By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2018 Major League Baseball!!!!~ You have what it takes? Cubs lose, Rockies move on in a game that went on till after midnight

Who will be World Series Champions?

Yankees 6 18.18%

Cubs 5 15.15%

Houston 8 24.24%

Rockies 0 0%

Boston 2 6.06%

Washington 0 0%

Dodgers 9 27.27%

Indians 2 6.06%

Arizona 0 0%

Twins 1 3.03%

Total:33

Great stuff! That music makes me want to kick Tim McCarver in the kneecap gently. I would punch him in the face, but he's way too old to do that to.

I would possibly do a fantasy thing if there was enough interest. If not, I will just post about how bad the Cubs are doing all year.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
amp316 said:
Great stuff! That music makes me want to kick Tim McCarver in the kneecap gently. I would punch him in the face, but he's way too old to do that to.

I would possibly do a fantasy thing if there was enough interest. If not, I will just post about how bad the Cubs are doing all year.

You do not think that the Cubs new coach is going to be able to turn anything around this Season? :)

The team has actually gotten weaker this off season. 

The only thing that new Cubs manager Dale Sveum might turn around is the Gatorade machine just to punish his players.

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Let's go Oakland *clap clap clapclapclap*!

We're totally going to suck in this 'rebuilding year', aren't we? :(

Anyhow, thanks for making this thread. I was planning on starting one for MLB as the season opener drew closer, but now I won't have to put in any effort. :D

And I envy/pity Detroit fans. The team's going to cruise into the playoffs...but that doesn't automatically mean they're going to actually be any good.

Go Cardinals!

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
Switch - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (2014/2017)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links

I'd love for the Blue Jays to win but it isn't going to happen.

Around the Network

If this is anything like the other sports threads it will not pick up until the end of the season. I could flip coins for a fantasy team and try to beat you all. It would be pretty funny if I did. Also, you never answered how you got that music in the thread Ryan.

I'll predict the National League Central standings:

1) Cincinnati- They have good pitching and Joey Votto is a heck of a player.
2) St. Louis- They lost one of the best players in baseball and quite possibly the best manager in baseball. They'll still contend, but that's quite a blow.
3) Milwaukee- Fielder is gone. The Aramis Ramirez pick up will help a little, but he normally doesn't start hitting until the 2nd half. They will put on a fierce push in the 2nd half and come up short.
4) Pittsburgh- Yeah, they've improved, but the end of last year proved that they are still the Pirates.
5) Chicago- The Cubs got even weaker this off season as I said above. There's no hope for the team this year.
6) Houston- The worst team in baseball. 'Nuff said.

RoskiGBCND said:

Probably not, but you guys are quietly building a pretty solid team over there. If you weren't lumped into the utterly-vicious AL East, you'd be good contenders for the playoffs.

But since you are in the AL West, you're probably doomed to fourth place. :-/

spurgeonryan said:

I am from Washington, but my enemies are the Angels, so I can deal with your Oakland doing well....just not too well.

I assume you mean the state and not DC. If so, I look forward to the death duel between our teams for last place! A month ago, I would've bet on us taking it handily with around 60 wins, but now I think we could edge you out by about three or four...

Neither of us is coming close to the Rangers or Angels though (those bastards!).

amp316 said:

I'll predict the National League Central standings:

1) Cincinnati- They have good pitching and Joey Votto is a heck of a player.
2) St. Louis- They lost one of the best players in baseball and quite possibly the best manager in baseball. They'll still contend, but that's quite a blow.
3) Milwaukee- Fielder is gone. The Aramis Ramirez pick up will help a little, but he normally doesn't start hitting until the 2nd half. They will put on a fierce push in the 2nd half and come up short.
4) Pittsburgh- Yeah, they've improved, but the end of last year proved that they are still the Pirates.
5) Chicago- The Cubs got even weaker this off season as I said above. There's no hope for the team this year.
6) Houston- The worst team in baseball. 'Nuff said.

The Cardinals get back Wainwright though.  That will be a huge boost to the pitching staff.

The Cardinals had the best offense in the NL last year even though Pujols had a down year (for him).  Plugging in Beltran is a good replacement as long as he stays healthy.  I think they will be right there in the thick of things again this year.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
Switch - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (2014/2017)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links

RoskiGBCND said:

wrong bird

theRepublic said:
Go Cardinals!

wrong bird

Orioles.. woohoo!!

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence