By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - For all the PC gamers out there......

Turkish said:
But PC has no trophies so even if games costed 1 buck I wouldnt buy it for the simple fact that there are no trophies.

There are steam achievements!

Around the Network
Turkish said:
But PC has no trophies so even if games costed 1 buck I wouldnt buy it for the simple fact that there are no trophies.

Really just because of the trophies? That´s kinda sad.

No wait that´s really sad.

AndrewWK said:
Turkish said:

Trophies are serious business, there is no reason for you to feel sad about trophies, I should feel sad for you not being able to unlock trophies.

I really do.

Barozi said:
Must be an American phenomenon.

In Europe importing games from the UK (PC and consoles) or buying games from the "local" Amazon is far cheaper than anything Steam could offer.
Infact standard prices for Steam games are usually more expensive than retail games.

Skyrim is 50€ (German Steam store)
Amazon.de has it for 41€
TheHut.com has it for 38,64€ (including delivery to EU states)

Modern Warfare 3 is 60€ (Steam)
Amazon.de has it for 33€

Left 4 Dead is 20€ (Steam)
Amazon.de has it for 11,50€

It can even match many of the Steam "deals".

Steam is for indie games and 75% off sales, the rest of the time it's just not value for money. Especially outside the USA

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Turkish said:
AndrewWK said:
Turkish said:

Trophies are serious business, there is no reason for you to feel sad about trophies, I should feel sad for you not being able to unlock trophies.

I really do.

Yeah no sure they are. And you´re I´am to stupid to unlock trophies, I tried it several times but allways failed.

I´am so stupid. stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid

Around the Network
pezus said:
Barozi said:
Must be an American phenomenon.

In Europe importing games from the UK (PC and consoles) or buying games from the "local" Amazon is far cheaper than anything Steam could offer.
Infact standard prices for Steam games are usually more expensive than retail games.

Skyrim is 50€ (German Steam store)
Amazon.de has it for 41€
TheHut.com has it for 38,64€ (including delivery to EU states)

Modern Warfare 3 is 60€ (Steam)
Amazon.de has it for 33€

Left 4 Dead is 20€ (Steam)
Amazon.de has it for 11,50€

It can even match many of the Steam "deals".

I must be lucky since I pay for everything on Steam in dollars, and therefore usually get the same price as the Americans. It's different with Origin though. There, they region lock it.

Sounds highly illegal if you "cheated" your way to be able to do that.
Otherwise you're just lucky because you live in an incredibly sparsely inhabited country. Usually every bigger country should have its own Steam Store and is thus region locked as well.

pezus said:
Turkish said:

PC has achievements for a lot of games. Even then, I've never understood why some people think like this. Buying games only for the trophies? Ugh

"Gamers" that started this Gen
Everyone else doesn't care for Trophies or Achievements cause our Trophies and Achievements were stuff that we unlocked while playing the game.
Oh you finished the game > New characters

Today > You finished the game,here you have a meaningless trophie and please buy the DLC for the missing stuff in the game.

Turkish said:

Exactly. Im hooked on Trophies. I used to prefer multiplatforms for PC due to the better graphics but after I started hunting for Trophies I prefer the PS3 versions of all games. PC games have similar systems to trophies/achievements (Steam achievements I think) but not a universal system like Trophies on PS3 and no one on PC cares about PC/Steam achievements anyway.

zero129 said:
Slimebeast said:
Turkish said:

Exactly. Im hooked on Trophies. I used to prefer multiplatforms for PC due to the better graphics but after I started hunting for Trophies I prefer the PS3 versions of all games. PC games have similar systems to trophies/achievements (Steam achievements I think) but not a universal system like Trophies on PS3 and no one on PC cares about PC/Steam achievements anyway.

I dont even care about trophies/achievements on consoles O_o.

Well you should start to care.

If someone on my friends list or a player I met in an online game has level 5 in the overall Trphy score I have no respect for him.

People around level 10 get a medium amount of respect.

People who are level 15 and higher get insane amounts of respect. It means he is a true hardcore gamer and deserves respect.

Slimebeast said:

Well you should start to care.

If someone on my friends list or a player I met in an online game has level 5 in the overall Trphy score I have no respect for him.

People around level 10 get a medium amount of respect.

People who are level 15 and higher get insane amounts of respect. It means he is a true hardcore gamer and deserves respect.

But if they are a TRUE online gamer, wouldn't they be going for achievements instead of trophies?