By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Assassin's Creed 3 takes place during American Revolution, stars Native American

Tagged games:

NightDragon83 said:
The one downside that a commenter on another website pointed out about setting AC3 during the American Revolution is that there aren't very many big buildings to scale during that time period lol.

Totems?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
The one downside that a commenter on another website pointed out about setting AC3 during the American Revolution is that there aren't very many big buildings to scale during that time period lol.

That's is what I fear as well, there were no cities in America in that time, and my favourite part of AC is normally just running around the cities....

I was getting quite excited over the suggestions that it would be set in a Victorian era London, as that would definitely fit the bill, but Ubi are going to have to work hard to convince me that this works in terms of gameplay

NightDragon83 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
If they wanted to have continuity between Italy and America, wasn't it better to make him an Italian American mafia hitman disguised as a plumber? O-)

Assassin's Creed 4 confirmed to be set in modern day Brooklyn starring Mario and exclusive for the Wii U!?!

Almost. I was thinking more about Luigi.  And no exclusive, multiplat shameless plagiarism.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

hm interesting, but won't comment until I see some gameplay footage. Same concerns that have been brought up.

I'm really hoping this is some kind of early April Fool's joke. I don't think that setting will work at all unless they're trying to totally revamp the game.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

It's pretty much confirmed now.

Can't wait, the franchise needs rebooting at this point, finally excited for an AC game again!

Sounds very very boring.

The Crusades... Florence and the birth of the modern Era... Rome... Constantinople. All very interesting settings.

I really hope this rumor is false, I can't think of a more uininteresting setting.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I have this feeling this might only one part of the game.

The devs need to kill off Desmond. They failed to raise and bring up a proper protagonist in four games. All he does is hop around like a jackass and act like being in the animus is actually doing something for him. In the beginning he had the potential to be one of the coolest characters from the build up, but its faded. Seriously.

Munkeh111 said:
NightDragon83 said:

That's is what I fear as well, there were no cities in America in that time, and my favourite part of AC is normally just running around the cities....

I was getting quite excited over the suggestions that it would be set in a Victorian era London, as that would definitely fit the bill, but Ubi are going to have to work hard to convince me that this works in terms of gameplay

There were cities.  Philadelphia was the second largest English speaking city in the world after London durning that time period.