By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Assassin's Creed 3 takes place during American Revolution, stars Native American

Tagged games:

c03n3nj0 said:
Runa216 said:
c03n3nj0 said:
That sounds so freaking random. I've never played though, so I'm guessing it somehow makes sense?

To be fair, going from a medieval assassin to some captured dude in the modern day who has some trippy flashbacks to the past events of that assassin also makes no sense. Hrm.

if you think that's all there is to it, you, my friend, need to play them.  While I was like "WTF" when I first played, the story grows on you and is a sprawling, generational plot leading up to 2012.  basically, there have been these artifacts throughout time responsible for basically everything that caused religion, and this group has been trying to use them to control the world, using the main character's genetic memories to scour through the ages to find where the damn things were hid (his ancestry was responsible for keeping the items and hiding them.)  so it becomes a race agaisnt time between the main character and the enemies to see who finds them first.

Really good plot if you're not religiously sensitive.  Revelations was...not a great game, and the first one suffered some gameplay issues, but 2 and Brotherhood were great and I get the impression III will be awesome since it's apparently an end to the series (since the whole plot revolves around some monumental event happening in 2012) 

Okay. So he has native American blood in 'im! 

I've considered playing the games many times (except for the first one, impression is that it's too repetitive) , but my only way would be PC, and it's not the best place for it, or even the best PC, for that matter. 

Buy a ps3?

Around the Network

Sux.

Medieval times, Renaissance Italy and Turkey are fantastic settings but the American Revolution doesn't interest me. Assassin's Creed must remain in past times. Also I don't want guns.

Cool, a guy in a white cloak and a white hood in the USA killing people, that couldn't possibly paint a wrong picture?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Halazar said:
Munkeh111 said:
NightDragon83 said:
The one downside that a commenter on another website pointed out about setting AC3 during the American Revolution is that there aren't very many big buildings to scale during that time period lol.

That's is what I fear as well, there were no cities in America in that time, and my favourite part of AC is normally just running around the cities....

I was getting quite excited over the suggestions that it would be set in a Victorian era London, as that would definitely fit the bill, but Ubi are going to have to work hard to convince me that this works in terms of gameplay

There were cities.  Philadelphia was the second largest English speaking city in the world after London durning that time period.

http://kotaku.com/5889507/why-a-colonial-assassins-creed-makes-complete-sense-and-sounds-awesome?tag=%20wielding

Well according to this New York was larger...

But to refer to that article agin, it raises some interesting points, though I think being able to go to London or Paris is a bit of a stretch as given their size, I reckon they wouldn't be relegated to such an extent. But it certainly does look quite interesting

Also, after the end of Revelations, I have a feeling we are going to get more Desmond stuff in the real world, but I am definitely looking forward to the proper reveal in 3 days (of course it won't really be a proper reveal...)

Slimebeast said:
Sux.

Medieval times, Renaissance Italy and Turkey are fantastic settings but the American Revolution doesn't interest me. Assassin's Creed must remain in past times. Also I don't want guns.

take a step back and think about what you just said; there are two things in this post that are immensely stupid.  

1 - The American Revolution is past times, were you alive for it? it was in the 1700s, about 300 years ago.  only 300 years from the early 1400's when the last ones took place, which in turn was I think 300 years difference from the first game. 

2 - There has bee guns in Assassin's Creed since, I think the second one, if not Brotherhood.  

suck it up, buttercup. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

I've often thought a gun in the left hand with a melee wep like his tomahawk could be devastating. I hope we have some choices. Both Philly and Charleston were occupied by the Brits during 'the first civil war' as Kenneth Roberts* called it. There wouldn't have been many buildings over three stories. You'd think a native American assassin would mean action in the wilderness.

Of all the periods and places I hoped for this seems like the worst choice. It's interesting enough but I was looking for something more exotic and less familiar. They must be looking at affecting a particular crises at that point in history but I can't even guess what it is.

* Interesting life. Wrote for the Post, was a Lt. in the Murmansk invasion after WWI., sold swampland in Florida and won a Pulitzer citation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Roberts_(author)

Runa216 said:
Slimebeast said:
Sux.

take a step back and think about what you just said; there are two things in this post that are immensely stupid.  

1 - The American Revolution is past times, were you alive for it? it was in the 1700s, about 300 years ago.  only 300 years from the early 1400's when the last ones took place, which in turn was I think 300 years difference from the first game. 

2 - There has bee guns in Assassin's Creed since, I think the second one, if not Brotherhood.  

suck it up, buttercup. 

1. Well it's a historical setting but not very long ago. I think the revolution took place in 1769 or something, that's less than 250 years ago. What if the next Assassin's Creed jumps another 300 years forward? It would end up in the nano age lol.

2. I still dont like guns. And in Brotherhood the guns had only a small role since in the Renaissance gun tech wasn't very effective yet. In the 18th century guns are the main weapon tech while swords, bows and arrows are extremely old fashioned.

This is why I and many others didn't like Age of Empires III, because it had too many guns.

Slimebeast said:
Runa216 said:
Slimebeast said:
Sux.

suck it up, buttercup. 

1. Well it's a historical setting but not very long ago. I think the revolution took place in 1769 or something, that's less than 250 years ago. What if the next Assassin's Creed jumps another 300 years forward? It would end up in the nano age lol.

2. I still dont like guns. And in Brotherhood the guns had only a small role since in the Renaissance gun tech wasn't very effective yet. In the 18th century guns are the main weapon tech while swords, bows and arrows are extremely old fashioned.

This is why I and many others didn't like Age of Empires III, because it had too many guns.

Were getting to the end of Desmonds ancestry and the last game in what is supposed to be his trilogy (he's still useless). His ancestry eventually flowed towards America because thats where desmond is from. It makes sense, aside from being in established empires, desmonds new ancestor will exist in the beginning of a new rising empire and a new war for independence. This is a conspiracy theory game and most of the conspiracy theories people talk about come from this time in America.