By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most disappointing game you've ever owned?

Mass Effect 2 is a prime example of a disappointment. Don't think I've ever played a more dispicable game.

I equate my experience with Mass Effect 2 to getting a professional massage. I go to pay for a professoinal massage one week and left quite relaxed and satisfied (giving the masseuse a hearty tip, of course). I then go back the next week and as I lie down the masseuse starts applying pressure, only I'm feeling a tremendous amount of pain this time, so I spin around quickly to see what exactly she was doing and I realized she was using knives this time. Definitely a disappointment.

Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain

Around the Network

Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy XIII, Fable, Fallout New Vegas, Resident Evil 4

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Soul Calibur 4. Guys, I can't even explain to you how much time I invested in Soul Blade for the PS1. You have no idea how much time I spent exploring every character in Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast. I went crazy doing everything that could be done in Soul Calibur II on the Gamecube. I spent so much time creating and exploring Soul Calibur III on the PS2 that it bordered on obsession.

I don't think I've logged in twenty matches in Soul Calibur IV. It felt old as soon as I tried it. To this day, I'm undefeated online because I only played two matches and I won them both. I think I only finished campaign mode once, too. Sad thing is that I even bought the Vader DLC and I haven't even seen it, yet. No desire to, either.

I'm tempted to buy SCV but I've managed to talk myself out of it. I mean, why should I? On a side note, I've just realized that this is the only series I've bought so many entries of and I have never bought two on the same console (Unless you count the XBLA re-release of SC that I bought). I think I'll DL the PSP version for my Vita!

Attoyou said:

first game i have ever regretted buying day 1.

Yep, came in to say just that. I'm normally very careful when I buy games (especially full price), but this was just a slap in the face. Dull to broken gameplay mechanics and a barely competent cast of characters, a lot of hype for nothing. 

From this gen, Mass Effect 2 also falls into this category. Nowhere near as inspired as the first story-wise, and gameplay-wise a poor man's third person shooter. Avoided ME3 entirely. 

Oh, how could I forget?  This is the first game I ever bought with my own money!  I saved for ages on my pitiful allowance os $5 a week because I was promised this:

But what I got was this:

I honestly cried after I beat the game.  I remember the credits.  The name Julian Jameson popped up like ten times.  I wanted to kill him.  I was probably 10 years old and I had a death list!

Around the Network

Children of Manure, I was expecting and average game but ended up with a pile of garbage.

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

Sal.Paradise said:
Attoyou said:

first game i have ever regretted buying day 1.

Yep, came in to say just that. I'm normally very careful when I buy games (especially full price), but this was just a slap in the face. Dull to broken gameplay mechanics and a barely competent cast of characters, a lot of hype for nothing. 

From this gen, Mass Effect 2 also falls into this category. Nowhere near as inspired as the first story-wise, and gameplay-wise a poor man's third person shooter. Avoided ME3 entirely. 

I agree with you guys on LA Noire.  Got the game the day it came out.  Still haven't finished it.  Still haven't used the DLC card that came with it.  I was hoping for the next Heavy Rain.  I was bored to tears with this one.  My kid liked it, though......until she got to the naked dead woman (she was actually ahead of me in the game!).  She was banned from playing it, then.

Naughty Bear - what a load of shit. Medal of Honor reboot too.

Other than that I don't think any game really pissed me off that much, except for MW3, but I still play that with friends ;_;

Also KZ2 and Resistance 2 have been pretty disappointing.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan said:
Naughty Bear - what a load of shit. Medal of Honor reboot too.

Other than that I don't think any game really pissed me off that much, except for MW3, but I still play that with friends ;_;

Also KZ2 and Resistance 2 have been pretty disappointing.

You were expecting quality from Naughty Bear?

inFamous series: The series isn't necessarily bad, in fact, it's pretty good, but I was expecting a lot more with this series. They're well made games and I can see why a person can like them, but I just don't find them very fun. They usually start off fun, but the middle starts to drag off and become boring. The second one improved a bit, but still didn't really satisfy me.

LittleBigPlanet series: Both of these games received universal critical acclaim. I was expecting to be blown away with the first game, but found myself bored with shallow amateur levels. The second game promised to be a massive improvement, and it was in some ways. But I still found myself bored with the user-created levels. Maybe I just didn't look hard enough for the good levels. I dunno. I just wasn't entertained very long with these games.

Assassin's Creed Series: Another series which has received enormous praise. I'll never understand what people love about the series. The fighting is terrible. The game helps you way too much with the platforming (hold X and press forward). There's no challenge in the games. And it gets repetitive. All the missions seem to blend together. It does have a few fun moments, but overall, the series is boring.