By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you consider yourself superior to most other humans?

Do you?

Yes, I am superior some/most. 113 69.75%

No, I am equal to everyone. 49 30.25%

Total:162

Sure I am rich pretty and the only one on this planet with a 4 digit IQ. I dont even consider myself human, just waiting for my real parents to take me to our rebuild home planet cybertron (yes I am a transformer)

Around the Network
Jay520 said:

I've been thinking about this myself and I really don't know right now. On one hand, I consider myself to be more smarter than most people, but then I know that I'm technically no 'better' than anyone else, so there's no reason for me to feel superior. What do you think?

You can use whatever definition for superior you want. As long as you're comparing yourself to other humans.

How dare you ask ME such a question!?!?!

Insolent peon 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

I consider myself better at certain areas then others. Then there are people better in those areas then me. So superior? No? But are we all on a equal field? No. Skills and abilities are to diverse for anyone to be the better one.

That sheep term is misused a lot, and it's usually a person who is just as arrogant as the rest of us trying to label someone stupid because they don't agree with them. There are legit cases, but it is quite annoying to see someone explain why they believe something give legit reasons for themselves personally, then have the other person call him a sheep because his views happened to be shared by others.

I think that inside the "sheep mentality" we should add people that like to use that term just because the other person doesn't do what they want.

too many things to think about...

my iq is higher than the average european iq (that's a fact lol) and i believe my empathy is much better in comparison to other men. but then i'm lazy sometimes, i am horrible if it comes to any kind of art and i eat animals even with my high empathy which, i believe, is very bad nowadays with all the possibilities to live without eating animals.

at least i would say i'm not superior to others, because there are thousands of things i would have to consider and i couldnt say how important the different abilities or whatever are.

In some respects, certainly. Inferior in others. Socialization has never been my thing, for instance. I get along well with people in general, but it seems like other people are able to bond much more easily than me, which extends to issues like my perpetual datelessness, but also more practical issues like networking in my current job hunt, and the fact that I am abysmal at networking.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

When you work at Walmart and a customer asks you if the store carries any "ZDIM" cables, of course you consider yourself smarter then the average person.

I am, Hitler and Stalin were people too.

Well, since I'm a determinist and became one even before I was aware of the word and that there had been determinists before me, I'd say I'm smarter than most. Even my entire family thinks I'm a genius.

In some ways, I would say definitely. I think I'm smarter than most if not everyone in my class, but this isn't exactly much of an achievement... (no offence if you're in my class). I'm also quite arrogant at times, so this probably helps me think I'm smarter than most.

Physically? I'm average.

No. Most people can do something better than I can, so how can I consider myself to be superior?

For example, I'm good at maths but my artistic skills are shocking. I can't look down on someone who is bad at maths, because they may be better than me at creative writing or painting. Every person in the world can do at least one thing better than I can.