By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - New Avatar & Sig Rules

People have indeed pushed the rule, so stop acting like these measures are brought to the table because some mod woke up in a bad mood. Even though they appear to be tough, I don't really bother, they are a direct response to some avatars that were indeed quite annoying.

Rol's approach seems to be the best way to go. It avoids though restrictions and guarantees a safe browsing. Not allowing the site to be safe for work is as bad as establishing though measures to avatars.

Around the Network

the resistance will never be silenced.

the resistance misses Whitney Houston.

At least we are having discussion about the manner. I am fine with the rule. I don't post that much anyway.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
crissindahouse said:
room414 said:
crissindahouse said:
no i won't because i respect others and what they like to use as avatar...

you have to draw the line somewhere

did i say anything else? but if the line cuts a girl in bikini out of this website a guy who looks like a mass murder should be banned as well (i have nothing gainst your pic but i think it's worse than a bikini  girl) and if not, a girl in bikini looking like the girls i will see every freaking day in summer shouldn't be banned as well in my opinion. all that "here are kids" and "nsfw" is crazy for me because i don't think that i should forbid children now to walk along the street because they will see many girls in bikinis then in their gardens and this in not just a picture, this is for real then haha

i miss pezus' floppy man titties

room414 said:
chris212223 said:
room414 said:
crissindahouse said:
room414 said:
Neogaf and most respected forums seem to do alright with similar policy. I think vgchartz will manage somehow.

but whats with your pic? i think your pic is much more disturbing. people seeing that at work think i will plan my suicide at a suicid internet site or something like that^^

Make a thread and complain about it and see what happens...lol.

Is that Eric Draven!?

yes

Cool.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
To address the issue:

While I'm reluctant to compare the two sites so often, on NeoGAF signatures aren't even allowed and I can probably only think of one shirtless avatar that I remember from the site (which wasn't outright sexual and has now been changed). Obviously the rule can be tweaked and changed but the level of inappropriate avatars was becoming excessive. Regardless of where you're browsing the site from, no one needs to see hyper-sexualized avatars of shirtless men as well as women in bikinis just because they want to read some news on their favorite games. The rule is still up for discussion but I'd ask for people to be mature on the issue and discuss it in a civil manner.

Best way is to do what Rol and I said pages ago.

Don't make new rules, we already have some for NSFW stuff. Instead, just have the mods be more aggressive in warning/banning the offenders.

EDIT: Maybe in the site upgrade... and a report avatar function.

I'm sure a "Disable avatars" option would have been better. You can already disable sigs, so why go down the route of censoring?

spurgeonryan said:
pbroy said:

This is all I need to jizz.. JIZZZ.. JIzzzzzzzZZZ.. JIZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!@!

Reminds me of...

Lonley Island - "I Just Had Sex"

Full Sex becomes anything is sex....

Actually to be honest with you their eyes are very lovely!

They are amazingly beautiful! I just love the one on the right and then the one on the left.

I think there should be an option to turn off avatar just like you can with sigs. Everybody is happy then why is that so hard?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

This was all a scheme to bring the community together in a fruitful, fun discussion - something these forums haven't seen in quite a while.

Thank you Machina.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I think that aside from having an option to turn off avatars, then Rol's is the best idea. How about if the mods do this the democratic way and have a poll with various options? If not to straight up decide what to do then at least to have a better feel of what this community thinks on the whole.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.