By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your perception of India?

snakenobi said:
Ajescent said:
This is in the gaming discussion so...unless I'm mistaken, I've only played one game from an Indian Developer and that is The last Guy (then again they might have been Malaysian) IMO, the more developers we have all around the world the better, not too keen on the monopoly USA is slowly getting.

i mistakenly put it in that section.

give your general opinion about india

No idea, never been there so I genuinely have no real opinion on it but I hear it has the potential to become a financial powerhouse based on its population alone...or something like that.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
snakenobi said:

Hello,I am from India.

As my country is developing and rising country.Economists talk about India playing a big role in global trade.

But if you ask me India is nowhere near what people talk about.India is kinda of a slave country.And because of this people in india are jst behind money.Our buisnesses are like the Banks of USA and other Monopolistic and fraud business

Anyways i was jst trying to get info on perception of India around the world.

So post your mind of India and indians if you know or have met any.

Everybody knows india is a 3rd world dictatorship regardless of what anyone says on the news trying to paint a positive picture.

I hope the OPs question gives me immunity from a ban for insulting, thought were asked for, thoughts were given.

I've never been there and declined the opportunity to recently but that's my interpretation of the situation. Censorship has got very bad in recent years according to various sources.

At least it's generally Christian which means it's a 100x a better place to go than some muslim dictatorship nations where you're likely to be hung drawn and quartered for picking your nose.

It's held back by corruption, political dynasties and the caste system.

Hard to say, I don't really know much about India. When I picture India I think of Indian food such as curry, and I picture overcrowded buses and trains, etc.

And in Canada there is the negative stereotype that Indian people are all taxi drivers or work at call centres for customer support.

But me personally I think Indians are good people. You fought by our side in WWII and kicked some serious Nazi ass. Plus I know you guys have some technology since you guys have a space program and everything. I can't help but picture poverty and overcrowing though.

Around the Network

Well, from what I've seen, people divide India into two parts. First, there's the English speaking part, which has stolen our telemarketing jobs. Second, there is the vast rural wilderness, where people are racist, misogynist, unclean, and generally unpleasant. Your climate is hot, your girls are hot, and your food is hot. More politically savvy people worry that you and Pakistan may nuke each other into oblivion. Racists will either call you lazy or mistake you for Koreans.

Please don't ban me. I don't believe most of what I just wrote.

Love and tolerate.

First thing that comes to mind, is hatred for Pakistan (I country that I am from, and dislike in some nature as well), so me and India have that in common. Second thing is the dislike of having girls, and this is something that isn't good. China will face this problem some day, but pretty much you create uneven population. Third thing would be the place that my parents were born, but for some reason rather claim to be Pakistani. Fourth thing that comes to mind, is a country that is greatly divided between class, provinces, and even cultures. Finally lets end this with the 5th thing to come to mind, which is a country that seems to not really care for its own people, namely the poor.

Rath said:
It's held back by corruption, political dynasties and the caste system.

Ah, yes. I forgot about this one.

The caste system is seriously terrible.

dsage01 said:
xKratosWitAGunx said:
Play4Fun said:
Well, having lived in both Guyana and Trinidad , two countries which have a high demographic of Indians, all I can tell you is that the girls are hot.

I've never been to India, but I've been told the wealth is not equally distributed. It mostly goes to a few while the poor majority still struggle.

Soo just like here in America?

It's a lot different. The biggest and the most expensive house in the world is less than a 20 minuite drive from middle class homes (what we would call slums) is what I heard. 

I don't see how the distance between and upper-class home to a lower class home has anything to do with the money they are making. it's not like the poor get more money just for living close to a rich person. Please explain because I think you were trying to say something else

I've met/been friends with lots of Indian people, they were all really great people

When I think of India, I think of this really crowded place with tons of people living there and everyone wears brightly colored clothes, spicy food, and people working as tech support for american companies :B

Yeah, basically what you see in the movies