By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Xenoblade thread- Opinions, thoughts and questions inside! Can it hit 1mil in sales next year? Sequel coming for Wii U???

What is the best 'major' area in the game?

Colony 9 39 12.34%

Bionis' Leg 83 26.27%

The Marsh 20 6.33%

The Forest 17 5.38%

The Sea 24 7.59%

The Mountain 13 4.11%

The Valley 5 1.58%

Fallen Arm 22 6.96%

The Field of Metal 9 2.85%

See results! 73 23.10%

Total:305
Mr Khan said:
Faxanadu said:
At about 32 hours, I have finally still not done too much in the game and get beaten by half the normal enemies.

I am hiding right now in this city after the tomb and scared of going out and facing the standard enemies.

The standard enemies of Eryth Sea are some of the toughest you'll face, i found. I absolutely HATED that mission where you had to go rescue that one engineer or whatever, and fight the lizards who could combo arts seal and Bind. That was the closest i came to completely giving up the game.

I must say, I did hate that doing my low-level challenge. Took me so long to do it with the damn Arts seal...

...the best thing about Eryth Sea is that you're there for so very long that it doesn't matter the level, because you'll likely gain 6-8 there anyway.

Anyway, here's the chart I'm talking about (see how it picks up the last few weeks, if someone could embed then to the post then great!):

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/game_comparison.php?reg=Global&ending=Cumulative&game%5B%5D=Xenoblade+Chronicles+%28Wii%29+%5B42966%5D&game%5B%5D=&game%5B%5D=&game%5B%5D=

A better view:

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/game_comparison.php?reg=Global&ending=Weekly&game%5B%5D=Xenoblade+Chronicles+%28Wii%29+%5B42966%5D&game%5B%5D=&game%5B%5D=&game%5B%5D=

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Faxanadu said:
At about 32 hours, I have finally still not done too much in the game and get beaten by half the normal enemies.

I am hiding right now in this city after the tomb and scared of going out and facing the standard enemies.

The standard enemies of Eryth Sea are some of the toughest you'll face, i found. I absolutely HATED that mission where you had to go rescue that one engineer or whatever, and fight the lizards who could combo arts seal and Bind. That was the closest i came to completely giving up the game.

Good I wasnt the onnly one who was suprised at how hard that mission was. I ended up running away after killing the first one, then regenerating and taking on the other three, always prepared to run again. After that, the Tomb was a cake walk.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:

Which city? Can't recall that, didn't you go to Alcamoth then Prison Island?

Admitadly, the bit between those two is most tricky...

Conegamer said:
Faxanadu said:

exactly that city. the other place i guess is next...

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:
Conegamer said:
Faxanadu said:

Well the standard enemies aren't too bad...really. The key really is making sure you're the right level (are you level 40 or around that? If you are you'd have no issues). 

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Faxanadu said:
Conegamer said:
Faxanadu said:

Well the standard enemies aren't too bad...really. The key really is making sure you're the right level (are you level 40 or around that? If you are you'd have no issues). 

i am at 40. it is still suprising how hard they are and how long fights can take.

Faxanadu said:
Conegamer said:
Faxanadu said:
Conegamer said:
Faxanadu said:

i am at 40. it is still suprising how hard they are and how long fights can take.

Well the challenge is a good thing I felt. If you need to level up, it's simple enough with Alcamoth and Frontier Village anyway. 

Story really picks up for you shortly...

Conegamer said:
Faxanadu said:
Conegamer said:
Faxanadu said:
Conegamer said:
Faxanadu said:

Well the challenge is a good thing I felt. If you need to level up, it's simple enough with Alcamoth and Frontier Village anyway. 

Story really picks up for you shortly...

Yeah I accepted all side quests I could find. Usually I am not trying to get them all, but the timed ones are a bit worrying. That is the reason I still didnt start rebuilding as I am missing one or two side quests on BL. Cant figure out where that one monster is supposed to be though...

Conegamer said:
metalmonstar said:
Alright I have been getting better at topple locking and I feel I am proficient at Melia's and Dunban's topple locking setups.

My question now is where can I find Lancelot Gear, the gear that gives you haste, a good armor set for Seven, a weapon for Seven that makes the talent guage a multi hit dps monster, debuff resist gems, and spike resist gems?

Lancelot is got from Gogul's on Bionis' Leg, Haste gear is real week so likely not worth it (just make the gems), Seven can get great armour from the shops on Junks. The Weapon I don't think exsists, and the other two I think are just random. Check quest rewards and you'll see them.

Thanks for your help. I found out that Sauros in Makna forest have the Debuff resist gems (not to mention tons of great stuff). Slobos have Spike Defense gems and they cary Glory equipment which I believe has the haste on it. I am still deciding whether I want to use Attack Frame Z or Speed Frame Z for Seven. It seems any weapon besides the starting one has a better talent attack. Though it seems like eternity blades may have had the most hits but that may just be me. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0Anx12MiCQejudHJfUWhOTGd5Wm1uS25ub2FDeE5BekE&type=view&gid=18&f=true&colid0=0&filterstr0=Debuff%20Resist&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

The google docs is incedibly informative. I finally was able to topple lock Immovable and Territorial. I also beat final Marcus and Amon. I am kind of sad though all these Unique Monster fights and grinding for books and gear has gotten me to level 78. I am starting to get to the point where I can beat monster without having to find clever ways to kill them. On the bright side soon I will be able to affinity grind on that sleep spike guy. Though supposedly another way to affinity grind is to get the Sauros trapped between a tree while your party gets depressed and encouraged.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

Yes, that affinity stuff is really depressing. I have almost no one like each other in my party...