By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo News Thread: "Born a Nintendo Fan, die a Nintendo fan!

Tagged games:

What would you give for Nintendo to be #1 again this gen?

500 dollars 1,316 72.35%

Kidney 2 0.11%

Soul 9 0.49%

virginity 16 0.88%

Your favorite puppy 6 0.33%

Your 1,000 dollar copy of Xenoblades 8 0.44%

An hour of your time 26 1.43%

Other ( post below) 6 0.33%

....Left testicle.... 13 0.71%

Pezus's freedom 22 1.21%

Total:1,424
Valdney said:
Salnax said:
Valdney said:
Something has to be done about the Zelda series. Its just not a healthy series anymore, it has not been healthy since Ocarina. Something is very wrong with it.

The games sell a lot and are met with critical acclaim. What's wrong?

Games that sell do not get a  drastic price cut a few months after they have been realesed. Just look at NSMBWii, it still holds the same price tag after 2 and half years of its realese.

It's bad if it is an across the board price cut. This is a sale at Toys 'r' Us, which isn't the best seller of video games in the world. I only use them sparingly since their selection is usually old, and only when they have a distribution event.

Around the Network
Valdney said:
Salnax said:
Valdney said:
Something has to be done about the Zelda series. Its just not a healthy series anymore, it has not been healthy since Ocarina. Something is very wrong with it.

The games sell a lot and are met with critical acclaim. What's wrong?

Games that sell do not get a  drastic price cut a few months after they have been realesed. Just look at NSMBWii, it still holds the same price tag after 2 and half years of its realese.

Look at Modern Warfare 3. Lots of stores are already selling it for $40. Did it fail?

ANY Nintendo game that is able to maintain good sales never gets a price cut. It is a fact.

Zelda is not a healthy series anymore. It's ok if you want to live in denial.

Skyward Sword came out on a console that, basically, for a year was irrelevant to the market. That doesn`t help.
After the mature Twilight Princess, maybe some fans weren`t happy about the look on this one, but i don`t think that it was because of that or even the quality of the title - which has gotten high praises as Ocarina - that made this one sell less.
Wii just isn`t a real choice anymore and that shows.

Of course, i still blame Nintendo for not releasing a special Wii for the occasion! :D All those bundles and no Zelda bundle...

This is a store discount, not a corporate price cut.

Very big difference.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Well Denis Dyack goes out of his way to not even remotely discuss Eternal Darkness 2. Interesting. Since one would assume if it was as dead as always, he'd just give it a 'love to but not happening' as he usually does.

I'll just put this here as well. Awesome 2D Mickey, much more impressed than the 3D counterpart.

------

Power of Illusion 3DS

Dreamrift is making a sprite-based follow-up to the first Epic Mickey, and it appears to be a spiritual successor to Castle of Illusion for the Sega Genesis.

- Game is a follow-up to Epic Mickey as well as Castle of Illusion (classic Sega Genesis game)
- Heavy use of the stylus
- Tap item icons that are in every level to “paint” (trace) items into existence
- This includes cliffs, cannons, floating platforms
- Better tracing will cause better things to happen
- Flawlessly-painted canon will only damage Mickey’s enemies
- Messing up the painting can result in danger to everyone in the area
- Sometimes have to erase objects
- Erase with thinner by using the stylus
- Hand-drawn sprites
- Every level is based on an animated Disney adventure
- This includes “Sleeping Beauty”, “Peter Pan”, and “Tangled”
- Each character Mickey saves will take up residence in the fortress that Mickey uses as his home base
- This fortress is a hub
- Characters will decorate the fort
- Witch from Snow White is the main villain
- Worlds from all eras of Disney
- Scrooge Mcduck, Oswald, and Minnie is in the game

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

That Epic Mickey 3DS game reminds me of Wario: Master of Disguise for the DS.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

We'll see new Zelda game this E3 to be released next year at holidays with a TP artstyle or similar, but nothing like the demo. And not developed by Retro. Also, a new Mario and Metroid, but the Mario game will be 2D.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

spurgeonryan said:
Gamerace said:
Well Denis Dyack goes out of his way to not even remotely discuss Eternal Darkness 2. Interesting. Since one would assume if it was as dead as always, he'd just give it a 'love to but not happening' as he usually does.

That is what I was thinking! Very curious that all of this Eternal Darkness news and rumors have been coming out, and then this. Will have to wait and see. It was a good reviewing game and many people who actually bought it enjoyed it a lot!

As much as I would love an Eternal Darkness sequel, Silicon Knights' recent performance certainly doesn't fill me with confidence for it. If they did a 'promotional' HD remaster of the original game while someone esle handled a sequel, I'd be fine. But the proper thing? Oooh, I'm iffy on that.

If the Eternal Darkness rumours refusing to go away really do mean that SK have brought back to the Nintendo fold, I hope the same happens for N-Space and Ninty publishes Winter. That game looked really special.