By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales. Week 12: Mar 19 - Mar 25

NintendoPie said:
WOW! The 3DS is doing great! Nice job Japan. Also nice job on those Kid Icarus: Uprising numbers, they're much better than America. I hope KI:U gets great legs! It looks like a very deserving game.
And the PSVita... has gone... up?

Apparantely the out of stock curse made another victim with Kid Icarus... in neogaf they're saying the thing is sold out, which may hurt its legs considerably.

And Vita has gone up! But next week no games release on Vita, so that's when we'll see if it stabilized or not. Maybe there were 300 rabid little buster fans out there.

Around the Network
VicViper said:
NintendoPie said:
WOW! The 3DS is doing great! Nice job Japan. Also nice job on those Kid Icarus: Uprising numbers, they're much better than America. I hope KI:U gets great legs! It looks like a very deserving game.

Apparantely the out of stock curse made another victim with Kid Icarus... in neogaf they're saying the thing is sold out, which may hurt its legs considerably.

And Vita has gone up! But next week no games release on Vita, so that's when we'll see if it stabilized or not. Maybe there were 300 rabid little buster fans out there.

Maybe.

Also, if KI was out of stock for last week because it sold out wouldn't that be a good thing? There will be more demand and hype for it then.

NintendoPie said:
VicViper said:
NintendoPie said:

Maybe.

Also, if KI was out of stock for last week because it sold out wouldn't that be a good thing? There will be more demand and hype for it then.

I don't think it works like that, if a thing is out of stock and has demand, then demand goes somewhere else. Of course, there are exceptions, but Kid Icarus does not look like that game people will wait to get eventually - hope I'm wrong, though

VicViper said:

07./09. [3DS] Monster Hunter 3G # (Capcom) {2011.12.10} (¥5.800) - 22.402 / 1.337.122 (+32%)

08./08. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.800) - 20.890 / 1.601.979 (+22%)

09./11. [3DS] Super Mario 3D Land # (Nintendo) {2011.11.03} (¥4.800) - 20.305 / 1.439.760 (+29%)

They seem to have stable 1 in 4 attach ratio

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

cyberninja45 said:

kid icurus and the 3 headed monster are all up there.

Very talkative monster by the way.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

How come they have undertracked the 3ds japanese numbers on this site? Media crate has 94k and vgchartz has 66? Seems. Little strange surely its a mistake.

kowenicki said:

Vita flatlining.

On the flipside, isn't it nice to know where the floor is?

RolStoppable said:

I think it's not possible to rent video games in Japan.

That is correct. This is the main impetus behind putting DLC into games like Layton and DQ IX, with the DLC unlocking week by week.

Are those Kid Icarus numbers good? I know it's a big game, but what were sales expectations?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Are those Kid Icarus numbers good? I know it's a big game, but what were sales expectations?

The numbers are decent I would say, remember this is rebirth of franchise or the closest thing to a new IP. It also has supply issues from some statements, which will hurt it. 

It does need good legs to be considered excellent or good. However the numbers aren't bad by any means. 

The 3DS and Vita continue to amaze me, in opposite ways

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.