By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Assassin's Creed 3 takes place during American Revolution, stars Native American

Tagged games:

Runa216 said:
c03n3nj0 said:
That sounds so freaking random. I've never played though, so I'm guessing it somehow makes sense?

To be fair, going from a medieval assassin to some captured dude in the modern day who has some trippy flashbacks to the past events of that assassin also makes no sense. Hrm.

if you think that's all there is to it, you, my friend, need to play them.  While I was like "WTF" when I first played, the story grows on you and is a sprawling, generational plot leading up to 2012.  basically, there have been these artifacts throughout time responsible for basically everything that caused religion, and this group has been trying to use them to control the world, using the main character's genetic memories to scour through the ages to find where the damn things were hid (his ancestry was responsible for keeping the items and hiding them.)  so it becomes a race agaisnt time between the main character and the enemies to see who finds them first.

Really good plot if you're not religiously sensitive.  Revelations was...not a great game, and the first one suffered some gameplay issues, but 2 and Brotherhood were great and I get the impression III will be awesome since it's apparently an end to the series (since the whole plot revolves around some monumental event happening in 2012) 

Does Revelations really add much to the story? Since I beat 1 + 2 will be beating Brotherhood but I don't want to touch Revelations if I don't have to.

Former something....

Around the Network

If they wanted to have continuity between Italy and America, wasn't it better to make him an Italian American mafia hitman disguised as a plumber? O-)

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

No egypt :(

Blacksaber said:
Runa216 said:
c03n3nj0 said:
That sounds so freaking random. I've never played though, so I'm guessing it somehow makes sense?

To be fair, going from a medieval assassin to some captured dude in the modern day who has some trippy flashbacks to the past events of that assassin also makes no sense. Hrm.

if you think that's all there is to it, you, my friend, need to play them.  While I was like "WTF" when I first played, the story grows on you and is a sprawling, generational plot leading up to 2012.  basically, there have been these artifacts throughout time responsible for basically everything that caused religion, and this group has been trying to use them to control the world, using the main character's genetic memories to scour through the ages to find where the damn things were hid (his ancestry was responsible for keeping the items and hiding them.)  so it becomes a race agaisnt time between the main character and the enemies to see who finds them first.

Really good plot if you're not religiously sensitive.  Revelations was...not a great game, and the first one suffered some gameplay issues, but 2 and Brotherhood were great and I get the impression III will be awesome since it's apparently an end to the series (since the whole plot revolves around some monumental event happening in 2012) 

Does Revelations really add much to the story? Since I beat 1 + 2 will be beating Brotherhood but I don't want to touch Revelations if I don't have to.

There's some stuff about Desmond's past in there, and they do tie up the stories of Ezio and Altair's past, but realistically you can likely youtube that shit.  it's very much so an episodic game despite the sprawling and beautiful landscape.  the story is pretty effecting though, very well written and the end of Altair and Ezio are both meaningful, beautiful events.  But no, you don't need to buy it.  If you can find it for 20-30 bucks, then it's worth it, otherwise it's just more of the same with a minimal plot.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Blacksaber said:
Runa216 said:
c03n3nj0 said:

I'm in the same boat, except I don't plan on playing Brotherhood or Revelation, Only played 1 and 2 (fully). I'm just going to watch the story for Brotherhood and Revelations on youtube or something. Don't really care for those games, but I do want the story to make sense for me when I play 3.

From what I hear, The plot/ending in Brotherhood was a doozy.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

im disappointed by this, i don't want guns.

The one downside that a commenter on another website pointed out about setting AC3 during the American Revolution is that there aren't very many big buildings to scale during that time period lol.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Alby_da_Wolf said:
If they wanted to have continuity between Italy and America, wasn't it better to make him an Italian American mafia hitman disguised as a plumber? O-)

Assassin's Creed 4 confirmed to be set in modern day Brooklyn starring Mario and exclusive for the Wii U!?!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:
The one downside that a commenter on another website pointed out about setting AC3 during the American Revolution is that there aren't very many big buildings to scale during that time period lol.

Trees? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

NightDragon83 said:

mountains?