By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Xenoblade thread- Opinions, thoughts and questions inside! Can it hit 1mil in sales next year? Sequel coming for Wii U???

What is the best 'major' area in the game?

Colony 9 39 12.34%

Bionis' Leg 83 26.27%

The Marsh 20 6.33%

The Forest 17 5.38%

The Sea 24 7.59%

The Mountain 13 4.11%

The Valley 5 1.58%

Fallen Arm 22 6.96%

The Field of Metal 9 2.85%

See results! 73 23.10%

Total:305
ishiki said:
Conegamer said:
NintendoPie said:
I am now mad at myself for not purchasing this game sooner. -.-

Well, if there was someone who constantly told you to buy the game earlier perhaps you'd be fine...

The longer you wait the more it will cost.

Can't you still import it from Europe?

I bought mine from thehut.com (and it was like 52 USD. something with shipping at European Launch which is about the same price as here),

I'm importing the PC copy of Tomb raider because they get boxed editions and USA only gets digital download and it's actually cheaper for the box with shipping!

but I know you have to mod the wii or play it on emulator.

I think they should do an HD re-release on Wii-U before the X launch in 1080p. And maybe improve the character models. The environments are so beautiful, and look better than PS3 RPG's imo. (I say this as a FFXIII/Nino kuni fan there's just a lot of areas in each of the games where it's just too barren)

Hadn't thought about that honestly. Guess you need to mod the Wii to do it, and as such would not be able to do it on the Wii U (I guess?). 

I think they should re-release it, perhaps add in the areas of the Mechonis with a bit more variety they took out. I hope X keeps the same VA/British VA though...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
ishiki said:

Can't you still import it from Europe?

I bought mine from thehut.com (and it was like 52 USD. something with shipping at European Launch which is about the same price as here),

I'm importing the PC copy of Tomb raider because they get boxed editions and USA only gets digital download and it's actually cheaper for the box with shipping!

but I know you have to mod the wii or play it on emulator.

I think they should do an HD re-release on Wii-U before the X launch in 1080p. And maybe improve the character models. The environments are so beautiful, and look better than PS3 RPG's imo. (I say this as a FFXIII/Nino kuni fan there's just a lot of areas in each of the games where it's just too barren)

Hadn't thought about that honestly. Guess you need to mod the Wii to do it, and as such would not be able to do it on the Wii U (I guess?). 

I think they should re-release it, perhaps add in the areas of the Mechonis with a bit more variety they took out. I hope X keeps the same VA/British VA though...

yeah, I'm not sure which is most feasible. Just an Idea, and that way Nintendo/Monolith actually get money for the game while maybe saving him/her money too (Though you could argue nintendo should just print more copies, and not make it GS exclusive...).

flagstaad said:
AndrewWK said:

That´s cool I recall a few of the older FF outfits were really disturbing espacialy because I was about 12 years and couldn´t if some of charackters were male or female.
I´ve benn thinking for a while to purchase this but I don´t like the wii controls that I guess I´ll wait for a significant price cut

Ok, 2 things:

First, you can use a classic controller, so "wii controls" are not an excuse

Second, and most important, if you wait and the release is a limited one you may find that the price of the game raises instead of comming down, wait at you own risk.

My advise, buy the game as soon as you can, don't take innecessary risk.

Wise advice indeed!

Very difficult to get hold of now, thankfully I managed to get mine for £30 from CEX, but it's very difficult to get hold of.

Definitely worth getting if you have a Wii U because the sound is so much clearer, although being a game upscaled from 480p to 1080p means that the jaggies are way more noticable. Definitely a game worth keeping for 20 years or so because it'll be worth a fair few quid then.

snowdog said:
flagstaad said:
AndrewWK said:

That´s cool I recall a few of the older FF outfits were really disturbing espacialy because I was about 12 years and couldn´t if some of charackters were male or female.
I´ve benn thinking for a while to purchase this but I don´t like the wii controls that I guess I´ll wait for a significant price cut

Ok, 2 things:

First, you can use a classic controller, so "wii controls" are not an excuse

Second, and most important, if you wait and the release is a limited one you may find that the price of the game raises instead of comming down, wait at you own risk.

My advise, buy the game as soon as you can, don't take innecessary risk.

Wise advice indeed!

Very difficult to get hold of now, thankfully I managed to get mine for £30 from CEX, but it's very difficult to get hold of.

Definitely worth getting if you have a Wii U because the sound is so much clearer, although being a game upscaled from 480p to 1080p means that the jaggies are way more noticable. Definitely a game worth keeping for 20 years or so because it'll be worth a fair few quid then.

What is CEX and what does it taste like?

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Computer EXchange, a shop here in the UK that deals in used consoles, games, cameras, smartphones, tellies etc.

Around the Network

I just got owned by Ancient Daedala. What do.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:
I just got owned by Ancient Daedala. What do.

Which one is that one again? It's been so long since I've played it O.o

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Just started playing it, and so far it seems good.

Seems like Nintendo just released more copies here, so unless that is from some forgotten stock, I don't see why it shouldn't be able to hit a million. Strong word of mouth, cheap Wii's everywhere and a large install base should secure it ... if more copies are made.

man i still need to finish this game i just got to prison island

Man, I'm a slow player! In all sense of the wording :P I've played close to 50 hours and haven't completed Makna Forest yet :p And I've had this game for a little more than 6 months now ^^

Anyways, for all of you who have played this game and know how far I've gotten, which team up is the best - and perhaps more importantly; how do I optimize every one? I haven't played that many JRPG's or MMO's, so I don't really know how to get the most out of characters. I figure Dunban and Reyn are tanks? Shulk is dps? What do I equipped everyone with?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.