By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vita 2012 Predicted Sales Chartz 4.08 mil

im freaking out right now...
last time ichecked this thread the Vita was on the way to the 5m mark...
Now with an 20k increase on Japans sales is close to 7m!!!
Which maths are you using?

Around the Network
Significant_leap said:
im freaking out right now...
last time ichecked this thread the Vita was on the way to the 5m mark...
Now with an 20k increase on Japans sales is close to 7m!!!
Which maths are you using?

I explain everything in the OP. I'm using the average weekly hardware changes from 2011. The amount from the most recent week is the week the percentages are applied to. So at 81k now next week changes up 4%, the week after 6%, the week after that -6% and so forth.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Updated to June 23rd with adjustments

5,041,251 Vitas sold by end of 2012!

Vita Weekly Predicted Sales 12/22/2011 - 12/31/2012

Vita Lifetime Predicted Sales 12/22/2011 - 12/31/2012

Well, back to reality. 5 million. Hopefully in a month or two Japan will be purchasing Vita more regularly but the same will have to be said of USA and EU. I don't see 5 million being realistic. At some point things will pick up but even then it might stick around 6 or 7 million, which is a little disappointing since this system is something worth having. Maybe Vita owners should start letting their friends borrow it for a few days.

i would be surprised if the Vita surpasses the 4 million mark by the end of the year.

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:
i would be surprised if the Vita surpasses the 4 million mark by the end of the year.

And that's based off of what? You see my chart here right? I have data based on 2010 and 2009 percentages and they all point around the same final number. The current sales are pretty much a low point so it would be highly more likely that the numbers will be above this charts prediction.

Chark said:
AndrewWK said:

And that's based off of what? You see my chart here right? I have data based on 2010 and 2009 percentages and they all point around the same final number. The current sales are pretty much a low point so it would be highly more likely that the numbers will be above this charts prediction

Wild guess. I am pesimistic about this device.

Updated to June 30th with adjustments

5,544,326 Vitas sold by end of 2012!

Vita Weekly Predicted Sales 12/22/2011 - 12/31/2012

Vita Lifetime Predicted Sales 12/22/2011 - 12/31/2012

Almost had this up this morning but I would have been late for work. Looks like Japan is fluctuating, up to 24,727 from 13,442. Hopefully these spikes result in higher and steadier sales in that region.

Quality work and quality thread, keep up the good work.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.