By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - For all the PC gamers out there......

Slimebeast said:
zero129 said:
Slimebeast said:
Turkish said:
But PC has no trophies so even if games costed 1 buck I wouldnt buy it for the simple fact that there are no trophies.

Exactly. Im hooked on Trophies. I used to prefer multiplatforms for PC due to the better graphics but after I started hunting for Trophies I prefer the PS3 versions of all games. PC games have similar systems to trophies/achievements (Steam achievements I think) but not a universal system like Trophies on PS3 and no one on PC cares about PC/Steam achievements anyway.

I dont even care about trophies/achievements on consoles O_o.

Well you should start to care.

If someone on my friends list or a player I met in an online game has level 5 in the overall Trphy score I have no respect for him.

People around level 10 get a medium amount of respect.

People who are level 15 and higher get insane amounts of respect. It means he is a true hardcore gamer and deserves respect.

So you would have no respect for me ? :(
On the other hand I have almost 100k Gamerscore. That must mean something right ? ;)

Around the Network
Jereel Hunter said:
Slimebeast said:

If someone on my friends list or a player I met in an online game has level 5 in the overall Trphy score I have no respect for him.

People who are level 15 and higher get insane amounts of respect. It means he is a true hardcore gamer and deserves respect.

But if they are a TRUE online gamer, wouldn't they be going for achievements instead of trophies?

Absolutely. PS3 Trophy hunting is still kindergarten compared to elite Gamerscore competition. Whenever I log on Xbox Live and compare my score with others I feel like a casual.

Barozi said:
Slimebeast said:
zero129 said:
Slimebeast said:
Turkish said:
But PC has no trophies so even if games costed 1 buck I wouldnt buy it for the simple fact that there are no trophies.

Exactly. Im hooked on Trophies. I used to prefer multiplatforms for PC due to the better graphics but after I started hunting for Trophies I prefer the PS3 versions of all games. PC games have similar systems to trophies/achievements (Steam achievements I think) but not a universal system like Trophies on PS3 and no one on PC cares about PC/Steam achievements anyway.

On the other hand I have almost 100k Gamerscore. That must mean something right ? ;)

Wow, I think you earn my respect for the week! 100K, I wonder how much in PS3 Trophy level that corresponds to?

zero129 said:
Slimebeast said:
zero129 said:
ebeast said:

Nope i still don't care, instead of my score of going after things that means nothing to the game, i would be muchmore happy letting my skill do the talking ;) . Plus i like when people underestimate me :D.

Yeah, they don't mean anything inside the game, nothing for the true game experience and the funny thing is that no one in the whole world even cares what Trophies I have earned, that I am very proud of my level 10.

But still, I can't help that I'm a bit addicted to Trophies.

I have yet to pay more than $20 for a PC game... Now the question should be, Windows Live or Steam?? Even PC gaming has competition!

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
Barozi said:

Wow, I think you earn my respect for the week! 100K, I wonder how much in PS3 Trophy level that corresponds to?

Can't say for sure, but should be at least level 20 according to this: http://ps3trophies.comyr.com/
I have 13 completed retail games and 5000 achievements overall. Now I don't know the distribution of my other achievements, but even 5000 bronze trohpies and 13 platinum ones lift me to level 19.

Looking at the VGC trophy league, 5000 achievements (trophies) should be level 25.

zero129 said:
bertlsenix said:
pezus said:
Turkish said:

PC has achievements for a lot of games. Even then, I've never understood why some people think like this. Buying games only for the trophies? Ugh

"Gamers" that started this Gen
Everyone else doesn't care for Trophies or Achievements cause our Trophies and Achievements were stuff that we unlocked while playing the game.
Oh you finished the game > New characters

Today > You finished the game,here you have a meaningless trophie and please buy the DLC for the missing stuff in the game.

High 5 to you my friend. I wonder what games did Turkish play before the PS3 got trophies, did he used to play on the Xbox 360?, after all Sony did copy MS's idea. And even before the 360 and the PS3 launched i wonder if he used to play on the Ps2 etc?? how did he ever survive without his trophies.

Yeah before the PS3 I used to play 360, I have a gamerscore of around 25000. Anyhow, I started gaming on the SNES era, back then I used to finish all my games 100%

Slimebeast said:
zero129 said:
Slimebeast said:
Turkish said:

Sup bro, whats your PSN? I'll add you. I'm 1% shy of Level 18 myself :')

That godly sound when a trophy pops up...

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9rzpZStxk20?version=3&amp;hl=nl_NL&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9rzpZStxk20?version=3&amp;hl=nl_NL&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

pezus said:
Turkish said:

PC has achievements for a lot of games. Even then, I've never understood why some people think like this. Buying games only for the trophies? Ugh

You shut your trap. Why else would people buy Hannah Montana: The movie: The game? Do you not want to give Hannah your money? You disgust me, you disgust us all.

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
axumblade said:
You just made me pull up Steam to see what 15 games for $60...

It means you can get 15 games with a $60 budget as compared to consoles, you can only get one. 

Not true. You see used games exist and also dl games on consoles and IPads (and Android) at affordable prices. $60 could get you quite a bit for a long time now. Steam has made it accessible to PC. Be happy and don't gloat. 

P.S.

Its probably an incentive to keep PC gamers buying games.