By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who's joining the new site Gamewise?

to make your choice easier.. I'm staying here.. will miss you guys if you go that way... I'll visit from time to time if I'm banned on this site..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Let me get this straight, they're complaining that less people use the forums, yet with every update they push the forums further and further down the site to the point that it's hidden, then they make a new forum, off site, to drive people away from this forum? I honestly feel the people up top are out of touch with what's wrong with the current site....

You're going to split the community over two sites and forums. It's a bad idea in that regard. I know we can use the same account for both, but who will really bother to do the same thing in both places?

Perhaps transforming Vgchartz into a sales only site would be best, because Gamewise seems like a cool concept. But if you're hopeful for a strong community, you have to keep it solid and grounded to one place.

Ill be there, but Ill more than likely be staying on here for the majority of my time. I joined this "community" for sales stuff, afterall. Until the new gen gets here, I cant see any games interesting me enough to jump into that.

I like the colourscheme of Gamewise.

Might put my name down for a mod job

BasilZero said:
Depends on the look and feel, I would like to be more active on gaming forums though neogaf's forums arent that too interesting even though I finally got accepted after waiting for 9+ months to be approved.

Same here! I got accepted there like 3 months ago and haven't posted there once. The 1st page of every thread is a bunch of clowns tagging in.

There are good things on the site, but it's not what everyone makes it out to be there's lots of junk posts there.

Around the Network

I'll be posting in both areas, but most users will probably have a "wait and see" approach so the traffic won't be overwhelming to begin with, it will probably take some months before the site is fully established.

I wonder what would've happened if the old VGChartz was just kept the way it was .

EDIT: OP, that's not a link to the site. It's a link to a thread about a the site. Kinda lame. 

ioi said:
Dr.Grass said:
I wonder what would've happened if the old VGChartz was just kept the way it was .

In what way?

Well, a ton of work must've gone into the constant revisions to the site. From a casual user's perspective the benefits have been questionable. I just get the impression that the success (i.e. user count etc.) of the site wouldn't have differed drastically if the site still exactly resembled the site I discovered in 2007.

ioi said:
Dr.Grass said:

In what way?

It would've been sucky Brett. Don't worry.

With all the social options added to VGChartz this place competes with facebook in appeal in my book.

BUT, some things like points need to go or be heavily reworked. Also, for VGChartz, very important, the prediction league needs to come back.

You should also give people a preview of vgchartz pro and offer it at a discount rate to amateurs like us, we can't affort big bucks. If you gave some kind of 5$/month program for little us we would probably use it for better posts and prestige on the site.

ioi said:
Dr.Grass said:

Well, a ton of work must've gone into the constant revisions to the site. From a casual user's perspective the benefits have been questionable. I just get the impression that the success (i.e. user count etc.) of the site wouldn't have differed drastically if the site still exactly resembled the site I discovered in 2007.

The site has doubled every year for the last 5 years so I'm not sure how the benefits are questionable? If the site had remained identical to how it was in 2007 it would likely still be an amateur thing that I was doing for 2-3 hours per day after work. So from my point of view the benefits are definitely not questionable. Same, I imagine, with the 40-50 people who have worked for the site in that time - had the chance to attend events like E3 to meet their heroes, play the latest games and in many cases get a foot into the industry.

It all depends on your point of view and how you measure "success" I guess.

Well, to be fair to Dr. Grass, we don't have the means to measure either, we're all just poking in the dark.

What of the pro numbers, I don't fit in any of the categories mentioned and don't dare apply for pro? I'm not a journalist, not an analyst, I'm just an amateur on the only sales-dedicated video game website on the planet (as far as I know). Why don't you offer us some kind of package and capitalize on the lower bracket? Don't be like Nintendo, be smart!