Forums - Sports Discussion - 2018 Major League Baseball!!!!~ You have what it takes? Cubs lose, Rockies move on in a game that went on till after midnight

Who will be World Series Champions?

Yankees 6 18.18%
 
Cubs 5 15.15%
 
Houston 8 24.24%
 
Rockies 0 0.00%
 
Boston 2 6.06%
 
Washington 0 0.00%
 
Dodgers 9 27.27%
 
Indians 2 6.06%
 
Arizona 0 0.00%
 
Twins 1 3.03%
 
Total:33

If this is anything like the other sports threads it will not pick up until the end of the season. I could flip coins for a fantasy team and try to beat you all. It would be pretty funny if I did. Also, you never answered how you got that music in the thread Ryan.



Around the Network
chocoloco said:
If this is anything like the other sports threads it will not pick up until the end of the season. I could flip coins for a fantasy team and try to beat you all. It would be pretty funny if I did. Also, you never answered how you got that music in the thread Ryan.


See that last dot in the OP? That is how I did it. That is where it is coming from. Just made the youtube video really small. I think once the real season gets going it will pick up. I assumed it would be slow for now. Although I hope to get active once Spring Training gets hot and heavy!



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

I'll predict the National League Central standings:

1) Cincinnati- They have good pitching and Joey Votto is a heck of a player.
2) St. Louis- They lost one of the best players in baseball and quite possibly the best manager in baseball. They'll still contend, but that's quite a blow.
3) Milwaukee- Fielder is gone. The Aramis Ramirez pick up will help a little, but he normally doesn't start hitting until the 2nd half. They will put on a fierce push in the 2nd half and come up short.
4) Pittsburgh- Yeah, they've improved, but the end of last year proved that they are still the Pirates.
5) Chicago- The Cubs got even weaker this off season as I said above. There's no hope for the team this year.
6) Houston- The worst team in baseball. 'Nuff said.



Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

RoskiGBCND said:
I'd love for the Blue Jays to win but it isn't going to happen.

Probably not, but you guys are quietly building a pretty solid team over there. If you weren't lumped into the utterly-vicious AL East, you'd be good contenders for the playoffs.

But since you are in the AL West, you're probably doomed to fourth place. :-/

spurgeonryan said:

I am from Washington, but my enemies are the Angels, so I can deal with your Oakland doing well....just not too well.

I assume you mean the state and not DC. If so, I look forward to the death duel between our teams for last place! A month ago, I would've bet on us taking it handily with around 60 wins, but now I think we could edge you out by about three or four...

Neither of us is coming close to the Rangers or Angels though (those bastards!).



noname2200 said:
RoskiGBCND said:
I'd love for the Blue Jays to win but it isn't going to happen.

Probably not, but you guys are quietly building a pretty solid team over there. If you weren't lumped into the utterly-vicious AL East, you'd be good contenders for the playoffs.

But since you are in the AL West, you're probably doomed to fourth place. :-/

spurgeonryan said:

I am from Washington, but my enemies are the Angels, so I can deal with your Oakland doing well....just not too well.

I assume you mean the state and not DC. If so, I look forward to the death duel between our teams for last place! A month ago, I would've bet on us taking it handily with around 60 wins, but now I think we could edge you out by about three or four...

Neither of us is coming close to the Rangers or Angels though (those bastards!).


Well with the Chewing Tobacco ban imminent (yeah right), they have a chance now. Blue Jays that is.

As for me, yes I mean Washington State.  I would not bet on the Nationals for nothing. Or the Expos for that matter. Does anyone miss the Expos, or are we all fine with what happened?

 

I would rather have the Rangers over the Angels. But since I am in Cubs and White Sox territory now, I will have to go with the White Sox. Cubs if some miracle happens.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network
amp316 said:

I'll predict the National League Central standings:

1) Cincinnati- They have good pitching and Joey Votto is a heck of a player.
2) St. Louis- They lost one of the best players in baseball and quite possibly the best manager in baseball. They'll still contend, but that's quite a blow.
3) Milwaukee- Fielder is gone. The Aramis Ramirez pick up will help a little, but he normally doesn't start hitting until the 2nd half. They will put on a fierce push in the 2nd half and come up short.
4) Pittsburgh- Yeah, they've improved, but the end of last year proved that they are still the Pirates.
5) Chicago- The Cubs got even weaker this off season as I said above. There's no hope for the team this year.
6) Houston- The worst team in baseball. 'Nuff said.

The Cardinals get back Wainwright though.  That will be a huge boost to the pitching staff.

The Cardinals had the best offense in the NL last year even though Pujols had a down year (for him).  Plugging in Beltran is a good replacement as long as he stays healthy.  I think they will be right there in the thick of things again this year.



NNID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
3DS - Currently Gaming Like It's 2011 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
PC - Currently Gaming Like It's 2012 - Borderlands 2
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links

noname2200 said:
RoskiGBCND said:
I'd love for the Blue Jays to win but it isn't going to happen.

Probably not, but you guys are quietly building a pretty solid team over there. If you weren't lumped into the utterly-vicious AL East, you'd be good contenders for the playoffs.

But since you are in the AL West, you're probably doomed to fourth place. :-/

spurgeonryan said:

I am from Washington, but my enemies are the Angels, so I can deal with your Oakland doing well....just not too well.

I assume you mean the state and not DC. If so, I look forward to the death duel between our teams for last place! A month ago, I would've bet on us taking it handily with around 60 wins, but now I think we could edge you out by about three or four...

Neither of us is coming close to the Rangers or Angels though (those bastards!).

Lol, as if the god's were listening to us talk.

 

Scott Sizemore will miss the entire 2012 season with a torn ACL in his left knee.


 

The Cardinals get back Wainwright though.  That will be a huge boost to the pitching staff.

The Cardinals had the best offense in the NL last year even though Pujols had a down year (for him).  Plugging in Beltran is a good replacement as long as he stays healthy.  I think they will be right there in the thick of things again this year.

Why don't I know how to multi quote?

Pujols was a big part of your team the Republic. Of course he goes to the god dang Angels!

 

By the way, how old is Pujols? A ten year contract with the Angels! Is that even feasible for him at his age?



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

RoskiGBCND said:
I'd love for the Blue Jays to win but it isn't going to happen.

wrong bird

theRepublic said:
Go Cardinals!

wrong bird

 

Orioles.. woohoo!!

 

 







VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

spurgeonryan said:

"theRepublic said:

The Cardinals get back Wainwright though.  That will be a huge boost to the pitching staff.

The Cardinals had the best offense in the NL last year even though Pujols had a down year (for him).  Plugging in Beltran is a good replacement as long as he stays healthy.  I think they will be right there in the thick of things again this year."

Why don't I know how to multi quote?

Pujols was a big part of your team the Republic. Of course he goes to the god dang Angels!

By the way, how old is Pujols? A ten year contract with the Angels! Is that even feasible for him at his age?

Pujols has been a huge part of the Cardinals for the past decade.  But if you look at 2011, you will see that Beltran had a better batting average, better on base percentage, better OPS, and was close in slugging percentage.  He played about the same number of games too.  If he can keep it up, he would be an adequate replacement.

I'm just hoping that age doesn't catch up to Beltran and Berkman and Carpenter.

Pujols is 32.  Pujols will not be worth that contract for probably the last 3 or 4 years.  There are some rumors out there he is 33 or 34, but I don't really believe that.



NNID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
3DS - Currently Gaming Like It's 2011 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
PC - Currently Gaming Like It's 2012 - Borderlands 2
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links

theRepublic said:
amp316 said:

I'll predict the National League Central standings:

1) Cincinnati- They have good pitching and Joey Votto is a heck of a player.
2) St. Louis- They lost one of the best players in baseball and quite possibly the best manager in baseball. They'll still contend, but that's quite a blow.
3) Milwaukee- Fielder is gone. The Aramis Ramirez pick up will help a little, but he normally doesn't start hitting until the 2nd half. They will put on a fierce push in the 2nd half and come up short.
4) Pittsburgh- Yeah, they've improved, but the end of last year proved that they are still the Pirates.
5) Chicago- The Cubs got even weaker this off season as I said above. There's no hope for the team this year.
6) Houston- The worst team in baseball. 'Nuff said.

The Cardinals get back Wainwright though.  That will be a huge boost to the pitching staff.

The Cardinals had the best offense in the NL last year even though Pujols had a down year (for him).  Plugging in Beltran is a good replacement as long as he stays healthy.  I think they will be right there in the thick of things again this year.

Wainright will definitely be a plus but Wainright doesn't equal Pujuols and LaRussa IMO. Also, Beltran is often hurt as you said.   I think that they will contend, but come up a tad bit short.  I could be wrong since I often am.



Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger