By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - For all the PC gamers out there......

Turkish said:
But PC has no trophies so even if games costed 1 buck I wouldnt buy it for the simple fact that there are no trophies.

They do on Steam, but it doesn't mean very much like it does on consoles.

Around the Network
pezus said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Turkish said:
But PC has no trophies so even if games costed 1 buck I wouldnt buy it for the simple fact that there are no trophies.

They do on Steam, but it doesn't mean very much like it does on consoles.

I'm curious about this. What do they mean on console.

Well it's more a of focus point, on PSN it's the first thing you see along with psn id and message on someones profile card and there are more ways to divide them and compare. Same on XBL and I think you can buy stuff with the points. 

pezus said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
pezus said:

Well it's more a of focus point, on PSN it's the first thing you see along with psn id and message on someones profile card and there are more ways to divide them and compare. Same on XBL and I think you can buy stuff with the points. 

Yes, of course. That's all well and good. You can compare each game too on Steam. But the trophy level and total number of trophies mean jack shit to me as a gamer. I play games for fun and for the story, not for some random accomplishments that ultimately mean nothing because the biggest trophy whores buy shitty games to jack up their score anyway.

Some people enjoy trophy hunting, and playing shitty games for trophies. Some people find it fun, and isn't that what Gaming is all about, having fun? 

pezus said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

Some people enjoy trophy hunting, and playing shitty games for trophies. Some people find it fun, and isn't that what Gaming is all about, having fun? 

Sure bob. I still will never understand it.

As I will never understand watching Golf, but some people enjoy it so meh, good for them right?

Damn, people really care for trophies and e-peen ??? Roflzor, I thought I was a nolife otaku to brag on with friends back in the days by playing FZero to death to make the best time ever !!!

Now you just getting trophies by progressing to the game, most of the time I play a game I have no clue why lame achievments are popping while just killing bosses. What a useless feature of this generation. Especially when it's tied to an account that might be cancelled in a few years when sony and crosoft will shut down the servers (cf atlus' news demon's souls server shutting down...).

Around the Network
Killy_Vorkosigan said:
Damn, people really care for trophies and e-peen ??? Roflzor, I thought I was a nolife otaku to brag on with friends back in the days by playing FZero to death to make the best time ever !!!

Now you just getting trophies by progressing to the game, most of the time I play a game I have no clue why lame achievments are popping while just killing bosses. What a useless feature of this generation. Especially when it's tied to an account that might be cancelled in a few years when sony and crosoft will shut down the servers (cf atlus' news demon's souls server shutting down...).

You sound like someone who didn't achieve very much regarding trophies. Demon's Souls is a game from 2009, the servers will be closed like many other servers have been closed. But Sony's PSN servers? Never, not as long as PlayStation exists. Even if it does, your account is still there and you can view your trophies by going to sites like psnprofiles.com

pezus said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
axumblade said:
You just made me pull up Steam to see what 15 games for $60...

It means you can get 15 games with a $60 budget as compared to consoles, you can only get one. 

Not true. You see used games exist and also dl games on consoles and IPads (and Android) at affordable prices. $60 could get you quite a bit for a long time now. Steam has made it accessible to PC. Be happy and don't gloat. 

P.S.

Its probably an incentive to keep PC gamers buying games.

Uh, it's obviously to get more people to buy the game. Same thing is done with console games

Console brands would never be so desperate. Its easier to get someone to buy a console game in this day and age. Steam gives unreal prices for games, its awesome. Half the reason for that is to keep people buying. More than affordable pricing should give you enough reason to game. Cheaper alternatives to consoles, plus superior versions of games? By rights with all that they should be demanding more.

Andrespetmonkey said:
pezus said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
pezus said:

Yes, of course. That's all well and good. You can compare each game too on Steam. But the trophy level and total number of trophies mean jack shit to me as a gamer. I play games for fun and for the story, not for some random accomplishments that ultimately mean nothing because the biggest trophy whores buy shitty games to jack up their score anyway.

Most of my PC friends only care about multiplayer titles (literally a handful of games). Single player games are kind of no consequence and to be conquered (including multiplats). Trophies are meaningless to the majority of them as well. At least on consoles we can enjoy the little things. Leave it at that.

zero129 said:
Turkish said:
Slimebeast said:
zero129 said:
Slimebeast said:
Turkish said:

Exactly. Im hooked on Trophies. I used to prefer multiplatforms for PC due to the better graphics but after I started hunting for Trophies I prefer the PS3 versions of all games. PC games have similar systems to trophies/achievements (Steam achievements I think) but not a universal system like Trophies on PS3 and no one on PC cares about PC/Steam achievements anyway.

I dont even care about trophies/achievements on consoles O_o.

Well you should start to care.

If someone on my friends list or a player I met in an online game has level 5 in the overall Trphy score I have no respect for him.

People around level 10 get a medium amount of respect.

People who are level 15 and higher get insane amounts of respect. It means he is a true hardcore gamer and deserves respect.

Sup bro, whats your PSN? I'll add you. I'm 1% shy of Level 18 myself :')

That godly sound when a trophy pops up...

I don't really play online on my PS3 (It doesn't have any exclusive online games i like that much, And all 3rd party games with online i pretty much buy for my 360). But if you have xbox live ill add you??.

Thanks for embedding bro, np add me TurkishEmperor2, but my xbox broke down a year ago while playing Metro. I might not get another xbox and just go with the nextbox :)

zero129 said:
pezus said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Most of my PC friends only care about multiplayer titles (literally a handful of games). Single player games are kind of no consequence and to be conquered (including multiplats). Trophies are meaningless to the majority of them as well. At least on consoles we can enjoy the little things. Leave it at that.

Always generalizing...sigh

Really i don't know why people can get banned for saying such stuff against one of the Big 3 companys, yet when it comes to PC players they can say whatever they want about us and not get a warning or a ban. Whats up with that??.

Because he hasn't actually said anything remotely offensive?

I say this as a PC gamer.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective