By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS Vita to be the number one selling console/handheld in the new gen

Love it. Definitely brings me back to my infancy here at VGChartz all those years ago.

Keep fighting the good fight Gilgamesh!

Around the Network
MRKs said:
Gilgamesh said:

.And honestly I dunno how long Nintendo can keep up the remakes and sequels to the same games they have, how many more decades are people going to buy basically the same game with updated graphics and a new name of console next to the title, not saying they don't make new IP's but they really should invest more money in it.

Yeah, the people buy everything from Nintendo even when the games are almost identical to it's predeccesor. Let's bring Fifa and Call of Duty for Vita, oh wait...

In al seriousness, I really hope Vita does good even when in this generation I'm on Ninty's side but is too early to tell. The graphics are good so it will not age as far as 3DS, but the critical part are (and always will be) the games. 

That's different, Nintendos first party is basically unsurpasable, put the name Mario, Zelda, or Kart on the box and Nintendo fans go ape sh*t over it and every single owner buys it, thats why Nintendo fans buy Nintendo consoles to only buy these games. But right now Call of Duty is the thing this genration it's the biggest game's people are buying. Like last gen, what was the biggest games on the PS2? GTA. Then the PSP releases and what became the biggest selling game on the PSP? GTA.

Some of you Sony fans are just crazy.

I feel like Nintendo and Microsoft fans can correctly assess and acknowledge when things aren't going to great and take the circumstances for what they are. Some Sony fans just continue to be delusional - believing the best-case scenario is the most likely scenario.

Strange thing is I don't think some of 'em will ever pass this bargaining stage and move on to acceptance. And I hope not, cause this is so much fun to watch.

And some of you are putting way too much faith in Call of Duty PSV. Time to break out that chalkboard.

VGKing said:
KungKras said:
leper-apostle said:
KungKras said:
leper-apostle said:
KungKras said:
Depends on if Nintendo manages to fuck up their 2D Mario, and pokemon, and Capcom fucks up Monster Hunter 4 all at once.

Otherwise this will most likely be a repeat of PS2 vs Xbox, Vita being Xbox.

If you count out third party bias out of the equation of course. And Vita using off the shelf parts that will come down in price quickly.

HUH? Peopel make like PSP bombed its near 80 million and still selling. It's a lotm more complicated then that, Sony has more software suppoirt day 1, and you know third paqrty exclusives are coming.

Your point is?

It's pretty clear... Sony got their foot in the door and established market share., and are much betetr positioned the long haul. The vita is also incredibly easy to work on for developers, and PSN integration will help move units.

Xbox was dev friendly too. I don't see much that contradicts what I said in my first post. Except for Vita being in a good position.

Think of Xbox as the PSP.
The Xbox 360 as the Vita.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

360 launched before the competition and built up momentum, and took advantage of the competitor having a disaster launch. Vita didn't. I am shaking in my boots :P

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
VGKing said:
KungKras said:
leper-apostle said:
KungKras said:
leper-apostle said:
KungKras said:
Depends on if Nintendo manages to fuck up their 2D Mario, and pokemon, and Capcom fucks up Monster Hunter 4 all at once.

If you count out third party bias out of the equation of course. And Vita using off the shelf parts that will come down in price quickly.

HUH? Peopel make like PSP bombed its near 80 million and still selling. It's a lotm more complicated then that, Sony has more software suppoirt day 1, and you know third paqrty exclusives are coming.

Your point is?

It's pretty clear... Sony got their foot in the door and established market share., and are much betetr positioned the long haul. The vita is also incredibly easy to work on for developers, and PSN integration will help move units.

Xbox was dev friendly too. I don't see much that contradicts what I said in my first post. Except for Vita being in a good position.

360 launched before the competition and built up momentum, and took advantage of the competitor having a disaster launch. Vita didn't. I am shaking in my boots :P

I wouldn't be too sure about that

Around the Network
KungKras said:
VGKing said:
KungKras said:
leper-apostle said:
KungKras said:
leper-apostle said:
KungKras said:

Your point is?

Vita's been released WW for almost a week now.....all is lost I guess.

Thank you for the entertainment, Gilgamesh. I'm especially fond of how cavalierly you predict 1) a price drop, 2) an RE, MH, and FF game, none of which have been announced and two of which are already on the 3DS, 3) a CoD title, and 4) not knowing "how long Nintendo can keep up the remakes and sequels to the same games they have" when you say they've successfully been doing it for "decades."

Good times. Fight the good fight!

Gilgamesh said:
KungKras said:

Vita's been released WW for almost a week now.....all is lost I guess.

That comment doesn't even have anything to do with my first statement -_-

All I said was, that aside from third party bias, and Vita using components that will come down in price quickly, the Vita/3DS situation looks a lot like the Xbox/PS2 situation.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Gilgamesh said:
MRKs said:
Gilgamesh said:

.And honestly I dunno how long Nintendo can keep up the remakes and sequels to the same games they have, how many more decades are people going to buy basically the same game with updated graphics and a new name of console next to the title, not saying they don't make new IP's but they really should invest more money in it.

Yeah, the people buy everything from Nintendo even when the games are almost identical to it's predeccesor. Let's bring Fifa and Call of Duty for Vita, oh wait...

In al seriousness, I really hope Vita does good even when in this generation I'm on Ninty's side but is too early to tell. The graphics are good so it will not age as far as 3DS, but the critical part are (and always will be) the games. 

That's different, Nintendos first party is basically unsurpasable, put the name Mario, Zelda, or Kart on the box and Nintendo fans go ape sh*t over it and every single owner buys it, thats why Nintendo fans buy Nintendo consoles to only buy these games. But right now Call of Duty is the thing this genration it's the biggest game's people are buying. Like last gen, what was the biggest games on the PS2? GTA. Then the PSP releases and what became the biggest selling game on the PSP? GTA.

That is so silly!!

Here is the difference between a game a Nintendo fan buys, and one EVERYBODY buys:

PosGamePlatformYearGenrePublisherNorth AmericaEuropeJapanRest of WorldGlobal
3 New Super Mario Bros. Wii Wii 2009 Platform Nintendo 12.44 5.98 4.51 2.10 25.03
15 Super Mario Sunshine GC 2002 Platform Nintendo 4.01 1.26 0.87 0.17 6.31

And Nintendo fans also buy other games I hope you're aware. 1 example needed. I own Street Fighter IV as well as SM3DL and Zelda OOT 3D on my 3DS, as well as many 3rd party DS games.

I know it wasn't the point but I had to say it.

This is how it would happen in a perfect world. It is far from it though.