, but the damn thing doesn't even let you play with a second player.

I still have it because I never get rid of gifts, but I don't think I'll ever play it again. Unless I want to laugh at it.

Dinowarz:the destruction of spondylus for the nes.

its pilot controlled robot dinosaurs fgs! and the cover screamed awesome...well it did to me at like 14 years old er so.

IT SUCKED!!!

Kingdom Hearts 2. That game compared to the original is like comparing night and day.

Love and tolerate.

There were alot of disappointing games for me this gen, easily more than any other gen.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Scribblenauts
Halo Reach
Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Zelda: Skyward Sword
Battlefield 3
Donkey Kong Country Returns

Some all time disappointments are Yoshi's Story, Donkey Kong 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Zach and Wiki (bought into the IGN hype on this one big time), and the Wii itself.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

first game i have ever regretted buying day 1.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

If we remember that disappointing does not mean bad.
Kid Icarus Uprising
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Rampage World Tour on N64(played it in the arcade as a child and loved it)
Super Mario 64
Star Fox Command

Resident Evil 5. The reason I bought a 360 was just to play that game. Although it was an ok game it really didn't justify me buying a console solely for it. Luckily for me I've managed to get some great games for it since.

Also Skyward Sword. Really didn't get on with it. Played it for a coupe of hours then gave up on it. Such a shame considering I was so hyped for it.

This gen: Little Big Planet, Ratchet & Clank: Tools of destruction, Uncharted, Resident Evil 5, PES2007, Metroid Prime Hunters, Madworld, Sonic 4, Assasin's Creed, Spliter Cell: Convinction.

Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness. I was saving for so many weeks (was a poor teen back then) to get that turd.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.