By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most disappointing game you've ever owned?

Oblivion and Dragon Age

Oblivion was by far the most boring rpg I have ever played. Silent Character, bland main story, bad game design choices like the leveling system... after more than 30 hours of pure boredom it seemed to me that the whole game only consisted of sidequests. There was not one single part of the game that I liked. Since it got so much praise I expected a great game... therefore it was my biggest dissappointment.

Dragon Age... I started the game with the Elves because my wife is a big fan of fantasy stories with elves... after 30 minutes my wife felt asleep because the whole story was told in such a boring way.

Around the Network

Resident Evil 5!!

either GT5 or fifa street 3

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

LA Noire, Dragon Age. Those are the two I can think of.

(warning, mild venting ahead. If you loved either of these games look away)

LA Noire sounded so great...cutting edge technology, 40's detective work, wide open L.A. to explore...what could go wrong? (oh, right...everything) By the time I was running away from a bulldozer in a ditch and shooting at the bulldozer to slow it down...I realized I was in the middle of a freefall and it would only continue to go downhill from there. (and from what I've heard I was right) What I most regret is that I didn't take it back to sell it right then and there, and instead held onto for a few weeks while the price dropped.

As I got a PS3 in 2010, I had heard many good things about Dragon Age...turns out it's a bland, clunky, repetitive mess with massive amounts of useless, boring dialogue, empty 'choices', and forgettable characters. I love a good story in a game, too bad that was nowhere to be found here.

I've played worse games, but these are the ones that hurt the most. I fell for the hype for all of these games, thinking they would be great experiences.......

1) Oblivion - Sloppy, ugly, and boring

2) Modern Warfare 2 - short, cheap, nonsensical, and a total letdown

3) L.A. Noire - Repetitive and the plot falls apart towards the end with a horribly predictable ending.

4) Infamous - So much promise, but it ended up just giving me a headache. Everything about it annoyed me.

5) Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Douchiest, most pretentious game I've ever played. Horribly cramped hub worlds. Ridiculous level designs (cardboard boxes VERYWHERE and grown man sized air ducts). And I predicted everything that was going to happen after the first mission.

6) Mass Effect 3 - Glitchy. ABC endings that felt completely disconnected from any of the choices I made throughout the series.

7) Dragon Age 2 - Rushed product that shouldn't have seen the light of day.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. I'd heard so much hype about Elder Scrolls games, and it's in a genre of which I'm a big fan (medieval fantasy RPG). I played it for several hours but it disappointed me right from the start and never got any better. I watched my son play a lot of Skyrim and didn't once get an urge to play it. But he bought Skyrim so I can't nominate that in addition.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Grand Theft Auto IV, still a good game.

think-man said:
1. Mass effect 2
2. Batman arkham asylum
3.Chrono Trigger

In know particular order, I Couldn't bring myself to finish any of these games purely because they just didn't feel to ME like they had a real spark that gets me excited.

For reals? Wow, 2 of those are in my top 10 all time and Batman was amazing. To each their own.

After looking through this thread I saw a few more big games that I was pretty disappointed by.

1. Resistance 2 - This was the first game that came to mind. I bought it due to good reviews, specifically X-Play giving it a 5/5. I thought the first Resistance was a pretty avg shooter but I really liked the variety of guns and enjoyed playing the campaign with my cousin. Somehow this game was worse than the 1st one. No co-op single player anymore, co-op missions were poorly constructed and extremely repetitive, awful graphics, and no real improvements from the 1st game (which wasn't exactly perfect due to the poor AI and awful comic book storytelling).   

2. Dragonage 2 - I hate to say it because how big of a Bioware fan I am, but this game was super repetitive and the story sucked. I am more of a Sci-Fi fan than a traditional fantasy fan and I would have to say Dragon Age: Origins kind of changed that a little bit for me (LOTR and GOT helped too). Bioware got super lazy with this game. I got sick of playing the same dungeon over and over, Hawke was a lame character, and it never lived up to the quests and epic final fight of the 1st game. I was happy to see that the inventory was easier to manage (I probably spent 30-45% of my time in my inventory in the 1st game much like ME1), I liked the vastly improved combat, and I thought the characters and voice acting were better as well. None of the positives made up for the negatives though. Worst Bioware game I've played. 

3. God of War - It's funny because I loved GOW2 & GOW3, but it took me like 5 years to beat this game. I didn't think it was as good as DMC or Ninja Gaiden which came out at the same time and were games that were similar to GOW. I really wanted to like this game too, but in no way was it a 9-9.5 out 10 game IMO. It wasn't really bad like Resistance 2 and DA2, but it was just really overrated.

Well, the game i am about to mention got a lot of hype back in the day before it's release......... it was supposed to rival the "big boys" of that era like Street Fighter II & Mortal Kombat, however......... it turned out to be one of the most boring and repetitive pile of turd games that i EVER had the misfortune of playing.......

That game is....... Rise of The Robots. (i had the Sega Megadrive version)

Heres some wiki info on the game *spits* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rise_of_the_Robots

Morning_Star said:

3. God of War - It's funny because I loved GOW2 & GOW3, but it took me like 5 years to beat this game. I didn't think it was as good as DMC or Ninja Gaiden which came out at the same time and were games that were similar to GOW. I really wanted to like this game too, but in no way was it a 9-9.5 out 10 game IMO. It wasn't really bad like Resistance 2 and DA2, but it was just really overrated.

I feel you on God of War.  I got the first one on PS2 when it first came out and I was so disappointed that I skipped God of War 2 entirely.  It wasn't until I got God of War 3 for cheap at a pawn shop that I tried God of War 2.  I figured I'd buy the HD collection and finish GoW2 before I jumped into part 3 just so I didn't get lost in the story.  I was surprised how strongly the series ended.  People were pissed when Jaffe left the series after the first game, but to me, that first game is the worst in the entire series.  Even the portable games are more fun.