By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2018 Major League Baseball!!!!~ You have what it takes? Cubs lose, Rockies move on in a game that went on till after midnight

Who will be World Series Champions?

Yankees 6 18.18%

Cubs 5 15.15%

Houston 8 24.24%

Rockies 0 0%

Boston 2 6.06%

Washington 0 0%

Dodgers 9 27.27%

Indians 2 6.06%

Arizona 0 0%

Twins 1 3.03%

Total:33

To answer your new thread title: Nothing is devastating to Cubs fans.

We've seen it all...

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

So what's this? Kind of like football (soccer) but you have a bat?

pezus said:
So what's this? Kind of like football (soccer) but you have a bat?

Hehe.  I've heard it compared to cricket before, but never football (soccer).

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:

I'm not so sure that Brad Pitt is much of a GM anymore for your A's.  I hate to break it to you... 

I still have faith in Beane. We hit a cold streak in our drafting for the past few years, and going all-in a few years back has really set us back, but I'm generally a fan of our off-season moves this year (Bailey trade excepted), so I'm willing to keep the faith a bit longer.

Kind of funny how some say that Houston is one of the worst teams in baseball, yet the have managed to. Make it 2-0 right of the bat in spring training. Too bad spring training play is different than seasonal play.

Anyone have any hope for the this year?

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network

I have hope that my team can get one more win than your team!

noname2200 said:
I have hope that my team can get one more win than your team!

I hope so to for your teams sake.  The Cubs are going to suck this year.

spurgeonryan said:
RoskiGBCND said:
I haven't been following the MLB as of late. Is Brett Lawrie still the Blue Jays only Canadian player?

If you are Rainbow Yoshi, then I am really surprised that you knew anything about Baseball at all.

@Trunks

Thanks for stopping by! We will see how the Yankees do this year, by the way....do you know any Mets fans?

Yeah, I know a couple. However they know the Mets have no chance and will probably finish in last this year, so they are rooting for the Yankees.

The Yankees should have no problem making it into the playoffs again, especially since they actually have a good starting rotation this year. Sabathia is one of the best pitchers, Nova should continue to improve, Pineda has ace potential, Kuroda brings another veteran presence and Hughes / Garcia are good as a #5. Plus they got rid of Burnett and I expect Arod to have a bounce back year as long as he remains healthy, 30 HRs and 100 RBIs.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:

The Yankees should have no problem making it into the playoffs again, especially since they actually have a good starting rotation this year. Sabathia is one of the best pitchers, Nova should continue to improve, Pineda has ace potential, Kuroda brings another veteran presence and Hughes / Garcia are good as a #5. Plus they got rid of Burnett and I expect Arod to have a bounce back year as long as he remains healthy, 30 HRs and 100 RBIs.

I think so too ...

but somehow I don't think Burnett was that bad, I hope he will do well after recovering from his injury. The Pirates need him and I think he can be a great contributor for the team.

Hopefully I can see the Yankees in the WS again. The last couple of years were mehhh

And damn those timezones. Most of the good games are at 1am in the morning here :( at least mlb.tv has an archive

Lusche said:
trunkswd said:

I think so too ...

but somehow I don't think Burnett was that bad, I hope he will do well after recovering from his injury. The Pirates need him and I think he can be a great contributor for the team.

Hopefully I can see the Yankees in the WS again. The last couple of years were mehhh

And damn those timezones. Most of the good games are at 1am in the morning here :( at least mlb.tv has an archive

I expect Burnett to do much better in the national league and without the pressure that comes with playing in NY.

It would be great if the Yankees made it to the world series again and of course won. But the best teams don't always win. The Yankees and Phillies were the best teams lat year, but didn't make it past the first round in the playoffs.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.