By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Ron Paul warns of a Fascist Takeover in America

NintendoPie said:
sethnintendo said:
Moonhero said:
NintendoPie said:
Moonhero said:
Vote for Ron Paul so that America can finally add Canada as a state!!

No! I don't want Canada to end up as bad as USA. :|

USA is cool! Canada can be our fancy hat forever. ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Be a lot easier to invade Mexico and boot them all out for our "living space".

We do need more room, you know, for the "growing population." 

Which ironically is mainly the Hispanic population.

Around the Network

Iran did not publicly deny the holocaust to my knowledge. I thought that was a mistranslation and was actually more of Iran mocking certain European countries who claimed to have free speech for making it a crime to deny the holocaust or something in that nature.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

sethnintendo said:
NintendoPie said:
sethnintendo said:
Moonhero said:
NintendoPie said:
Moonhero said:
Vote for Ron Paul so that America can finally add Canada as a state!!

No! I don't want Canada to end up as bad as USA. :|

USA is cool! Canada can be our fancy hat forever. ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Be a lot easier to invade Mexico and boot them all out for our "living space".

We do need more room, you know, for the "growing population." 

Which ironically is mainly the Hispanic population.

I was more referring to one of the Manifest Destiny reasons. But, true.

NintendoPie said:

Ah yea, that too.  I believe in finishing in what we started right?  I mean good ole Bush finished what his dad started so we gotta finish what we started!  We should have kept pushing south with the US-Mexican War and taken over their entire country!

sethnintendo said:
NintendoPie said:

Ah yea, that too.  I believe in finishing in what we started right?  I mean good ole Bush finished what his dad started so we gotta finish what we started!  We should have kept pushing south with the US-Mexican War and taken over their entire country!

I think you're reading too much into my statement. XD

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Mr Khan said:
There's a simple way to crush corporate influence: publicly funded elections or the elimination of the notion of corporate personhood (return corporations to what they were originally meant to do: serve as safeguards against individual business liability, and ban them from being able to own intellectual property outright, and from contributing in any way, shape, or form to political campaigns)

One radical step being easier than multiple radical steps, and it will get everything back on track quickly by making politicians once again answerable to the people at large rather than the moneyed interests.

Right. All we have to do is eliminate freedom of speech, press, and association, and it's goodbye corporate influence!

The elimination of corporate personhood would in no way impact those things. The individuals who compose corporations would still have all their rights, just not the right to act anonymously behind the corporate veil in matters of influencing the course of American politics.

Or we can go with the "public funding only" one, where the most corporations would be reduced to is the indirect creation of aid.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

sethnintendo said:
NintendoPie said:

What do you plan on doing with the Mexicans?

Joelcool7 said:
Ron Paul is naive and well maybe just plain dumb. His plan to pull America's troops from around the globe.would lead to.genocides and wars all over. Global instability as weak and defence less countries would fall prey to the likes of China. In fact even more powerful countries would he defence less and likely fall.

The United States itself would then become a military state. I note Ron Paul in an early debate said he didn't intend to fire or lay off much of the army or decommission the weapons. He just wanted to bring the troops home and close all of America's foreign bases.

That is the first hint as to Ron Paul's actual intentions. A build up of soldiers and troops here in North America. A massive military force on Canada's border. Also with the Pentagon stating that homegrown terrorism is the biggest threat and the President and military now legally allowed to assassinate or detain American citizens without trial if they are thought to he terrorists.

Ron Paul appears to be the racist. Building up a massive force on your countries home soil. Right as an economic crisis is inevitable. Its hard not to draw parallels with Nazis Germany. While Ron Paul leaves all of America's allies for dead and betrays any countries that still support America he leaves the US isolated.

With no support globally for America. Trade support dropping alongside America's former allies. The US defaults in its loans which even after Ron Paul's cuts would occur within a few years. With the US economic collapse the occupy protestors rise again. This time violence breaks out Americans are desperate to survive. America has a huge armed force in the country to put down any rebellion. The country needs to distract its people while getting the country resources. The only way to do.that is war. Having seen allied forces massacred Ron Paul comes to the aid of any remaining.

Ron Paul is not a good leader if you want to avoid a Nazis repeat. Fact is building up a massive force at home right as the economy is struggling on the verge of collapse and the largest threat to America is now American citizens homegrown terrorists.

Sorry people need to think things through. What possible good could come from pulling all the US foreign operations troops? Lose trading partners as countries that sold to you did so do to America's military might and economic power neither of which would he relevant anymore. All of the American allies would be destroyed or turn on America. Americans at home in their economic crisis now have the full US military at home ready to suppress their uprising.

Sounds like a great democratic country or Republic. Man I so want to live there lol

I don't agree with Ron Paul but lets be honest 2 minutes here.

The presence of american soldiers abroad have little to do with defending democracy but a lot to do with defending america's business interests abroad.

Lets not mix both...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

man-bear-pig said:
sethnintendo said:
NintendoPie said:

What do you plan on doing with the Mexicans?

Boot them out or conscript them into one mass army to send at the other Central American nations.

Mr Khan said:
badgenome said:
Mr Khan said:
There's a simple way to crush corporate influence: publicly funded elections or the elimination of the notion of corporate personhood (return corporations to what they were originally meant to do: serve as safeguards against individual business liability, and ban them from being able to own intellectual property outright, and from contributing in any way, shape, or form to political campaigns)

One radical step being easier than multiple radical steps, and it will get everything back on track quickly by making politicians once again answerable to the people at large rather than the moneyed interests.

Right. All we have to do is eliminate freedom of speech, press, and association, and it's goodbye corporate influence!

The elimination of corporate personhood would in no way impact those things. The individuals who compose corporations would still have all their rights, just not the right to act anonymously behind the corporate veil in matters of influencing the course of American politics.

Or we can go with the "public funding only" one, where the most corporations would be reduced to is the indirect creation of aid.

How's that? People currently don't forfeit their right to speak freely just because they come together in a group, but that's exactly what you're suggesting they do. That's eviscerating the First Amendment, however you justify it.

As for public funding, I'd rather not be forced to pay for the political campaigns of people I don't support while being prevented from supporting the candidates I do like, thanks.