By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do foreigners think of the United States of America?

Like the other threads, lets vent stereotypes! Horray!

.....Not that I have any doubt what the steriotypes are. I think that one thing about being an American is that you know what others' think of you pretty well.

Oh, and as a favor, let us know what country you're from.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

shameful country today

kardashian whores and jackass presidents is what USA is now.

love its liberty foundation and old free america

Christians.

Lots and lots of Christians.

...Also a couple of atheists who've got no party to vote for. Democracy at its best.

In a town of about 10,000 we have around 6 churches. Maybe I'm crazy but that just seems excessive to me xD

The general steriotype is fat, little knowledge of the outside world and a belief that if its not American its not worth knowing about. From my experience though when i went to Florida the people were friendly easy to chat to. Only problem was everytime i said i was from the UK everyone assumed i was from London. The U.S. does have some great tv and music too.

Around the Network
RavenXtra said:

In a town of about 10,000 we have around 6 churches. Maybe I'm crazy but that just seems excessive to me xD

In my town of 13,000, we have about 25 churches..

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Good people, crappy politics.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Good people, crappy politics.

The world in a nutshell.

Love and tolerate.

The stereotypes about Americas are usually really bad I'm afraid.

They don't know much of the world beyond their borders, they are very religious, they are fat, they love guns, they are extremely right wing, they love money, they are extremely patriotic, they like warring...

These are the main stereotypes.

I feel obliged to add good things now, lol. I have to say I think they are hard working people, more flexible than Europeans when it comes to mobility and jobs. Entrepreneurship is more prominent. Also, they are usually nice people to talk to and very friendly. Also optimistic.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

well before I moved to America the perception was. Hard working people. Land of opportunity. You can be anything you want to be. Yadayadayada. The only negative perception was they were a war mongling people. Nowadays I'm sure its different.