By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vita 2012 Predicted Sales Chartz 4.08 mil

Good thread and logic =)

Out of curiosity - what is the widest amount a console has missed it's projections? as you say 10 million is looking a stretch and unless TGS/Gamescon comes up with a megaton which will effect this year you have to wonder if the projection will be altered or commented on.

Maybe too much faith put into Assasin Creed and COD?

Around the Network

Interesting thread...tagged.

5 million 1st year for the vita won't be too shabby. I still think it'll do 5.4m by the end of 2012, but we'll see.

Having the graph tools back at least should help you compile the data, now you can get any adjusted figures from a single page instead of searching back through the weekly charts.

~5 million seems inevitable now - it remains to see if that's high enough to maintain support going into 2013

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Conegamer said:
I'd say 5mil sounds about right, but I think we'll see a few weeks under 40k pretty soon :/

well if my chart is on the right track there won't be an under 40k. We will see though, August is a slow month, but at least there will be Gamescom for some announcements....and game heaven exists is some reality.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network
radishhead said:
~5 million seems inevitable now - it remains to see if that's high enough to maintain support going into 2013

Hahaha, very funny. I'm pretty sure 5 million first year of an expected 8 year lifecycle is fine. What's Sony going to do, try not to make money? 

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Well, it's dropped down 5k this week from last, and the 3DSXL comes out which will drain a few sales, as well as Mario, so...

The lowest week will be 35k in mid-August IMO.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

8 yr lifecycle?
lol no way man

Even with an 8 year life cycle, selling only 5mil in the first year means you'd be lucky to sell more than 50mil LT. And it'll only last 5 years, 6 max.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Even with an 8 year life cycle, selling only 5mil in the first year means you'd be lucky to sell more than 50mil LT. And it'll only last 5 years, 6 max.

you speak with such confidence.