By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Ron Paul warns of a Fascist Takeover in America

I like Ron Paul. He seems like a guy who really means what he's saying. Sadly, he doesn't stand a chance... Too many people within his own party holding him down.

I hope he thinks about an independent run in 2012.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Around the Network
Joelcool7 said:
Ron Paul is naive and well maybe just plain dumb. His plan to pull America's troops from around the globe.would lead to.genocides and wars all over. Global instability as weak and defence less countries would fall prey to the likes of China. In fact even more powerful countries would he defence less and likely fall.

The United States itself would then become a military state. I note Ron Paul in an early debate said he didn't intend to fire or lay off much of the army or decommission the weapons. He just wanted to bring the troops home and close all of America's foreign bases.

That is the first hint as to Ron Paul's actual intentions. A build up of soldiers and troops here in North America. A massive military force on Canada's border. Also with the Pentagon stating that homegrown terrorism is the biggest threat and the President and military now legally allowed to assassinate or detain American citizens without trial if they are thought to he terrorists.

Ron Paul appears to be the racist. Building up a massive force on your countries home soil. Right as an economic crisis is inevitable. Its hard not to draw parallels with Nazis Germany. While Ron Paul leaves all of America's allies for dead and betrays any countries that still support America he leaves the US isolated.

With no support globally for America. Trade support dropping alongside America's former allies. The US defaults in its loans which even after Ron Paul's cuts would occur within a few years. With the US economic collapse the occupy protestors rise again. This time violence breaks out Americans are desperate to survive. America has a huge armed force in the country to put down any rebellion. The country needs to distract its people while getting the country resources. The only way to do.that is war. Having seen allied forces massacred Ron Paul comes to the aid of any remaining.

Ron Paul is not a good leader if you want to avoid a Nazis repeat. Fact is building up a massive force at home right as the economy is struggling on the verge of collapse and the largest threat to America is now American citizens homegrown terrorists.

Sorry people need to think things through. What possible good could come from pulling all the US foreign operations troops? Lose trading partners as countries that sold to you did so do to America's military might and economic power neither of which would he relevant anymore. All of the American allies would be destroyed or turn on America. Americans at home in their economic crisis now have the full US military at home ready to suppress their uprising.

Sounds like a great democratic country or Republic. Man I so want to live there lol

Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding, but are you actually saying that Ron Paul is comparable to Hitler?! I can understand disagreeing with his policies, but Hitler?

insomniac17 said:

Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding, but are you actually saying that Ron Paul is comparable to Hitler?! I can understand disagreeing with his policies, but Hitler?

I think Joelcool likes Rick Santorum.

sethnintendo said:
insomniac17 said:

I think Joelcool likes Rick Santorum.

LOL

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

While it's OK to disagree with Joelcool in some points, throwing out fallacious arguments at him is the best you guys can do?

Really, VGC?

Around the Network

@Joel

Yes, as America abandons its allies countries like Japan and Germany will be swallowed up and destroyed by... something. Maybe aliens. Maybe secret Al Queda super shock soldiers. Or maybe the sudden drop in crime around American military bases in these countries will lead to native born criminals over compensating and destroying them from the inside.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

haxxiy said:
While it's OK to disagree with Joelcool in some points, throwing out fallacious arguments at him is the best you guys can do?

Really, VGC?

Very well then. Ron Paul being racist; to the best of my knowledge, there is one story from a while ago in which a couple of racist papers were published under his name. He claimes that these were written by someone else and that he did not read them over before signing them. An honest mistake (and a stupid one), if he speaks the truth. Yet I have heard of no other evidence that shows that Ron Paul is actually racist.

Two, him bringing the millitary home in order to set up a millitary state. It seems far more logical to me that his reasoning for doing this is includes his belief that many of the bases are no longer necessary and are a waste of resources and in some cases, encourage animosity towards the US to flourish (specifically in the middle east). Nowhere have I ever seen any hints of RP's desire to set up a millitary state. His record is overwhelmingly Libertarian (or at the very least, rights of the states over rights of the federal government), and he is always speaking of the rights of the states/individual. How would fighting for a weaker federal government help such a goal in any way?

My main problem with his argument is his reasoning. One, Ron Paul is racist. I have seen one piece of evidence in favor of this position, and nothing more. Two, Ron Paul is bringing the millitary back to set up a millitary state. I have seen no evidence for this, and it directly contradicts everything that he has stood for and voted for... for decades.

Yes, he could have been lying this whole time. It could have been an elaborate plot, half a century in the making. But he would have to be really dumb to take the position that he has in his life, because it seems to me that he would be making such a plan more difficult. I want to know if Joelcool actually thinks that Ron Paul is comparable to Hitler, and why he believes so strongly that Ron Paul is racist and that he wants to create a millitary state.

ron paul can't be that confident in his ability to get elected to start giving warnings of our future...

Mr Khan said:
There's a simple way to crush corporate influence: publicly funded elections or the elimination of the notion of corporate personhood (return corporations to what they were originally meant to do: serve as safeguards against individual business liability, and ban them from being able to own intellectual property outright, and from contributing in any way, shape, or form to political campaigns)

One radical step being easier than multiple radical steps, and it will get everything back on track quickly by making politicians once again answerable to the people at large rather than the moneyed interests.

Right. All we have to do is eliminate freedom of speech, press, and association, and it's goodbye corporate influence!

Joelcool7 said:

That is the first hint as to Ron Paul's actual intentions. A build up of soldiers and troops here in North America. A massive military force on Canada's border. 

Wow you're paranoid as fuck dude! I'm Canadian too, but I wouldn't be nervous in the slightest if all of America's troops were back home in America. If they wanted to take over Canada they could have done it at any point in time in the past 100+ years without much resistance. 

The last thing I fear is an American invasion.