By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - New Avatar & Sig Rules

Machina said:
outlawauron said:
Wasn't this thread a little premature as the internal debate is still going on?

We're leaning towards making the application of the rule more lenient as a direct result of the comments in this thread (i.e. we are listening), particularly with respect to videogame characters, and to give more discretion to mods to ignore aspects of the rules when the images clearly aren't sexualised.

The first three rules I think are fine though imo, because they cover quite clearly NSFW material - something we already say is against the rules. For those wondering about the 'with cleavage/backsides/genitals on display' bit, which is causing some confusion, by 'on display' we mean where those features are mostly bare, not where they're clothed.

To use examples from this thread, at the time of writing I would say that outlaw, chrissindahouse, Plezba, Kangi, carl, kyliedog and monkeymonk are all clearly fine, whereas psrock would need to change his, and BasilZero and hatmoza's are up for debate.

I appreciate the full response, but I still feel the best solution is the option to hide avatars (and make that the default selection for all users, meaning that you have to enable them to see any avatars or sigs). This way all parties win and you have to consent to a possible situation where your environment is suitable to mild sexual innuendo.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Machina said:
outlawauron said:
Wasn't this thread a little premature as the internal debate is still going on?

We're leaning towards making the application of the rule more lenient as a direct result of the comments in this thread (i.e. we are listening), particularly with respect to videogame characters, and to give more discretion to mods to ignore aspects of the rules when the images clearly aren't sexualised.

The first three rules I think are fine though imo, because they cover quite clearly NSFW material - something we already say is against the rules. For those wondering about the 'with cleavage/backsides/genitals on display' bit, which is causing some confusion, by 'on display' we mean where those features are mostly bare, not where they're clothed.

To use examples from this thread, at the time of writing I would say that outlaw, chrissindahouse, Plezba, Kangi, carl, kyliedog and monkeymonk are all clearly fine, whereas psrock would need to change his, and BasilZero and hatmoza's are up for debate.

I appreciate the full response, but I still feel the best solution is the option to hide avatars (and make that the default selection for all users, meaning that you have to enable them to see any avatars or sigs). This way all parties win and you have to consent to a possible situation where your environment is suitable to mild sexual innuendo.

How are sexy avatars innuendo?

Innuendo insinuates, these avatars are pretty direct.

Just a question, are you guys going to delete all the booth babes articles?

Kynes said:

You might have not notice it but gamrfeed has been gone for a month... I know I know.. I also didn't noticed it for weeks..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
Kynes said:

You might have not notice it but gamrfeed has been gone for a month... I know I know.. I also didn't noticed it for weeks..

There is still the articles tab in the homepage.

Around the Network

Id also say that instead on focusinh on avatars, you should get rid of the annoyong autoplay adverts.

Getting very, very close to blocking...

Aww man, to what should the trillions of gamers on this site fap to now?

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

I think it's fine that the rules are changing (though whether their current form should be final is another question), but I don't think that making people blog avatars instead would be a good solution, even for regular users, as avatars are important for letting people recognize you.

he spelled me wrong, now i am even more angry lol

spurgeonryan said:

Of course if Pezus just would not have lost his bet to Man bear then non of this would have happened.

Wait a minute! Are you telling me that man-bear-pig was the one making pezus change his avatar to borderline NSFW pics and then he has the balls to make a thread complaining about it?

Is this is the case, can we extend his ban for a couple of months?

Signature goes here!