By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Xenoblade thread- Opinions, thoughts and questions inside! Can it hit 1mil in sales next year? Sequel coming for Wii U???

What is the best 'major' area in the game?

Colony 9 39 12.34%

Bionis' Leg 83 26.27%

The Marsh 20 6.33%

The Forest 17 5.38%

The Sea 24 7.59%

The Mountain 13 4.11%

The Valley 5 1.58%

Fallen Arm 22 6.96%

The Field of Metal 9 2.85%

See results! 73 23.10%

Total:305
DanneSandin said:
Man, I'm a slow player! In all sense of the wording :P I've played close to 50 hours and haven't completed Makna Forest yet :p And I've had this game for a little more than 6 months now ^^

Anyways, for all of you who have played this game and know how far I've gotten, which team up is the best - and perhaps more importantly; how do I optimize every one? I haven't played that many JRPG's or MMO's, so I don't really know how to get the most out of characters. I figure Dunban and Reyn are tanks? Shulk is dps? What do I equipped everyone with?

I'd say Dunban or Melia for you to control, with Riki and Shulk as CPU-controlled. Try and get Dunban as quick as possible, Riki as much Ether as possible (same with Melia) and Shulk as much strength as possible. 

I'll go into more detail when I have the time later today.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
DanneSandin said:
Man, I'm a slow player! In all sense of the wording :P I've played close to 50 hours and haven't completed Makna Forest yet :p And I've had this game for a little more than 6 months now ^^

Anyways, for all of you who have played this game and know how far I've gotten, which team up is the best - and perhaps more importantly; how do I optimize every one? I haven't played that many JRPG's or MMO's, so I don't really know how to get the most out of characters. I figure Dunban and Reyn are tanks? Shulk is dps? What do I equipped everyone with?

I'd say Dunban or Melia for you to control, with Riki and Shulk as CPU-controlled. Try and get Dunban as quick as possible, Riki as much Ether as possible (same with Melia) and Shulk as much strength as possible. 

I'll go into more detail when I have the time later today.

Ok, thanks fot the tip! I'll be happy to here more later on :D I tried to play as Dunban but found it rather hard... and Riki seems like a useless piece of... erhm, well... ^^

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Conegamer said:
Otakumegane said:
I just got owned by Ancient Daedala. What do.

Which one is that one again? It's been so long since I've played it O.o

the giant lvl 105 mechon.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

I'm putting together a wallpaper pack for my desktop background, and I was wondering if anyone had or could direct me to the following: 

1920 x 1080 shots or art of:

Mechonis Field. 
Fallen Arm.
Valak Mountain. 

I've got pretty much everything else I wanted to make a decent pack, but if anyone could point out some stuff from those areas I'd be really grateful.

Asriel said:

I'm putting together a wallpaper pack for my desktop background, and I was wondering if anyone had or could direct me to the following: 

Mechonis Field. 
Fallen Arm.
Valak Mountain. 

I've got pretty much everything else I wanted to make a decent pack, but if anyone could point out some stuff from those areas I'd be really grateful.

...Can I have some too?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

Kinda disappointing that Xenoblade was really wayyyy overtracked.

(At least the price for my copy keeps rising, not that I'm going to sell it though)

Also just got an email, Gamestop trying to rip me off, trade in my copy for $45. Hell no.

Otakumegane said:
Conegamer said:
Otakumegane said:
I just got owned by Ancient Daedala. What do.

Which one is that one again? It's been so long since I've played it O.o

the giant lvl 105 mechon.

Keep the sum'bitch toppled. Best teams are Melia/Dunban/Shulk or Seventh/Dunban/Shulk. Control either Melia or Seven. If you're using Melia, equip the two skills that let her auto-topple foes, as well as Mind Blast. If it's Seven, the haste skill is best. Shulk should have Monado Blast (and hope he actually uses it when he should...) As with all the 100+ bosses, Topple Up gems are a must; Night vision gems are also a great idea. Your aggro character should also have Topple Resist skills.

Once you survive its initial blast, topple it ASAP, then do the usual routine to keep it topple locked. The first 3/4 of its health will be whittled away in no time. At this point, it's super-critical to keep it toppled no matter what, as giving it even a second of control lets it use its Crazed aura (topple-immunity). If that happens, and you're using Seven instead of Melia, pray that Shulk uses Monado Blast to remove the debuff. If you're using Melia, you should save up Mind Blast for just this reason.

Once that aura is dispensed with, topple and go on to enjoy your victory over Superboss #2!

Asriel said:

Mechonis Field. 
Fallen Arm.
Valak Mountain. 

I would like a copy of your wallpapers when you're finished. I always put up a few backgrounds of epic games right after I beat them. ~_~

Asriel said:

Mechonis Field. 
Fallen Arm.
Valak Mountain. 

I can't help you I'm afraid, but it would be great if you could share it in here when it does happen!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Thanks for the interest guys, it's not particularly brilliant and I am lacking those areas, but I'll try and upload them sometime next week.